Quick Question

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Quick Question

hey guys, some of my friends and i were hanging out and we saw a mitsu eclipse go by. When it passed by it had the psht sound of the blow off valve, then we argued if you can have to have a turbo to have the blow off valve. I think u do need to have the turbo , but my friends disagree. sorry if its a stupid question, im still new :laughing:

posted by  ToshoRcing

You need a turbo for the real BOV sound, but there are fake valves that hook to the tip of the exhaust, and they make the sound too, but for the real valve, it only does anything with a turbo :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Theres not only one that attached to the exhaust. Theres one thats electrically driven that you screw onto somwhere under the hood. It makes the sound with the press of a button.

posted by  aerith

i knew it, bunch of idiots. I saw that muffler thing and how it sounds is really gay its just like a whistling sound.

posted by  ToshoRcing

Also I believe racing gears can cause that sound. I know a kid who put some kind of gears in (I forget) in his 95' Mustang GT and told everyone it was turboed, and it defn sounded like it lol.

posted by  Pythias

Fake BOV's sound like ass. I heard one go by the other day. (One of the exhaust mounted ones.)

posted by  hondaman

theres also quite a few different BOV sounds.

also, SC's can make the sound since they too can equip BOV's.

posted by  Inygknok

superchargers can have a BOV aswel, anything that creates boost can have a BOV, you can even get a thing called a "Compression Release Valve" that release's the compression from your head when you've got a high c/r.

posted by  HyundaGuy

Your Message