2001 integra TUrbos!!! YAY!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2001 integra TUrbos!!! YAY!

As you all know if you read my last post i have bought an automatic integra 2001 with 28k. I have just bought a new gretty TURBO KIT! and its nice and shiNNY!! But now people are sayin that turbo sucks on auto and other say it rocks. What the **** is going on here?

Buick Grand National : Turbo automatic
Mitsubishi GSX : Turbo Automatic
some Nissan 300zx : Turbo Automatic
1987 Dodge shadow : Turbo Automatic

I have seen and driven in all of these and they ****ing rock so whatt he **** is worn with turbo in my car!?

posted by  HappyPuppy

Well its preferable on a manual, but if you use the car in daily driving and want a more peppy ride without having to shift back and forth then its the way to go. Personally I have no problems with it. Just depends if the tranny can handle it. Manual are usually made a little stronger.

posted by  6000LE

no it should be fine. I am looking for integras as yoiu know and the one i test drove had a turbo on it. I live in Chicago where there is tons of snow and traffic so i am looking for an automatic. So this integra was an LS with some performance upgrades and a turbo. The turbo was great so your should be great. Is it Gretty or Greddy?

posted by  V-Tec

Just like to say the 1990-1996 300ZXTT did not come in Automatic. All were 5spd manual. Dont know about the 84-89 300ZX turbo though.

posted by  thunderbird1100

There is no problem with having a turbo or a supercharger on an automatic.

posted by  hondaman

Yeah i have the turbo and everything but im not exactly sure how it operates. I just have it put in and thats it? Or do i have to add more parts so that my car can operate safely with it?

Also i hear that in manual everytime you shift the blow off valve kicks in will that be a problem for me?

posted by  HappyPuppy

I also figured it would be better in a auto because i wont get strain on the rear axel from the wheels breaking loose.

posted by  HappyPuppy

The Eclipse GSX was available as an automatic. The automatic versions are typically several thousand dollars cheaper than the manual transmission cars.

posted by  Bino

What type of transmission you have makes no difference on whether the turbo will work or not. It will work just as good on each. Like someone said though, in alot of cases the factory automatic that comes on cars cannot handle all the power running through it. Whereas in the 3rd gen Camaros, the manual couldnt handle the power from the higher end 350ci engine, so its not thats always the case.

posted by  PontiacFan27

If you want to run high boost you're going to need to rebuild the engine. You need to know how much PSI the turbo runs at, if its high it would be a good idea to set it lower with a boost controller.

The blow off valve doesnt necessarily only go off when you shift, its whenever the turbo is pushing more air into the engine then their should be, for example when the engine is disconnected from the clutch when you shift and the rpms plummet, or when you let off the gas in general. It doesnt make any difference whether its a manual or not.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Other way around. Automatics are more expensive.
For example, the automatic option on the 06' Eclipse is $900 more.

posted by  nsupra27

Depends on the car make and year... Surprisingly there ARE some manuals more expensive, eventhough an auto trans costs more. :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

It's not an automatic though, it's a Manumatic. Some manufacturers offer auto trannies for nothing more but some do charge a $500-$1000 premium.

What was even the point of saying that? All he was saying was that the Automatics aren't standard fare on most cars. Bringing up that its really a manumatic, not an automatic, was a pointless waste of forum space.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I know WTF his point was (jeeze nOObs...).

I was just correcting that the "automatic" tranny o nthe new Eclipse is not in fact an automatic, but a Sportronic/Manumatic (whatever Mitsubishi calls it). That was all. I wasn't acknowledging a point or trying to make one. Just CORRECTING a mistake. I ADDED to the point however though as well. BEcause some manufacturers do in fact not charge more for an automatic tranny but SOME do.

If correcting something that is false is a waste of forum space to you then you can go ahead and ignore 50% of the posts on these forums.

50 Percent of the forum posts or your posts? :laughing: j.p

posted by  Pythias

Its still an automatic. You just decide when you want it to shift itself. Wasnt a mistake, just a minor oversight.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Well, let's do a quick little review on the Eclipse GSX... it ceased production in 1999. An automatic transmission is always additional cost when the vehicle is new.

But, since the GSX is only available used, and I spent a rather large amount of time looking for a GSX before purchasing mine... I can say with a great deal of confidence that the AT versions are on average a couple thousand dollars cheaper than their manual transmission counterparts.

Thanks for playing.

posted by  Bino

Well the reason why they might be cheaper is because they are more common than manuals on the later 2G GSX.

posted by  nsupra27

Not all automatic trannies cost more than manual ones.

Nobody tried to explain why they are cheaper, they just are. My thoughts are that they are in much lower demand in the used marketplace and therefore do not fetch the same price as the manual. I tend to be of the opinion that there are more manual tranny cars anyway, I've really seen a lot more manuals than AT's.

posted by  Bino

Well, every instance I've seen (my disclaimer), they have been an additional cost. Even vehicles I've seen that have an automatic transmission as standard equipment will have a price reduction for an optional manual transmission. Again, my disclaimer, this is in the vehicles I have personally seen and/or personally priced.

posted by  Bino

The 2006 Accord sedan offers a no cost option of moving from automatic or 6spd manual on the V6 version. While moving from manual to automatic on the I4 is an $800 option. Same goes for the Accord Coupe, no cost difference between auto and manual on V6 but $800 more for automatic on I4.

On the TL they offer a 6spd manual or 5AT for the same price as well.

There are plenty of cars out there that have an Automatic version for the same price as the manual. Just have to look.

Fair enough.

posted by  Bino

Wait, do cars with manuals sell for more because maybe some of them are more fun to drive with a manual and not an automatic?

posted by  99integra

Most used performance oriented vehicles are more sought after as manuals.

posted by  PontiacFan27

They often sold with a higher price on some because they are a more complex transmission, alot more parts and everything.

posted by  nsupra27

Automatic engines usually have a better life as it's driven more friendly than manuals.

posted by  fudge

did someone just get ownd here?

posted by  Inygknok

??? Who ???

Bino did.... by you..... note his "Fair enough."

posted by  Inygknok

How does ending the arguement consider you "owned." This is especially funny coming from you, because here you are trying to tell people to end all of the arguing. :screwy: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17272

posted by  torinoman80

I never own anyone, just point out misconceptions and wrong data :thumbs:

I hardly deem that wrong data. I was stating my experiences, as stated in my disclaimers.

posted by  Bino

And it was wrong, and I pointed that out. That falls under a misconception.

No, my experiences can't be wrong, they happened. They also can't be a misconception unless I was on 'shrooms at the time (I wasn't).

What you stated was also correct. But don't try and say things I've done and experienced are wrong, you're just really overstepping reality there...

posted by  Bino

Thank you for your contribution of.... nothing... to this discussion. You'll make a great "yes-man" when you grow up.

posted by  Bino

I was pointing out your experiences are not "IT". There are you happy ya politically correct nazi?

Yes, yes I am.

posted by  Bino

all i had to do was tighten the gas cap

posted by  HappyPuppy

Your Message