integra

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  integra

some of u know i am looking for a car and i found this integra. Now it has diff engine and when i called the guy i asked him what kind it it and he said it and LR angine or something. I have no clue wtf that is so am looking for some info on that. Now there is a chance that i misheard the second letter but i am 95% sure i didn't lol. Maybe some of you guys can figure out what kind it is.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=190773206&dealer_id=57040839&c ar_year=1995&model=INTEG&bkms=1129423296868&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=1995&c ertified=&search_type=both&distance=25&make=ACURA&min_price=1&address=60035 &advanced=&end_year=1996&max_price=6000&cardist=16#vdptop

posted by  V-Tec

That engine looks 100% stock...all appearance mods. Id be careful...$5900 for a acura integra with 78000 miles? Thats a really low price. Make sure to have a mechanic look at it.

As for the engine i dunno integra engines so im no help there

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Here is the thing he might have said reg LS engine but he changed it. Now the engine has 78k on it the car has 105k. Even with almost 80k miles that not too low of a price since it's a 95. My only concern is the accuracy of the mileage.

posted by  V-Tec

Theres a blow off valve and look closely, there is also a wastegate, learn some more about it but that definitely looks like a turboed engine, unless the person just likes the looks of fake BOVs and wastegates lol.

posted by  Accord_Man

Uhh yeah there is a turbo in it but he is not including that in the sale. He is taking the turbo off.

posted by  V-Tec

Thats good, don't wanna be paying for premium now do we :wink2:
Plus you can get in trouble with a turboed Teg, they's fast bitches

posted by  99integra

I wouldn't pay $5,900 unless the turbo came with it.

posted by  nsupra27

Integras are fast even without the turbo genious :screwy:

posted by  99integra

I hope your being sarcastic.

posted by  nsupra27

lets stop with the spam and get back to the original topic lol :clap:
also how do u guys like the look of the car? I like it i mean most of the body kits make cars look rice but this one i like

posted by  V-Tec

En serio

posted by  99integra

I think its a ground scraper, body kit I could do without, but all in all very nice car :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

GSR sure beats the hell out of any Probe ever :2cents:

posted by  thunderbird1100

First off, im talking about the Integra LS. And second, a GSR runs 15.5s, thats pretty much the same as a Probe GT, and slower then a 1st gen Probe GT. And the Probe has much more torque then it, and handles alot better then it.

posted by  nsupra27

Well since u wanna use the Probe GT and maybe even other generations than i or anyone could say TYPE R.

posted by  V-Tec

Ok, well the 97 Probe GT outruns the 01 Integra Type R around Nurburgring by 8 seconds.
And don't even get me started about the KLZE engine.

http://www.car-videos.com/performance/view.asp?ID1=211&ID2=67

posted by  nsupra27

Yes, it did, but it beat the probe in almost all of the other tests

posted by  99integra

You might want to be more specific next time instead of replying to a post that said "IntegraS" are fast w/o turbos and not saying anything specific. Otherwise everyone else will think you just said ALL integras are slow.

And if you see a GSR running mid 15s send him over my way and I'll give him a good slap in the face for running so damn slow. MY buddy ran extremely consistent 14.9s in his 94 GSR with 115k miles on it. He's not even the best driver in the world either, go figure. Damn analProbe owners.

I wouldn't trust that for one heartbeat. A lot of those performance figures are well, OFF. For two, they probably didnt test the ITR and Probe GT the same day (Even if those are REAL lap times) which means conditions were different. Everyone knows the ITR would SMOKE a Probe GT around any road course given pretty equal drivers. The ITR is not only faster but DEFINATLEY handles better than a PRobe GT. IF those are real nurburgring lap time the ITR was probably tested after a rainy day, while the Probe GT not (And yes they do test cars in the wet there, seen it before). BTW - I've just confirmed that site is FULL of SHIT because they say a 2000 S2000 is ONLY a second quicker around the gring than a 97 analPRobe GT...What a load of CRAP.

