help please!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  help please!

i was wondering if i could put a turbo charger and a supercharger into my car? i have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse gsx with an upgraded turbo, and i wanna kno if i can also put a supercharger in my engine for more hp gains..

thank you for all help!

posted by  Guns_10

With 4 cylinders you could only have either turbo or supercharger. Its impossible unless you can fabricate a switcher that switches from supercharger to turbo once the pressure goes up and make your ECU remap accordingly. So unless you are a professional mechanic on a racing team with huge funds for R&D, its not possible. The only thing you could do is get a bigger turbo to replace the one you have. You could have them sequential, but its pointless because which ever one you have first will mess up the second one.

posted by  aerith

my brother has an 04 nissan 350z, V6, would it be possible on his car?

posted by  Guns_10

No, you can't have both supercharger and turbo. Although your brother's car can handle two turbos which should be plenty enough power. Since its two turbos, they will spin up faster and the turbo lag shouldn't be so bad. But its a VQ35 engine, so it won't be able to handle too much boost. Unless you work on the engine internals.

posted by  aerith

Stop spewing crap. Yes, you can have both, it's not that difficult.

Now, to original poster. Why in name of all that is good are you trying to put a supercharger on a GSX? That is roughly the most upgradable turbo car made. Buy a bigger turbo and learn about tuning. Well, first, what turbo did you put on it? Do you actually know a single thing about tuning? I'm guessing you bolted up the bigger turbo, didn't do any supporting mods (larger injectors, high flow fuel pump, Air-Fuel Controller, larger intercooler, higher pressure BOV... etc). And now you think a supercharger is the answer. It isn't. Learn about your car, it will make you happy if you learn about it.

posted by  Bino

Read and learn my friend:

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17343

posted by  Bino

hmm, i dont get it. why dont ppl understand that anything is possible with the proper amount of money and worksmanship skills?

and the sad thing is, some of the members that contradict this are members from quite a long time ago that SHOULD already know this.

posted by  Inygknok

this is so not rite. because my friend jeff in santa cruz has a 1993 civic. and has two turbos on it so ur full of crap dude. and for the dude that said alls u need is money and worksmanship, u are very rite cause he dumped a crap load of money into it and has very good worksmanship.

posted by  skyline7042

Retard twin turbos and a turbo and a supercharger are two different set ups

posted by  99integra

well it still has two of something on a four cylinder engine so shut the **** up.

posted by  skyline7042

Are you really that ignorant?

posted by  99integra

Did i say its impossible to twin turbo a 4 cylinder? And Bino, i'm sorry that i said that you couldnt super/turbo charge something. I guess you learn somehting new everyday. But, i think a twin turbo setup would be cheaper and more efficient. Unless that little short time of turbo lag is really that important to you.

posted by  aerith

Hey dude, people make mistakes dude. I'm sorry if i gave wrong information; but hey dude that was like 7am here in vancouver dude; i wasn't awake yet dude. And just because your friends says he did it doesnt mean its true, dude. My friend told me he bought a Honda CRX and put a C35 in it, dude. It could be done; but he didnt even mean C35 when he said it, dude; he got the wrong letter and number dude. So, he's a dubass, he meant to say J32, just spewing crap, dude. And dude, stop saying "dude" every other word. Its not the 90's, you don't have to constantly sayd dude to impress people.

People have names, use them. And your attitude disgraces your namesake. If Nissan knew you were using "skyline" as your screen name, they would probaly cry and then sue you. You make me feel sick for liking skylines as well; just because you like them too.

posted by  aerith

Well then, your friend is an idiot (obviously how you two became friends). Putting two turbochargers on a 4-cylinder car is basically retarded. You will get better results from a single turbo setup. Your friend dumped an amazing amount of money into a system that would get spanked by a single turbo setup. Why do you think the RX7, Supra, and Skyline guys throw out the factory twin turbo setup in favor of a single turbo setup? Because the single turbo setup runs better, spools faster, and makes more power.

posted by  Bino

I give you an enormous amount of respect for the way you accepted the new information. I definitely could have phrased that a bit nicer. Most people would still be very defensive in this situation, even if it was apparent they were mistaken :thumbs: .

posted by  Bino

Thanks, it doesn't help me or anyone else to be defensive. If i'm wrong, i should admit go nowhere. Its a waste of time for the both of us, and it just adds to the crap that we have to endure from ferrari666 and this skyline guy.

posted by  aerith

Your Message