Guys Help me Out please on deciding my first car

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Guys Help me Out please on deciding my first car

Hey Guys,

First of all i would like to thank you all :mrgreen: for taking some time for stopping by my thread. See I am all confused on buying my first car. I was thinking of buying a new car something close to 25k and then i thought the coming years have real cool one coming up, so decided for a used one. I am always inclined towards the performance custom made cars. So i decided to go for a car priced under 10k and then thought to invest some 2 or 3 k on it so that i would come out with a pretty decent custom made car. Could you please help me out on deciding the car. I am looking for some acura and then i found they have only 160 Hp so is ti worth it and can i reach above 200 hp with my modification budget.I know this is kind of a stupid question but i am all confused :banghead: and i know on this site some of real people who are all into cars would help me out on this. I appreciate your time and consideration once again. :clap:

posted by  naughtynnn

IF you can raise your budget a few thousand you can find a good shape (90-93) 300ZXTT. IF you can't a fun car to mod would be to get a GS-R. Loads of aftermarket.

posted by  thunderbird1100

ohh you can easily raise the hp on the GSR by just slapping a turbo on it. However, what you could do it get a nice 97-01 Prelude that comes stock with around 200hp.

posted by  V-Tec

Screw Acuras, get an Evo.

posted by  Oomba

Too bad they dont have EVO's for under $10,000 here in States. :banghead:

READ,COMPREHEND,TYPE THEN SUBMIT. :clap:

He could get one for 25k though

posted by  Oomba

Yes, but I believe his point was he wanted to buy one and have money left over to work on it.

posted by  hondaman

Its an Evo, he could beat pretty much everything he ever came accross. :mrgreen:

posted by  Oomba

True. If he would be willing just to spend the money outright that would be the way to go. Or perhaps with a little looking, a used BMW M3?

posted by  hondaman

Well around $10k-15k you could get a nice 98-02 Pontiac Trans Am, with 300+ hp that runs 13s stock.
Or a 3000GT VR4, twin turbo AWD, with 320hp that also runs 13s stock.

Both cars within the price of $10k-15k

posted by  nsupra27

three words to gettin a 300zx twin turbo: yes, yes, yes. :thumbs:

- in fact you could cop a 96 if you wanted one; i'd definitly take this over a prelude or gs-r

- are you looking for somethin newer??

posted by  cL300zx

here in adelaide, you're not aloud to purchase a twin turbo car unless you pass the two things that stop you from it.

1. under 21 years of age

2. less then 4 years, legal driving experience.

kind of a put down to folks like me who have been driving since 13 and am now 17..... then again, i only had about a month of legal driving experience.

posted by  HyundaGuy

u serious man? I never knew you couldn't have twin turbo car if u are under 21 and less tham 4 years of driving experience. Does that mean stcok twin turbo? Or does it mean if u add a twin turbo also?

posted by  V-Tec

If that stuff about the twin turbo is true then i would say like 97-01 Prelude like i first suggested

posted by  V-Tec

Yes this is new to me too.

posted by  Pythias

amen bro

posted by  widget

hey there is nothing wrong with acuras ok but i will admit evos are very fast

posted by  skyline7042

screw u hillbillies, buy a Geo or a Yugo!

posted by  Inygknok

your calling us hillbillies and your over there talking about getting a damn geo your real bright buddy......not dumbass :fu:

posted by  skyline7042

You do know he's joking, right?

posted by  hondaman

nope i didnt no he was joking i take things very serious when it comes to cars and if people want to talk crap like calling people hillbilles when he doesnt even no the person well thats just gay. :fu:

posted by  skyline7042

Again, it was a joke...

Come on, how can anyone recommend a Yugo with a straight face? :laughing:

posted by  hondaman

im thinkin........ ferrari hahahahahahahahaha you poor honda people make me laugh

posted by  ferrariman666

I don't think that people who drive real, tangible cars that they actually can produce proof of owning are nearly as funny as those who drive exotics but yet can't come up with a single scrap of proof that they do so.

To borrow a word from 99integra, Have a nice day peanut. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

Guys that race them in Grassroots Motorsports.

