Please Help: 2000 Eclipse

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Please Help: 2000 Eclipse

I am having the weirdest problem with my '00 eclipse V6.

If I'm stopped at a red light (for example), the engine will normally be at 700 rpm, or there abouts - then it will suddenly dip to 200 or something, then back up. It has only started doing this, and it has only completely cut out once. Hitting the gas when it's down will bring it back up, and it has NEVER cut out when I'm on the free way or going at moving. When moving, the revs seem to be steady.

I just got it back from the garage today, and they charge me $1000 to replace the timing belt and a few other things, none of which solved the problem - although now my radio says "code" and doesn't do a god dame thing.

I feel like I've been ripped off so bad and I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on what might be the problem, since the mechanics that worked on this obviously had no clue. Fuel filter? Injector?

Please help!!!!!!!

posted by  EJWood

Why don't you try INtroducing yourself first then maybesome one will help you.It's not that hard to read Directions: INTRODUCE YOURSELF FIRST :banghead:

posted by  V-Tec

You're stupid.

posted by  Oomba

Wtf? whats you problem

posted by  V-Tec

Not just you, everyone on this board gets jumped on for asking a question. Who cares if they introduce themselves? Its just wasting a thread.

posted by  Oomba

it's not about the the person intoducing himself but its about reading directions. I believe when u register it tells you intorduce yourself first and if the person doesn't follow those directions why should he get helped?

posted by  V-Tec

Technically I don't care anymore, I was a paranoid little bastard a couple of months ago

posted by  99integra

Your Message