Do you like my char? Critize is welcome

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Do you like my char? Critize is welcome

Hey guys i drive a Honda Civic Ex 1995 It is a two door black automatic. The car has 145k miles on it. The car physically is in pretty damn good condition. The only mods is a Cold Air Intake (cai) i don't know any specifics... I payed about 80 bucks total and a friends installed it. Head unit...it's pretty cool plays portable usb mp3 players and like every f^cking format of disk. The car has a brand spanking new transmission and it is supposedly a lot better than the original stock one. I welcome any insults about the car and all opinions. If you like it tell me why...If you don't tell me why. Thank you all for your posts
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

dont worry about what other people think, theyle just bash it...

posted by  mazda6man

Thanks i know but i like my car regardless of what people say about it. Thank you for your post. I just would like to know what people think about it...good? bad? it's ok what you think?
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

manual or auto?

posted by  jedimario

Hey guys i drive a Honda Civic Ex 1995 It is a two door black automatic. The car has

posted by  95civicdima

It's an average Honda...nice.

At least it's not all riced out...but will that be happening soon?

posted by  BavarianWheels

o sorry, well it's nice but you need a stick shift man! :thumbs:

posted by  jedimario

I'm a guy that is fairly simple and in to computers. I can't say i know a lot about cars but i'm basically the average user- a person who knows a decent amount but not even close..if you know what i mean. The furthest i'm going to go is getting tinted windows because my car is black and all so it heats up in the sun pretty bad and as far as i know the tint helps that out a lot. I'm not gonna put gay flames or w/e on it. I might get new tires and wheels with 16" rims but that's as far as i go...oh yea also upgrading the speakers but that's it. What you think i should do?
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

oh sorry i didn't mean it in a bad manner sorry if it came up that way. I learned how to drive on a 92 Honda accord that was a stick and the first 3 cars i drove was a stick honda 92 2002 mustang stick and corrola dx stick. So i do know how to drive stick fairly well. I'm a high school student in 11th grade i don't think i need a stick. I picked this car out of convienence. I bought it for 3300 and then spent 500 putting it in the condition it is now.

posted by  95civicdima

Why does he "need" as stick shift? To satisfy YOUR "needs"?

posted by  BavarianWheels

i like yo car no matter what
and everyone is gona start bashin me for my neon and coming back to the forum, but i dont care, because im just here to help people to my best ability
dima
i thought u werent getting speakers?
i gota get new ones becase mine fried
lol
i kept blastin em too hard with an aftermarket headunit

posted by  6000LE

nice civic dude!!! How many miles (just curious)???

posted by  elchango36

Thanks man it's got 145k Not that bad if you ask me...What do you like about it if you don't mind me asking?
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

welll......... NO!!!

haha JK

posted by  ITR4LIFE

lol hey man if you don't like it tell me why..if you do tell me why too please... it seems like i'm asking a lot from you guys and i appreciate the feedback i'm getting.. it's just i'm anoid by how people say their opinions without support I WANT TO HEAR WHY!? please and thank you :mrgreen:

-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

5th gen is my favorite body style followed by the 6th gen. I love the "Rust free" body which is pretty hard to find around my area. I also like the sunroof, the beautiful black paint, as well as the fact that its the coupe. However from my experience, manual is hella more fun the auto. But other than that, yeah nice car!

BTW... from the sounds of it your not going to rice your car, so thanks!!! :thumbs:
SAY NO TO RICE!

posted by  elchango36

i think its the perfect car for what u might be doing, school, friends, errands and all of that driving around stuff. I drive a buick cause my dad doese'nt let me drive my Spec-V :(. I know i would be happy driving your car.

posted by  Walt

-points for automatic

posted by  Oomba

:rolleyes:

posted by  jedimario

I like the fact thats it's black cause I always enjoy black cars and don't worry about it being automatic if thats what you prefer then screw the others.

posted by  Spanky2324

It's nice, looks clean. although I do agree, manual is funner.

(and to the people asking why others are saying he needs stick and stuff, he asked for responses from people and THEIR opinions on it, if their opinion is that stick is better, then they're welcome to say it. it's not bashing, it's just stating their :2cents: )

not trying to piss anyone off, just stating this.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Thanks man i appreciate everyones comments... Please continue. Any Advice on what to do with it? When i was shopping for a car i wanted to get a 94-96 integra. I came by a 94 integra and this civic at this dealer in NJ. The dude that had the acura was in pretty bad shape. There was a mark of oil leaking and i dunno how long that lasted so i took this civic. The Integra was a stick and the civic was an automatic either way i was good with either one. Once again i learned how to drive on a stick i know how to drive stick... please don't make that the major fault. Thank you all and once again what should i do with the car? any advice on what's good and what should go. I'm a guy for performance and good quality but i don't race or rice.
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

Needs more powAr

posted by  Oomba

I think you should get help from me on the sound upgrade :mrgreen:

posted by  thunderbird1100

as far as mods go, if you want performance, I'd start with a cold air intake. You did good on getting an EX because it has VTEC, so it's already running about 20-25 more horsepower than the other civics you see (unmodded, besides Si). But for mods, I'd go cold air intake to start off with, that's probably the most basic mod you're going to find for a decent price. I'd also go with a name brand CAI, not that I'm big on named brands, but they seem to have more quality than 15$ Ebay CAI's. The next basic bolt on would probably be a cat-back exhaust. You can get them with silencers, so they don't sound real loud, but still add about 15 horsepower. The CAI you're looking at around 200 for a nice system brand new, and the Exhaust, prolly 500 brand new. Another option would be to go ram air instead of cold air. The difference is that the Cold air goes down into the bumper and can pick up water and things during rain. the ram air goes about as far as your stock airbox though. HOWEVER, if you get a CAI and bypass valve, you should be ok as far as water goes. Hope I helped.