Cheap liittle project cars that can have high powered Fiat drivetrains bolted in, and with a bit of spring shock and swaybar work, actually handle good. They are not much different than the VW Rabbit GTi in layout or potential.
Again, once you get out of the little world of "tuners" and domestic drag racers (or wannabe, elitest, Ferrari fans) you can have a ton of fun in ANYTHING with wheels and an engine.

posted by  ChrisV

Maybe so. I will say this for them, they are incredibly simple cars. If parts were readily available they would be a mechanic's friend.

posted by  hondaman

Over at Grassroots Motorsports Magazine, one of the regulars has a sig that says:

"Anybody with a pulse and eyesight can get excited looking at $250,000 supercars. It takes a special kind of gearhead to drool over a Festiva, Yugo, Omni or anything else made out of parts found in dumpsters and along the side of the interstate."

He's right.

http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7048

http://www.daveyugo.com/db5/00441/daveyugo.com/_uimages/Running.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

I must say that does make me chuckle to see a Yugo done that way, rarely have I ever seen one serve a purpose other than a suitable abode for the family pets to commune in.

They did a good job on it though, and I have no doubts as to it's capabilities. And that statement is true, I know someone who took an old golf cart and planted a Honda motorcycle engine in it (think it was a four cylinder, but not sure) and it was a monster.

posted by  hondaman

lol...dunno what looks cooler...the Yugo driving like that, Or the bloke behind the wheel :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

nah.. here's what I'd do.. get an Eclipse.. drop a GT VR4 motor in it (pretty sure that 21 yr age and 4 year driving is bullshit) ... and mod it from there...

posted by  Metzger

my mate bohn thong tryed to buy a twin turbo z32 and had troubles doing so, so his dad baught it for him and he couldn't register it under his name until he was 21.. only a couple months.. but still.

and yes, i'm fairly sure that if you register your car as a twin turbo then you will more then likely not be aloud to drive it.

posted by  HyundaGuy

if ihad the money i would but a 92 240sx and put an rb26dett engine in it and trick it out from there

posted by  skyline7042

If you don't even own a car, you shouldn't be talking, but wait wouldn't that offend the other respectable people who do not own a car but really respect them? Well, i better modify my statement then huh? If you are just a little jerk who can't respect cars, you don't have the right to put down Hondas. Lets see a 360 modena outlast a Honda Accord. I mean with daily driving, no constant maintainence, and no babying.

Oh by the way, you signature says "if you wanna race ill be waitin", well, you want to know something? Yes, i do want to race. C'mon, bring it, i want to race your "ferrari." And another thing, if you want us to believe you own a ferrari, at least pick a picture for your signature that doesn't say "www.familycar.com."

Holy crap, when the hell are the mods going to ban this asshole? Show me a picture of you standing in front of your "ferrari" with a sign that says "CF rocks" and i will believe you. If not, just shut up and sit down.

posted by  aerith

You guys in Australia have alot different driving rules then us here in the States. There is no such twin turbo rule here in the states.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I didn't think so... I also live in the states... :screwy:

posted by  Pythias

Hey finally i decided to go for a 06 ACURA RSX TYPE S as the used ones in acura are close to almost the new price. Do you think i am doing the right thing.

posted by  naughtynnn

It's a very nice car, if you're happy with it go for it!

Depends which state you live in.

posted by  Wally

I'd take it, definately a nice car :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Please Elaborate.

posted by  Pythias

I agree with Chris V, and also, who says you cant recommend a yugo- no, seriously find me a yugo baton rouge, and i would buy it from you in an instant, providing it is still in race prep. Mad car.

posted by  Ian C

You would honestly take an Accord over a Ferrari?

posted by  PontiacFan27

For some reason, I dont think that was his point...

That wasnt my point. I said a Ferrai is a very fragile car. You have to constantly take care and baby it. While the Accord will run for 15 years with just changing the oil regularly, belts, you know the normal maintainence. As for the ferrari; i would take it then sell it and then buy a 07 GT-R or 07/08 NSX.

posted by  aerith

Oh yes. If it makes you happy of course. I like the Acura TSX's...along with the rest of the Acura line. Nice choice. :)

posted by  hondaman

ferrari=horrible daily driver. Great for weekends though, but i would take an NSX and the extra cash any day.

posted by  Ian C

Your Message