2006 Honda Civic Coupe

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2006 Honda Civic Coupe

Hey, i have recently decided that I am probably going to purchase a 2006 civic coupe within the next few weeks after picking it over the 2006 Galant. I decided Mitsubishi was not the way to go since hearing they were going down as a company and may file for bankruptcy soon. Anyway, the question is, after asking around, some people have told me that the 06 civic coupe is sort of a "girly" car. However, many others disagree. If i were to get it, i would get it in black. But still, what do you all think? is this true?

posted by  SmartOne

first of all introduce yourself but i personally think the new civic's look nice and who cares what other people think if it's a chick car or not the point is you like it and you will be driving it not everyone else :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

i'm sorry, my name is Mike, and i'm 21 yrs old.

i know it will be ME driving it. but i was just wondering what you guys think

posted by  SmartOne

I think it's an excellent car (I've actually drive an 06 EX coupe w/o navi). Definatley go for it. I'm sure like all other civics the aftermarket will explode too.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I agree, i give it 3 months max...

posted by  C c C

what exactly does "aftermarket will explode" mean?

posted by  SmartOne

Mitsu isnt going anywhere. Chrysler uses their shit too much.

posted by  Oomba

The aftermarket will get huge for it very quickly. Very good thing.

OK, thanks for the advice guys, but heres two photos of the car. Just tell me what you think after looking at them....

http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/www.autobytel.com/images/2006/Hond a/CivicCoupe/500/2006_Honda_CivicCoupe_exrrpass.jpg

http://a904.g.akamai.net/7/904/506/v0011/www.autobytel.com/images/2006/Hond a/CivicCoupe/500/2006_Honda_CivicCoupe_exdrvrside.jpg

posted by  SmartOne

Definatley better looking than the previous gen.

Yes i know, thats why i love them.

But can you see a 21 year old GUY driving one? (in black)

posted by  SmartOne

I see plenty of guys driving around Civics, just as many as girls. So yeah, I can easily see it.

Are you talking about the Coupe thunderBird?

posted by  SmartOne

Yes, I am.

It all depends on how long you are going to keep it. Do u really wanna be 30 and driving a civic? Plus, like the gen 7's they have an integrated cylinder head and exhaust manifold which make it more difficult to get solid bolt-on power. If you've looked under the hood of one you know how small the engine bay is. Engine swaps. turbo upgrades, cai's are all going to be near impossible to install -- if u wanna Civic -- go SI :thumbs:

posted by  hawgs74

I like the new civics. I think if you like it you should buy it

posted by  bigdaveangell

i love how since they started making the tail lights different honda has always made the coupes look so much better and sedans look like shit. I think the new 06 accord is the first tail lights i like from a sedan. The coupes always seem to look more agressive. :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Personally, from a chicks point of view, I wouldn't get it if I were you. Not just saying this because I hate hondas but there is no way I would look twice at a 21 year old guy in this car.

posted by  suckaformuscle

I like the new civic personally. Very refined inside. Not dollar-store material compared to the 97 my mom had. Of course the 05 civic is nice too, but not as nice as the 06. I see them quite a lot now. If its what you really want, then no number of people you have never met on some forum should change your mind. IMO :2cents:

posted by  6000LE

I have a feeling that perspective comes from a closed mind.

posted by  hondaman

One that is most likely high-maintenance. :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

No, not a closed mind. A very open one. I tend to find that Hondas are around too much. Everybody either has one or wants one. Personally I like to stick out. Be driving to car that no one knows. That is why I am in to rebuilding my own car. Make some changes on the body put together an engine that no one would have ever guessed. One that would blow you at the light.

Think what you will but would you consider a female going into mechanics high maintenance. As of right now I work in construction. Not a place where you can even think to worry about your hair and nails. The more the work, the better the job. The only place I am high maintenance is my vehicles, that is where I have high standards.

well spoken! i like people like u.... :mrgreen:

posted by  behind_thewheel

I understand that need to be different and not drive an "off the rack" car (trust me, I know about owning cars that are different). BUT, using what others do or don't to judge the worth of a car is still a bit closed minded. You can still like them, and understand that they are good cars, and still prefer something else.

It was the way you worded that statement. You did come across as judgemental and high maintenance...

posted by  ChrisV

I can see that perspective, and ChrisV pretty much summed up any points I have on that...

Although around here, popular vehicles are big trucks and SUV's, so in a sense my Honda does stick out. :laughing:

You're right, most likely you would slaughter me at a drag race. But I would be willing to play the odds against you on a road course. :2cents:

posted by  hondaman

Would you consider a Civic Si or S2000 as "Everyone has one". I understand a TON of poeple have Accords (nearly 400k sold a year) as well as Civics (the non Si's). But Honda DOES have low volume vehicles like the Si and S2000 ( I think they sell less than 3000 S2000's a year, when it was at its peak). Also the Integra Type-R, they sold only a few thousand of those as well.

Don't go all faggot on us now

posted by  99integra

Its not bad, but theirs better out there. I agree, Civics are getting pretty "been there, seen that" this past 10 years.

posted by  PontiacFan27

very good point

posted by  SmartOne

Your Message