new car

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  new car

im gettin a new car soon, and i want either a 99 eclipse gst-gsx, or a 96 3000gt, wich one is faster?

posted by  Guns_10

3000 gt

posted by  jdubya

Get both of em :drool: but the 3000gt is faster but has more problems than the eclipse does.

posted by  Spanky2324

I'd get neither, for the price you could do better, like a 300ZXTT. But if I HAD to choose, I'd get the GSX simply because the VR4 weighs too much and isnt very sporty IMO.

posted by  thunderbird1100

The thing looks like an old ferrari, how isnt it sporty?

posted by  Oomba

I never knew looks constituted performance :screwy: '

Is Oomba turning into a ricer?

Sure, the 3000GT is a good looker (well, at least the 2g model is), but the PERFORMANCE isnt up to its competition and well, looks.

What do you want in a car, for my needs, I'd get the 3000GT :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

It looks sporty, and I never hear anyone complaining about 320 hp.

posted by  Oomba

the 3000gt im looking at is not a vr4, its just a stock 96 3kgt, and im looking for a fast reliable car

posted by  Guns_10

Well if its not a VR4, then the GSX of course.

posted by  nsupra27

I hear a lot of people complain about its 3800lb curb weight for the coupe, nearly 4100lb curb weight for the convertible. Me being one of them.

Oh if it's not a VR4 then definatley dont bother...the GSX is ten fold better than a FWD N/A 3000GT.

The Spyder only weighs 100lbs more than the coupe version. Its still a great looking car making good power.

posted by  Oomba

sorry, actually the 3kgt is a vr4, and the eclipse is a 98 gsx.. whats the top speed of both of them? and wich one do you think looks better?

and if the 3kgt is faster, how much would i have to put into the gsx to make it just as fast if not faster?

posted by  Guns_10

personally i like the gsx more and it's not like it's a slow car cause it's not. The look i like the eclipse more,( one of my favorite looks for any car) performance VR4 is better but it also weighs around 600-700 pounds more. The eclipse would get higher mpg. If they are same price with same miles i would get the VR4, i am pretty sure that you wont find a Vr4 for the same price as the gsx. GSX should definatelly be cheaper.

posted by  V-Tec

Damn you're lazy, just go to Edmunds or type in the question you want in google

posted by  99integra

Top speed isnt important, since theyre both limited by a governor. I'd get the VR4, because it looks better and is faster.

posted by  Oomba

the eclipse is a piece of shit, i had to replace the whole engine for 7 grand a few years back. i dont know how much more reliable the 3000 is... dont get an eclipse.

posted by  MaxC

A bit late for that now...

posted by  chris_knows

not quite sure how top-speed is the deciding factor in getting a car. get the car you like more, and then make it do what you want it to do. basically all cars can go fast if you want them to.

thats what i sez...

posted by  enron fever

Your Message