240hp, 2700lb one of the best handling RWD's on the road is only a second quicker than a 165hp, 2900lb sloppy FWD around the gring? What a load of shit.

Tell us oh probeone, what's so damn special about the 2.5L V6 KLZE? That it puts out as much hp as a stock 1.8L I4 GSR motor that is only the second highest motor in that chain?

Heres another site

http://metawire.org/~nomel/car_times_quartermile.txt

that says it only runs mid 15s.

The Probe is widely regarded as one of the best handling cars, even to this day. Just because its not a Honda doesnt mean it cant handle you biased moron.

Of course, faced with hard facts and you call it bullshit. Maybe I'll call bullshit on all the hard evidence you present to me about how good a Honda is.

I'll tell you whats so special about it. If the Probe GT can beat a Type R with the KLDE, then it would beat the shit out of it with the ZE engine.

You people are idiots. Say opinions, and they arent valid. But show you guys hard facts and you say theyre bullshit. I'm beginning to think that you all are a bunch of 12 year olds.

posted by  Oomba

well i asked the guy about emmison tests and all and he said he has some papers but it wont pass the next the next emission test unless a cat converter is put on. He said he has a resonator on it now? What is a resonator and why wouldn't it pass emmisons with it. Yes i know that cat convreter helps eliminate the bad gasses and al but what does the resonator do to make it not pass emisions?

posted by  V-Tec

and seriously stop with the spam and flam i don't give a rats ass about a ****ing probe. So lets stop this argument cause i don't care!

posted by  V-Tec

Blame it on the people that started it. They cant handle that its a better car.

posted by  Oomba

well i tried when it started but it didn't stop. Also guess what Oomba you cant just say that Probe is better car and all cause then you have to compare the reliability which i am sure integra would own a probe in and you would have to look at every aspect of the car not just performance. Lets stop talking about a probe cause i dont care too much for them or ford. Someone wanna answer my cat converter and resonator question?

posted by  V-Tec

I can find sites that post times i nthe mid14s. The internet is usually never a credible source for anything. IT will probably remain that way. I KNOW what a GSR runs. I've seen my friend run his 94 GSR about 22 times down the 1/4 mile. Since when was the PROBE reguarded a great handling car and by WHOM? The probe was a low volume car that had poor sales and wasn't reguarded by anyone other than a flop (Since Ford intended it to replace the Mustang orignally). That site is not credibile. It's inane to believe a site that says an S2000 is only a second quicker around the nurburgring than a shitty 97 Probe GT. These times were obviouslly made up.

Anyone who thinks an S2000 is only a second quicker around the gring than a Probe is purely retarded to believe that nonsense. Hell an S2000 is over a SECOND and a HALF quicker in the 1/4 mile alone over a Probe GT.

Its a Mazda. Wanna take that back?

posted by  Oomba

WHAT? Since when is a Probe a MAZDA? :banghead:

posted by  V-Tec

Ford owns Mazda

posted by  99integra

okay u still dont think of a escape as a ford a probe a for u dont say ohh yeah did u see the new MAZAD Explorer. Or u don't say i just drove a sweet Ford Rx-7

posted by  V-Tec

Its because Mazda designed and built every part of the Probe.

It is a great handling car. Its sold really good when it first came out, but when the new Mustang came out it was more enticing. thunderbird, you have no idea what you're talking about as you show every post you make.

posted by  Oomba

well u said it's a mazda so retract that statement, it's not like mazda is my favorite company or anything

posted by  V-Tec

Mazda is japanese. You people automatically assume that since its japanese, its the best car ever built.

posted by  Oomba

I'd love it if you could find a specific incident where anyone said that.

