240 > eclipse

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  240 > eclipse

Is a 1995 240 better than an 1996 Eclipse? i wanna race but i dont want to get smoked... his is stock adn not the turbo version, mine has an intake (not in the pic) and a tuned ecu.

posted by  cnalven

Which 1996 Eclipse is it? If I am correct, they come with 2 possible engines: 2.0L inline 4 and 2.4L inline 4. Also, which transmission? I think there's the 4 speed automatic and 5 speed manual.

The 1995 240 comes only with the 2.4L engine, if I'm correct and with the same 2 possible transmissions. Overall, I'd say it's pretty even but my personal preference is that a 240 will take it. :2cents:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

It may be able to beat an Eclipse GS, but there is no way in hell it could beat a GST or GSX.

posted by  nsupra27

You should be able to walk a GS or RS. Either one will probably break its tranny or shut down before the race is over anyways.

posted by  thunderbird1100

So youve got the 240SX right? What model is the guys Eclipse? Youll be able to beat a GS, RS, or GT, but not a GST or GSX.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Depends on the cars, but you definately won't get smoked...you're odds are pretty even...We are talking about a drag race, right?

posted by  chris_knows

I believe the GT started to come out in 00. There were only 4 in 95-99. GS RS GST GSX

posted by  V-Tec

his is a RS and is driven hard everyday, he doesnt shift at the right rpms etc..
ya its a drag race too bad he cant drift :mrgreen:

posted by  cnalven

I say you're owning him...keep us posted on what happens :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Youll smoke him.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Yeah, youre right. :doh: Nevermind the GT then :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

definatly 240 will win. rwd and more torque+hp.

posted by  silvia_star

Stock for stock, you should walk him quite easily.

So, when are you doing the SR20DET swap? :wink2:

posted by  dontmatr

Umm....I'm not going to swap it.. for less than the engine i can have 350whp + full manual swap installed...$3000
Also, my KA only has 70k on it :smoke:

posted by  cnalven

you got that guy beat.......but if you did have the money for a sr20 would you do the swap?

posted by  skyline7042

I have a 99 eclipse rs auto and I would say youll mop the dude especially since he rags his rs go get him... :thumbs:

posted by  widget

Why? i donno if it doesnt have over 100000miles i would think about it... or if some one was giving it away but i rather spend it on a moter that i know is in perfect condition..

posted by  cnalven

So did you guys race?

posted by  chris_knows

Well, ya after school with some friends...on a nice long and straight bridge, i won because well 240's are better than eclipses. even if mine is an auto it still destroyed his. (after i took overdrive off)
After that i went to pick my bro. up from the court house, lol

posted by  cnalven

Was it for money?
Why was your brother at the courthouse?

BTW Congratulations :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

wow i am glad you won because if you didnt that would be a disgrace......im suprised you even wanted to race an rs......but you need soem boost on that ka asap

posted by  black_plague

Ya its was for $50 :wink2: good nights dinner for my girlfriend and me..
my bro is a shreiff, his squad car broke down it teh parking lot...

posted by  cnalven

it was just a ? if i had i 240 and i had the chance to put in a sr20 i wouldnt do it

posted by  skyline7042

What is teh '?' sopost to be?

never mind i got it...

posted by  cnalven

if i had a 240, first thing i'd do is an RB25DET from a ER34... **** the sr20..

anyway, congrats on the win, you said earlier that it's a shame that he can't drift... how the hell do you drift with an automatic?

posted by  HyundaGuy

Why an RB25DET, it weighs a lot more than the SR20DET and the SR20DET can handle just as much power and is much easier to find parts for. Not to mention the RB costs almost twice as much as an S13 SR20DET.

one phrase 'E-Brake' (or word i guess)also need to take overdrive off, other than that about teh same as a manual, also i keep it in first. i dont really care if i destory the tranny im getting a manual installed when ever i have teh time...

posted by  cnalven

First off the rb is a v-6 so you can get way more hp + torque with less modding, also, its rare to find a 240 with that engine so your not just one of teh 1000's of sr20 guys..

posted by  cnalven

The RB25DET is not a V6. It's a Inline 6 that came out of the R33 and R34 GTS-T. You can get more per mod but where are you going to find parts CHEAP for it? You aren't going to be able too here. You can find SR20DET parts galore here, and for cheap. Not to mention again, the SR20DET costs half as much as a RB25DET. People who do RB25DET swaps into 240's are just wasting money IMO.

i thought 240's had drums on the back and disc's on the front? also, how the **** do you keep it smoking, it's hard enough doing it in 2nd in a manual doing a clutch kick to keep it sideways, let alone in an automatic without a clutch or a diff lock.

it's not as easy to drift auto as it is manual, i suggest you blow that box and get another :D

posted by  HyundaGuy

here in adelaide, rb parts are just as easy, if not easier to find then sr parts, also, rb's are stronger motors with thicker cylinder walls so they can be bored to extreme lengths.

an rb25det is just all round better then an sr20det, the rb25det isn't that much heavier then an sr20det or that much more expensive...

that's in adelaide anyway...

posted by  HyundaGuy

Up to 400hp I'd stick with the SR20, it's a shorter motor so the balance is better.

posted by  fudge

In the U.S. you can get complete SR20DET's w/ tranny for under $1400. The cheapest I've been able to find a RB25DET is $2500. The RB25DET DOES weigh a lot more than the SR20DET.

