http://www.teamsofaking.com/movies/lenkillviper00.mpeg

choke on that
for those who said the neon is a turd with no potential

posted by  6000LE

LOL....now that's one quick Neon! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Probly had a different engine. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

While that Neon is beyond sickening, I think it's time to give it a rest. They will still bash you no matter what.

Nissan_Altima

PS-They are referring to an average Neon, do you know how much cash is riding under the hood of that thing?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

lol....yeah, I cant see the standard lump being that powerfull :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

could be a different engine
i really never understood engine swapping
becaus the mounting frame in the engine bay is different and it has to link with th transmission it always seemed costly to me
but hey if it can beat a viper all is possible
notice how the guy yells "IS THAT A NEON??!?"
id yell that too :smoke:

posted by  6000LE

I don't think any of us ever said the neon had no potential.

posted by  jedimario

well its a "turd"
w.e im tired of arguing
you all can say whatever u want i really dont care anymore
because its no use convicing the whole forum
vecasue it wont work anyway

posted by  6000LE

I don't think anyone here thinks the SRT4 is a "turd". Personally, I like it.

posted by  jedimario

Just like to point out. While I cant determine whether that was a 12 or 13 second pass (it lokos like the Neon ran a 12.3x or 13.3x). Hard to even count on your own from when they start because the video starts almsot right when they start except it's a bout a half second off.

Either way I can come to this conclusion, if that Neon ran 12.3x then that Viper is slow as hell running a 12.70x/12.80x (it looked like). The GTS Viper stock was a 12.3ish second car (450hp version). And if the neon did in fact go 13.3x then my god the Viper bogged down or launched in 3rd gear, because a high 13 second time is unheard of in ANY Viper.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I respect the fact the SRT-4 has loads of power and handles fairly decently. But I still wouldn't buy it over an RSX-S or new Civic Si. I can't ever own a Neon.

i can understand that
but those are impressive numbers for a neon
SRT-4 is a kickin ride
what it is 220 or 240?
and for your post about the viper being slow thats a possibility
but then again even if it were a little faster its still impressive for a neon to be able to keep up or come close to beating a viper

posted by  6000LE

Takes a lot of balls form any fwd econocar to keep up with a stock Viper.

SRT-4 makes a lot of power (puts down like 210-215fwhp). But I cant get over the still-neon looks.

I know the Viper is slow i nthat video for a Viper. We know it either ran a 12.70ish or 13.70ish run.

The SRT-4 is an excellent performer...but they made a mistake in that it looks almost exactly like a normal Neon. What they should have done is given it a separate look, sort of the like Honda's Civic/Civic Si line, just something to give it it's own identity and separate it more from it's economical sisters.

posted by  hondaman

im sure there will be a redisign
sooner or later
and personally i dont like the looks of the curent Civic Si :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

Afraid not, both the Neon and SRT-4 lines have been discontinued.

posted by  hondaman

since when?
well i guess no more neons for me
lol
i think il go for a 99 Infiniti I30 next
boss got one its hot
not that fast
but comfortable

posted by  6000LE

Actually that looked more like an 11 second run for the neon, but if it has that much in the engine, it probably can't turn very well...But whatever it's just a number...
My reason for disliking the Neon is because in grades 5-8, me and my friends would play a game where whenever someone sees a Neon, we'd punch eachother, like Punchbuggies, and I'd always miss them :doh:
The SRT-4 isn't too bad though...

posted by  chris_knows

Not many people do like the current hatch Si. Most people think call it "microvan" like looks. The new coupe Si however, saweet.

It's definatley not an 11 second pass, it clearly looks like a 12/13 on the monitor. Plus, if you count it certainly isnt an 11 second pass (i used a stopwatch).

Oh, yours is probably more accurate then, I couted partly in my head, and partly through the little clock thing in the bottom of the movie lol :oops: ...It's just a number though...

posted by  chris_knows

The SRT-4 isnt even considered by Dodge to be a Neon.

About Engine swapping, new motor mounts are required, along with a new transmission and other things.

posted by  Oomba

I thought that was funny the entire first few months the SRT-4 was out the people who bought it were convinced it was a completely separate car from the Neon. :laughing:

The thing is built on the Neon chassis, has an incredibly similar interior and looks exactly like the Neon! It's like what the Civic Si is to the Civic EX for the SRT-4 to the Neon R/T. Dodge just forgot to use the Neon name in SRT-4. :mrgreen:

it has more of an agressive stance, bigger wheels, different engine. design may be similar, but the actual mechanics differ by a large margin

posted by  6000LE

Whoa! Somebody spent way too much money on a Neon... I dont think this proves your point. There is probably very little on that car that comes from the factory model.

posted by  StiMan

obviously
but still those are impressive numbers
i was geting new speakers in mine today
and the guy said they are good tuners
but unreliable tuners
so far i havent had propblems with mine
i only drive like100 miles a week
so no threat for me

posted by  6000LE

20 bucks says that neon is running 3 digits of boost.

Now throw them on a track and see what happens :mrgreen:

posted by  Godlaus

Which is exactly what the '06 Civic Si is to the '06 Civic EX. At least Honda can identify when a car is still the same car just modified.

Thats true.

posted by  StiMan

Your Message