Prelude

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Prelude

As most of u know through my previous posts i am looking for a car. Today i test drove this 99 prelude and evrything seemed ok. Now me an the seller agreed that since half the cars don't actually sell on ebay even if there is a winning bid, meaning that the bidders dont show up or pay. Now because of that we both agreed that if i want it he will give it for 6k since that process is a lot easier and he won't have to pay ebay fees. Now this car has a rubuild title but it drives perfectly and has passed all inspection after the accident. The only problem is that when you turn really hard like when u turn in circles you hear this noise and also if you turn all the way to the right and then all the way to the right the tire on the driver side turns more than the passenger side. Now the owner tell me the car was hit in th eright front so i am thinking maybe when the front axle or whatever is there was fixed it was fixed that great since now the tires don't turn even. Now when the wheel is centered the wheel are straight and when you are driving and will let go of the wheel it goes staright like it's supposed to. I know it's not a big deal that it turns by like 1-2inches more on the driver side than the passenger side but maybe some of you know more about this and tell me if this is a serious problem. For those who have no clue what i am talking about i will say it in a sipler way.
when i turn the wheel all th eway to the right the gap between the tire and th efender is like 5 inches lets say but when i turn it all the way to the left the gap is like 3 inches.
Anyway take a look at the car. and tell me what u think about that problem and if u think this is a good buy for 6k
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4579051985

posted by  V-Tec

ohh yeah and plese don't say it's good but it would be better if it was manual because for me it wouldn't. I live in Chicago where there is traffic everyday and where it snows really hard in the winter so since i don't have too much driving experience i don't think i should have a manual because that would make it a pain in the ass for me. Traffic every day and tons of snow in the winter...not great conditions for manual especially for a 16 year old with not too much driving experience.

posted by  V-Tec

my car is about the same way...i think. when my wheel is straight the left one is strait but the right one turns to the right more when it is supposed to be strait out. I found out that for my car it is the right spindle and the outer tie rod end. If that helps you at all.

posted by  brewer_26

so does it drive ok and everything or is it a must for repairing?

posted by  V-Tec

for me its a must cuz its so bad...urs doesnt sound too bad to me tho

posted by  brewer_26

do u know how much that costs?

posted by  V-Tec

i have a 96 neon and the spindle is 40 and the outer tie rod end is 35...and if u know what ur doing with cars u can do it ur self.

posted by  brewer_26

ohh ok so it's nothing too expensive or complicated I was fearing it woudl cost like 1000 or something

posted by  V-Tec

well that is if im right about it...it sounds as if i am, and no its not hard to do urself...but i would keep asking around tho

posted by  brewer_26

anyone else know anything about this?
what u guy sthink about the car
ps how did your car get this problem

posted by  V-Tec

Your Message