The original KA24DE motor we get here in our 240SX's (the later models) weighs 540lbs while the RB25DET motor weighs 720lbs. That's ANOTHER 180lbs over stock all up front (Really messing up weight distribution). The SR20DET motor weighs in at no more than 440lbs. You're talking about nearly a 280lb GAIN in weight going with the RB25DET over the SR20DET and that's all up front.

they both suck ass and thats why you are going tho get smoked bitch :fu: :fu:

posted by  Vic Man

Wow, what an inspiring comment.

posted by  hondaman

Oomba's BACK! :laughing:

it would appear that way... mods? is he?

posted by  dodger65

Thats not Oomba.

posted by  nsupra27

ok well first of all what kind of car do you have? and second of all a 240sx with an rb engine in it would smoke the shit out of you so dont talk shit unless you no what you are talking about got it :fu:

posted by  skyline7042

Just shut the hell up the both of you :banghead:

posted by  99integra

and who the hell are you to sit around and start in with your bullshit no 1 said anything to you so shut the **** up :fu:

posted by  skyline7042

Now now nooblet, im just trying to difuse this situation

posted by  99integra

he meant "defuse" the situation... :oops:

posted by  dodger65

Shut up :doh:

posted by  99integra

alrite well sorry but i hate it when people do that shit my appologies

posted by  skyline7042

Trust me I used to get into stupid shit like you did just now but now i try to stop it :ohcrap:

posted by  99integra

hey ur only like 15 huh?

posted by  skyline7042

I was talkin about on the forum you stupid cunt

posted by  99integra

hey dont talk shit u little bitch i was just asking u a god damn ? so shut ur ****ing mouth

posted by  skyline7042

Ooooh so fiesty, now riddle me this peanut, why not speak in a coherent and fashionable manner eh?

posted by  99integra

quit trying to act all smart and shit u little fag

posted by  skyline7042

Quit tryin? Hell I talk like this every time I want someone to think, and apparently you aren't doing a very good job at it

posted by  99integra

im not going to waste my time thinking about nething for ur bitch ass

posted by  skyline7042

Ooh bad choice, because of the two of us, I seem to be the only one speaking in a refined manner and unlike you, making some sense. Now there is no need for such language, and its spelled *nothing and *your

posted by  99integra

oh but actually it would be anything, not nothing idiot i was using nething so i wouldnt have to spell out anything because im lazy.....dumbass

posted by  skyline7042

Actually peanut it wouldn't make sense to spell nothing "nething" because it is just one letter you missed

posted by  99integra

Did you not comprehend Steven? He's lazy. That one more letter could be the difference between having arthritis or not.

posted by  torinoman80

Back on topic peanut talking guy and young one! :banghead:

Acutally that was a cute but ignorant comment. :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

so on the forum you're older?

posted by  Inygknok

Wow, that was an interesting thing I said :screwy:

posted by  99integra

Indeed.

posted by  Inygknok

LMAO, wow this thread has gone to shit.... anyways no 240sx have 4-wheel disks w/o abs :) also, once you get it side ways its not that hard to keep it there. LSD? no i just put in some super thick diff fluid it works temp, til i get som stuff done...

posted by  cnalven

These threads always seem to......

posted by  99integra

lol, its still funny

posted by  cnalven

ur dumb listen to this ok. "i am not going to waste my time doing nothing for ur bitch ass".
or i am not going to waste my time doing nething for ur bitch ass." and it would be you're because i was talking about u, not your. idiot

posted by  skyline7042

Wow...If I understand this, you are trying to say "I am not going to waste my time doing nothing for your b*tch *ss."

So you think it should be "you're" as in "you are"...I can't see how that would make sense :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If you could not process that, I'm saying that "your" was the right spelling :thumbs: :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

Holy shit, will someone lock this thread to stop the chaos? This thread has gone beyond off topic, and I think he got enough opinions on what is better in the first couple of pages.

posted by  nsupra27

And he won the race :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Will the mods just ban this jackass? He starts shit for no apparent reason. He's probaly going to attempt to flame me after this post with his incoherent internet lingo. Are you crippled? or physically disabled? Type properly you stupid shit.

And, oh yeah Cnalven, congrats on winning.

posted by  aerith

Your Message