posted by  Xplicit_of_lp

Are you retarded?

posted by  99integra

i like your civic dima
good luck on your drivers test tomorrow!!!

posted by  6000LE

yeah man i like your car tint would look really nice. I would definatelly get some new rims and maybe a small spoiler would be nice. ( Dont get the real high ones, most look rice, except maybe TYPE R)

posted by  V-Tec

whats so special about it

posted by  ToshoRcing

It's his car...and he's showing it. Does there have to be anything "special" about it?

posted by  hondaman

so what ...its like what is there to say its just a black dx coupe there is nothing bad about it becauce i have a 98 black ex coupe there is just nothing to say

posted by  ToshoRcing

So? It's his car. If he's proud about it, let him be. It's not hurting you any to read it, and if it is, then don't!

posted by  hondaman

its not hurting me cause basiclly i have the same car im just saying threr isnt alot of comments to give on it

posted by  ToshoRcing

That's funny you would say that actually because i have $150 sitting right next to me that is dedicated for getting tints. I need to get my license first so when i get that i'll get tints put in. I'm doing 20% around the sides and 10% up front. You like that idea?

posted by  95civicdima

Yup our cars are pretty similiar. Yours is a bit better i would agree. I just thought that i read plenty of threads here that i should put something up i feel good on, and taht is my car. I've gotten a lot of good feed back that i appreciate i just wanna see what people find good about my car. So far what i've been told is it looks good (which to me is a pretty big plus) that it gets good miles (i know from just driving it) and that it has a lot of potential. Nothing on how it has good performance. OH YEA it's an automatic and some people don't like that, but i know how to drive a manual just as good as i know how to drive an automatic and i don't race so it's all good. Thanks guys keep up the comments please!
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

It looks really good but the wheels are kinda iffy, if you don't plan on buying rims just buy some decent looking hubcaps but that is just my :2cents:

posted by  99integra

yeah, i like it 'cause it look so clean and in great condition. the hubcaps do look kinda iffy, and a replacement would be nice. some subtle visual upgrades and that would be a nice ride, not to fast but fast but as long as you don't rice it, i like it.

posted by  Slapshot

Yea so i do intend on getting something besides hubcaps absolutely... It's just i work at Walgreens so i don't exactly have income that well. If i find something with a good deal like a nice package deal for under or around 300 i'll grab it. Till then i'm gonna have to stick to the hubbs that I HATE! 6000LE and i don't exactly don't have the same ideals and opinions toward cars. I dislike his car...I actually dislike all neon's to that matter... and he thinks i have a weak ass car. So we don't agree fully with each other, but we still cool friends.
-Dmtiry

posted by  95civicdima

talkin shit are we?
lol
i just dont tihnk civics are fast
neither is my neon
just has more of a "spirited" ride in my opinion
and i already got sport springs :)

posted by  6000LE

...........no comment

posted by  99integra

the first intelligent thing to come from your username

posted by  6000LE

Funny, sorry bra, no getting pissed for me :banghead:

posted by  99integra

its bro
and u can piss urself all u want

posted by  6000LE

Well technically I say bra because it is mostly a surf term, as is bro, secondly did I say anything about pissing myself? No. And lastly I am just stating out something that used to be used in arguments

posted by  99integra

u make no sense

posted by  6000LE

Previously you said to me that your Neon was fast, now you just said that it is slow, you are the one not making sense

posted by  99integra

where did i say it was slow
i said it wasnt fast
there is a difference
im sure your ranger is not fast
but its closer to slow

posted by  6000LE

I made a misconception of you saying it is nor fast nor slow, my bad, now, you are right about my truck, flame over.....

posted by  99integra

good :mrgreen:
cause this whole argument has been making me :screwy:

posted by  6000LE

That's a nice neat car you have there 95civicdima. Keep it stock and enjoy it.

If you want to play buy an old VH45 engine and rebuild it with turbocharger.

posted by  Wally

im no expert but that sounds like a lot of beans (no that does not mean horsepower it means money)

posted by  6000LE

A lot cheaper than tarting up a car and something you can flog off for than you paid.

posted by  Wally

explain?

posted by  6000LE

:stupid:

posted by  jedimario

Shelling out cash to add bling to a car is wasted money. It may make a statement, but only to a small insignificant audience. On the other hand if you were to buy an engine and spend money refurbishing and enhancing it, you not only gain valuable experience and esteem, but also have an asset that has the potential to make a profit on sale. The engine I quoted is a very good example of mass production V8 engineering and should test your wits more than your wallet.

posted by  Wally

I would honestly love too, but money is an object and it is something of concern. I get paid 7.50 an hr plus around 300-500 from repairs on computers a month. I really don't have the money to put on a project like that. Also no space. I like the idea but not on this car... maybe my next.
-Dmitry

posted by  95civicdima

Your Message