posted by  hondaman

Here is a 6 page Motor Trend article about the Probe GT vs. Integra GS-R.
They say that they are both almost even with each other, and the Probe handles just alittle bit better, and thunderbird if you would look at the specs page and see that a stock GS-R runs 15.6s, your friend did not get 14.9 with a stock GS-R.
Also, a stock KLZE has 200hp, not 170 like a stock 1.8L I4 from a GS-R, and most people that swap KLZEs in run high 14s stock.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5998/probegtvsintegragsrmt1293p15hy.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9700/probegtvsintegragsrmt1293p26be.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/8284/probegtvsintegragsrmt1293p32ce.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/6560/probegtvsintegragsrmt1293p43gx.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/8571/probegtvsintegragsrmt1293p53ef.jpg
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5/probegtvsintegragsrmt1293p68nd.jpg

posted by  nsupra27

But weren't you eariler comparing the lower probe to the type-r? you just took a step backwards with the integra and a step forward with the probe. :clap:

The PROBE was originally intended to be THE replacement for the Mustang (After the foxbody). Ford decided it would be okay to go with a FWD sporty coupe. Of course the fan base thought this was an awful idea and the Probe never really amounted to anything but a "oh yeah, there goes on of those kinda heavy sporty fwd's Ford made". Ford decided to thankfully instead go with the design of the SN95 Stang. While Probe sales suffered...

Oomba it is YOU are the one who makes themselves look like a fool in every post posting "opinions" that are in fact false.

http://www.performanceprobe.com/text/info/history.htm

Ford decided to try it out because GM was planning a FWD replacement for the F-Body by 1990. Probe sales were great for the first motnh or two (like pretty much any new car) but they soon went to crap as soon as the new Mustang came out in late 1993. Matter fact the PRobe held the record for the least amount of a car sold in the Ford brand in 1996. Only selling 32,000 units. The Probe sort-of continued life out as what we know today as the 99+ Mercury Cougar...and we all know how well those sell and perform :sleep:

MAzda is hardly japanese anymore, seems like half their crap they put out has 20%+ of Ford parts in them now :sleep:

Congratulations on finding a magazine article. I know what a GSR can and cant do. Go to a Honda enthusist site and see the best times people have run in stock GSRs, they are in the 14.8s and 14.9s (if seeing nearly 22 runs in the 14.90s fro ma stock GSR by my own two eyes isnt enough proof for you then I guess you're just going to have to be SOL). Mid 15s is in fact quite slow for a stock GSR. You realize those magazines dont even powershift or run the cars THAT hard through the 1/4 mile right? They are definatley not the best times to go by. I was tihnking about the stock KL(whatever goes here). LEt's not even go into engine swaps... Because I'm still keeping the STOCK engine in the GSR/ITR.

You realize the Probe is a heavy car right? IT weighs OVER 2900lbs with the 2.5 V6 (164hp). The GS-R weighs only 2650lbs and has 6 more hp. The GS-R is a little quicker. I'd still like to see a lot more handling NUMBERS form each vehicle before deciding which car handles better. Real track times would be a good factor too (not some bogus nurburgring times).

First of all the 93 Probe weights 2815lbs, the newer ones put on some weight, and second, the KLZE is a stock engine in Japan, third, who cares if it has 6 more hp, the Probe also has 32 more ft-lbs torque, and finally, why is it you don't believe a magizine when they think the Probe handles very good, and is just alittle better then the GS-R. I bet if it was the other way around you would believe it even if you never even read it in anything, because if its a Honda it MUST be great. :screwy:

posted by  nsupra27

that car is a ricer, its automatic its got a bodykit and no turbo..., shouldve saved the money to covert to manu

posted by  Stem

First, Wow a whole less than 100lb difference. I used a 97 Probe GT (what we've been talking about this whole thread nearly) vs. a 97 GS-R to even it out. I dont think you want to use a 93 GS-R against a 93 Probe GT simply because that was the generation before the 94-01 Intera and weighs a bit less... which would even further prove my point.

Second, We aren't in japan. If we are in japan then the Integra gets more power too (GS-R was 178hp in japan). But we dont live there so who GIVES?

