Racing Seats

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Racing Seats

Greetings,

I'm considering putting in racing seats. They can be pretty cheap on ebay and I can generally install them myself with a friend. I know this is slightly (or very) ricey, so I'm looking for advice from open minded people. Does it look good? Should I go for it? Thanks

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Id do it man, it would make the car look alot better id think so ne ways

posted by  brewer_26

Actual race seats, or just so that they look like race seats?

Because the more extreme ones give you barely any freedom to move, and are not very comfortable.

IMO go with semi-race seats with a 2 or 3" wall...

posted by  chris_knows

i should have never gotten you into the car enthusiast front
you frighten me

posted by  6000LE

At least I don't go on here, countlessly brag about fake bullshit. How's that neon, Alex? Still 200hp? lol :laughing:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

you know those white panels?
well i think im at 250
lol
very funny jerkass, il remember this when u need advice on something

posted by  6000LE

On a similar subject, how much does a paint job cost? A few people told me that my car could definetely use one. I heard different opinions though ranging from mid 100's into the thousands and I was just wondering about how much it will cost (regular paint that lasts). Thanks

posted by  Nissan_Altima

uh oh never get maaco
what color do you want? If i redo my car I wana get electric blue

posted by  6000LE

yea, paint jobs can range from $150 (maaco i bet) to above $1,000. its hard to get a good price on a good job. try finding a friend or a friends friend or a friends father (etc.) to get the job done. else, u will have to spend some cash (unfortunately).

posted by  Inygknok

Not sure yet, just looking around for prices and such. People already told me that maaco chips in like no time. However, a paintjob will require taking apart half the car, painting it, and then putting it back togeher (exaggeration of course, but still). That's bound to be some cash.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Honestly, unless you really plan to do some racing, I wouldn't bother. They generally are much less comfortable that your stock seats, and won't look quite right IMO.

posted by  hondaman

to ricey IMO, but its up to you

posted by  glagon1979

if u want a job done proffesionally and paint that last it would prob cost you around 1500-2000. I mean if u wanna go to Maaco and spend 500 for paint that comes off be my guest. But paint is pretty expensive u need like 3 gallons of paint to paint a car. quality paint costs from 300-500 a gallon so as u can see just in paint you are going over 1k. Then you also have to pay for labor.

posted by  V-Tec

and personally i like racing seats a lot. They look sweet and the new one are comfortable.

posted by  V-Tec

Thanks for your help, last question. Don't want to post whore by starting a new thread. Another idea is do at least some work under the hood. Would starting with wires and plugs be a good idea? I can get some off ebay and they're easily installed. Or should I save up for a new tranny? (car has 110,000 miles, gotta break down eventually)

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Go with the tranny.

I'm pretty sure that wires and spark plugs would not give any power gains...if it ain't broke, don't fix it :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

You have a nissan..the tranny should be good for a good while if properly maintained. Is it shifting hard or taking a few secs to go into reverse or gear? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Spend your money on an intake, cat-back, and headers. :thumbs:

Edit: I def spelled nissan wrong lol :laughing:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

No major problem yet. Every time it switches gears there is a slight jolt. It can be slightly felt so it must be starting to break down, but I've seen many old cars that are so much worse and it's not a major problem anyway. I'm probably going to start with a CAI now.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Would this do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOMZ-93-94-95-96-97-98-99-Nissan-Altima-Race -Air-Intake_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8004407185QQrdZ1QQsspage nameZWDVW

There is an injen for about 5 times that much. Is there a point to spend more?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I drove his car. When it gets to 4000 or 4500 RPM the tranny starts to grind really loud
other than that its fine
i would just changethe trans when it breaks
just my opinion

posted by  6000LE

Can we conclude that that's definetely the tranny? It doesn't always do it and although it seems like it is the tranny, I'd hate to make a false conclusion.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Your Message