S14 engine swapping

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  S14 engine swapping

I have a 95 240sx base model with an auto in it :( (4-lug, no fog lights, fin, anything good...) anyways what engine would you guys put into teh car? and why..
Also, can you put in a RB26DETT engine in it with awd? if it came with the front clip?
Thanks

posted by  cnalven

SR20DET. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I'd go with the SR20Det. Swapping a car to AWD is a very expensive and time costing job. You have to change everything in the drivetrain to get it to work. Not too mention the fabrication.

posted by  Oomba

i know of a guy in canberra that swapped an RB25DET into their S14, costed $8000 for the engine, box and work, although, he did get quite a large discount due to his uncle owning the shop that the work was done at.

i think he crashed it or twisted the chassis cause he had to strengthen it heavily.

same thing goes with my new car, i want to put a BPT in it (1.8ltr dohc turbo, intercooled, efi) but i can't, cause the chassis can't handle the power of it let alone the straight that a bigger engine will be putting upon the whole vehicle when it was only designed for a 1.5ltr sohc.

posted by  HyundaGuy

ok i basicly knew that everyone was going to say sr20det engine but the front clip comes with the awd tranny and the front wheel bs, also i talked to a guy locally that has a rb25dett in his s14...and he said it didnt cost too much.

posted by  cnalven

if you want more power im sure there are cheaper ways to get it
Turbo kit. replace pistons. If you are willing to spend money on a new engine why not put it somewhere else with aftermarket stuff. it will make your car faster than most engines you can stick in there anyway.
and its RWD so its good for drifting and such
whats FIN?
only tihng i suggest. stick a manual trans in there
your engine is beautiful do some work on it dont throw it away

posted by  6000LE

I think by fin he means rear spoiler

posted by  Oomba

By 'fin' i meant spoiler
that why i would do a swap an engine with 35k on it cost 1500 and a turbo kit cost 3000 plus i gotta put a manual in too....

posted by  cnalven

well you can always get the non ricey ones
not the big alluminum CF ones but the nice fiberglass painted ones
gives your car a nice touch but not tacky

NOT GOOD (http://www.jeffljackson.com/archives/spoiler%20cut.JPG)

GOOD (http://www.in-site.co.nz/toptown/links/objects/vttalon-3.jpg)
... :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

NO i love the rice effect.... hell no just what i told my father he said samething. i like the low profile cf ones but trust me i WILL NOT RICER THIS CAR OUT!!! i will get a cf hood adn trunk lid BUT im going to color match them to my car...

posted by  cnalven

also, how much would it cost just to swap a new manual tranny into the car?

posted by  cnalven

depends how many miles on it
remember its a difficult job
bceause a new trans
new computer module
install a new pedal

but to answer you
my mechanic said it would be around 2000 for my neon
im guessing that yours might be more becuase your car is better and its an import so the parts are more
just ask around your local shops
and try to find one that does custom work

posted by  6000LE

hey dont diss the neon its not its fault you think its crap...its dodges :banghead:
Well, about the manual tranny i forgot about an estemate i got from CFT for $3000 for a manual swap adn at least 350whp... but i dont know if that includes a tranny.

posted by  cnalven

you can put an rb26 in there...you just need the rb25 tranny from a rear wheel drive skyline, oil pan and a few other misc. items

posted by  black_plague

no clue what you said

posted by  6000LE

Well everyone calls it a POS so i just decided to follow along not saying its good because people will start a flame war. I like it tho. Just saying that parts for import cars cost more.

posted by  6000LE

just ignore him.... it doesnt help me in any way...

posted by  cnalven

lol
yea but let me ask
why the 4 to 5 lug conversion
i mean what benefit is it going to give you
no performance
and no look
just a hassle. you can get the same rims in 4 and 5 lug configurations im sure of that. so basically by doing this you will just have a stupid bragging right like "i got a 5 lug 240SX" and youll toss away lots of money for absolutely nothing.

posted by  6000LE

i wanted to gwet rims at least 7in wide i havent seen many with that wide
Who sells them?
thx

posted by  cnalven

try www.tirerack.com
also ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-X-9-Sport-Max-Nissan-240SX-S13-S14-Rims-S ilvia-Wheel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQitemZ8003306107QQrdZ1QQsspage nameZWDVW
that one is for ur car, and is 9 inches wide
17x9 to be exact

posted by  6000LE

The rb26dett engine swap is much more than an rb25 tranny, an oil pan, and a few other things.

you are going to need to either pay out the ass for a custom exhuast manifold for your TT setup, or make your own because there is no way the stock RB26 manifold will get around the steering column.

go to: http://www.240sxforums.com
and go to the RB engine swap area after you become a member

posted by  shad0w

Your Message