Third, Not only was I proving the GS-R weighed less but it has a slight power advantage, which makes the power/weight ratio even more in favor of the GS-R. Torque usually doesnt mean much when we're talking about FWD sport-compacts, it's high end hp that wins. IF you want to talk torque numbers then join a trucks thread.

Forth, I never fully believe magazines. Never have, never will. I've just been around Integras all my life and know what they can and can't do. If something contradicts that I know it's probably crap. I've only been in a Probe once and it wasn't a very great experience at all. Handling wise (from what I'VE experienced) the GS-R handled better.

Yeah your definitely an idiot. Missed the point of his statement completely. Then again that isn't a big surprise. :banghead:

posted by  Pythias

well actully the car has a some performance mods and it has A TURBO. See where the driver side headlight is missing? thats the because there is a turbo there. Now he isn't selling the car with turbo unless i put down 2k more. this car has more performance mods that visual. However since U cant see the mods u are entitled to say your opinion.

posted by  V-Tec

Torque is all that matters. Horsepower doesnt exist, its not a real number. You know how hp is found, even by dynos?

Torque x RPM / 5250

Thats ALL horsepower is. Its a meaningless number. Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races. Shelby said that. I think its in someone heres signature...

posted by  Oomba

No shit. Low end TORQUE is what truck buyers care about. HIGH END HORSEPOWER is what sports car buyers care about. Everyone knows hp is just a calculation of Torque (Work) times the rpms divided by 5252.

In the real world truck people care about high torque times even with low rpms while sports car people care about either about high torque late in the rpm field or enough torque but a lot of rpms to produce more high end HP. Either way, the easy thing to say is sports car people care about high end HP.

When was the last time you heard anyone talking about Formula 1 and how much "torque" those 3.0L V10's make? People rave about their High end HP because of the incredible amount of rpms they spin to make the high end torque into very high end hp.

Thanks for wasting all of our times with the elementary shit.

People who dont know any better think horsepower is what matters. It doesnt. The more torque you can make at any RPM is more power. Translating it to horsepower is useless.

posted by  Oomba

The whole point just went straight over your tiny head, how typical

Just a note that integra's, any model, were not designed to go fast in a straight line.

Now, with the whole torque/horsepower thing like Oomba said the basic equation is:

Horsepower = Torque x RPM

Now by looking at this equation we can see that to increase horsepower you either,

1. Increase the torque, as Oomba is saying.

2. Increase the RPM, as Thunderbird is trying to explain to Oomba.

So increase torque --> Increase horsepower, increase RPM --> increase horsepower.

This is a very general explaination but I hope you get the idea.

posted by  GreekWarrior

This might help, taken from the Torque thread:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I think Oomba is banned :confused:

posted by  fudge

I dunno...i didn't see anything bad in his last posts...he prob just made it say banned to be "cool" :smoke:

I dunno...his signature is gone, that happens to people who get banned...

Take a look at this too:
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?p=137734#post137734

Integra said that to Oomba...maybe he is gone?

posted by  hondaman

The little thing saying Banned under his name might be an indication. :laughing: Of course we will prolly have to deal with some oomba spawn's. :banghead:

posted by  Pythias

Why did he get banned?

posted by  nsupra27

You dipshits he isn't banned :banghead:

posted by  99integra

How did you come to that conclusion?

posted by  fudge

Because he was online a couple minutes ago

posted by  99integra

He's not now, maybe they stopped him from posting.

posted by  fudge

That just indicates that he came here...he could have been looking at his "You are banned from this forum" message.

posted by  hondaman

turbo or not i would buy the car.....me and my friends went looking for a car for me cause i sold my crx awhile ago and found a 2nd gen integra for 800 and is fast as hell i took it for a test drive and went 145 on the highway very nice

posted by  skyline7042

anyways, about the site being bullshit times is probably true, because the "theoretical top speed" of both the 5th gen prelude and 2000 civic Si is less than what I've done in both.

posted by  Vlad

Your Message