aftermarket steering wheels

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  aftermarket steering wheels

i was looking around at some car parts and i came up on aftermarket steering wheels. The thing that i am wondering about is where does the airbag go. By the looks of it it wouldn't be big enough for the air bag to come out. And no i am not thinking of getting one so don't call me rice.

posted by  V-Tec

You'll probably have to junk the airbag.

posted by  fudge

Airbags are non-existant on those aftermarket steering wheels :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

That's the problem with those. Airbags don't go in them which means insurance goes up...

posted by  Nissan_Altima

well yeah it's not about the insurance though it's about safety if i get into an accident i don't wanna bust me head open by smacking my head on that wheel. They should make em with space for airbag.

posted by  V-Tec

Or how about re-trimming your original steering wheel instead?

If people in Motorsport make do without airbags I'm sure you won't be in so much risk without one. If you're that concerned with smashing your face then you should wear those new safety devices where a helmet is attached to the seat to prevent whiplash. Also a 4 point harness is good for track driving.

posted by  fudge

Well i am just saying that most people who have them they don't wear head restraints lol. And why would i wear a helmet. I mean 4-point harness is good but that only stops your body you head will still move. I mean it probably wont move enough for you to smash your face into the steereing wheel but still. I just brought thi sup cause i see a lot of cars for sale that have those and everything else is regular. Like plenty have the steering wheels but they have reg seatbelts and stuff like that.

posted by  V-Tec

Your Message