Eclipse years

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Eclipse years

What year do you think was the best for the eclipse that was in the 90's?

posted by  junkinthetrunk

1992 model year AWD built before April? (I'm not positive it was April, it could have been June or July) 1992. They have the ideal combination of the 6-bolt engine and the 4-bolt rear differential.

posted by  Bino

Definatley the 90-94 GSX/AWD TSi. Wonderful cars that can be made fast for cheap and weigh less than the "Cuter" 95-99 version. Plus had less problems.

posted by  thunderbird1100

97-99 were the best years in my opinion. Didn't really have that many problems and a better looking front. Plus 99 was the final year that they made a turbocharged eclipse.

posted by  Spanky2324

I agree with Bino. I can tell you from experience the 92 cars are great. The 6-4 combo was a great set up. It might not be as good looking, but from performance and handling wise it was a great Eclipse.

posted by  Masuk

posted by  Oomba

i personally think it's the 99 because it looks better and i drove one today and i really like it. I also think that most people think that the 95-99 eclipses break down once they hit 100k but thats not true. I have seen a lot of eclipses over 100k with no problems. The ones that do break down the most are the RS and the GS.

posted by  V-Tec

'97-'99 look exactly the same. '98-'99 Eclipses were available with a black leather interior. Other than that those three years are identicle.

posted by  Bino

Your Message