I Bought my FIRST CAR

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  I Bought my FIRST CAR

it a 96 integra Ls. 1 owner ( well now 2) 69k miles carfax clean. I didn't take pics yet but you can look at autotrader pics which i will post in like 5 min.I cant get my license till december 5th so that gives me some time to add some things. And yes i did buy it all with my own money! 5600 with taxes and all

posted by  V-Tec

Holy hell thats a lot of money for an Integra LS. You couldve got a TSI/GSX for that kind of money.

posted by  PontiacFan27

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=191208151&dealer_id=1394608&ca r_year=1996&search_type=both&make=ACURA&distance=25&model=INTEG&address=600 35&certified=&advanced=&max_price=6500&bkms=1130808541848&min_price=1&end_y ear=1997&start_year=1995&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=7
Ya it wasn't cheap but u have to consider 1 owner 69k miles and immaculate condition

posted by  V-Tec

Well, I hope you enjoy the car. Congrats on it, even if that wasn't the road I wouldve taken.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I love you :hi: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Well ty very much and i was thinking about the GSX or TSI but their reliablity isn't that great and i dont wanna pay for premium gas

posted by  V-Tec

Nice car, but I would've definately gotten a manual. :2cents:

posted by  torinoman80

Congratulations...not a bad choice... :thumbs:

And Steven...nevermind, I won't say anything :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Could depend on how much traffic he has to drive in. :2cents:

posted by  hondaman

exactly...i live in chicago with a lot of traffic and tons of snow.

posted by  V-Tec

That's why I said that I would've gotten the manual. He is happy with an auto, and that's all that matters.

posted by  torinoman80

Manual=good in snow, bad in traffic. From what I know anyway.

posted by  6000LE

you pay less attention to the road with manual in snow so how could that be good?

posted by  V-Tec

Getting moving. Plus if you are good with manual, its just natural, and you dont think about it you just do it.

posted by  6000LE

Not true. Driving a manual becomes second nature quickly. Plus you can start in second gear on ice, which is very helpful.

posted by  PontiacFan27

okay well i dont think manual is that great in downtown chicago in the winter...

posted by  V-Tec

Dont live there, so I cant tell you offhand. Anyhow great find. Any plans or no?

posted by  6000LE

If that's what you want, dont worry about what everyone is saying. I was simply stating that if it was my car, I woul've gotten a manual. If You're happy then what does it matter what everyone else thinks.

posted by  torinoman80

Most automatics start off in second gear under light throttle as well, so what's the benefit? That being said I prefer a manual but most people don't. Personal choice.

posted by  vwhobo

I never knew that. My car only has 3-speeds and I feel it shift from first to second and second to third. Maybe this only applies to cars with overdrive? Anyhow thanks for that bit on NFO. :thumbs:

posted by  6000LE

umm i have some plans for the car but i will hold off on the mods for now untill i get a winter job. ( i caddy in the summer) Anyway i will buy a type R Spoiler for it and some tailights prob before my bithday . That will prob be all for visual mods except maybe window tint. The rest i will be performance mods. I will start of with and exhaust and an itake and take it from there. The performance mods i will prob start to add around the start of january.

posted by  V-Tec

Try to find rims. But not aftermarket ones. Just the ones off of the GSR. Ive seen it done looks amazing.http://www.jwong.net/pix/sale/gsr_blades/4/IMG_0914.jpg

posted by  6000LE

Manuals are worse in the snow, but if you start in second gear you shouldn't have much trouble.

posted by  nsupra27

Damn I hate it when people make statements with no basis in fact. How's about you give us some information, not opinion, to support what you said. This should be interesting.

posted by  vwhobo

$5600 AFTER taxes/fees isnt bad at all. Especially a 96 LS with ONLY 69k miles (how the hell did you find one with that many miles on it?). Remember fees/taxes probably tacked on another $600-$800 easily on top of what he bought it for. So really he probably paid around $4800-$5000 just for the car.

A 1st gen GSX/TSi AWD is cheaper than that. A 2nd gen GSX/TSi AWD is WAY more than that.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I've found low mileage Talon TSis, second gens, for 5000.

posted by  PontiacFan27

http://car-forums.com/talk/images/smilies/banghead.gifhttp://car-forums.com /talk/images/smilies/banghead.gifhttp://car-forums.com/talk/images/smilies/ banghead.gif

posted by  nsupra27

You mean the FWD TSi right? You cant find 2nd gen AWD TSi's or GSX's for anywhere near $5000 in decent shape with low mileage.

You were right! It was interesting.

Is this want you want?
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/safety-recalls/winter-driving-tips- 1105.htm
Do you want people to post facts about every single word someone says? Even if it's something not many people care about, but you seem to? http://car-forums.com/talk/images/smilies/screwy.gif

posted by  nsupra27

Okay, you'll have to help me out because I'm obviously not as smart as you... At least not as smart as you think you are. Please direct me to the sentence or at least paragrah that says "Manuals are worse in the snow" or anything even close. I'll give you plenty of time to find another link if it helps. Happy tap dancing.

And yes, unless you have some sort of facts to support a statement, the statement turns into an opinion at best or the spewing of bullshit at worst.

posted by  vwhobo

Well i wasn't looking for a 96 with low miles i was thinking of like a 99 with 85k miles but i found it on Autotrader and it was at a delareship/warehouse that only sells expensive cars like BMW's, Mercedes, Land Rovers, Porshes, ect. The salesman said that this middle aged man was wanted to buy a luxury car so he traded the integra in. The carfax on this car is clean. This Ls has every option except rear spoiler ( which i am fine with since i want a type R one) and the alloy wheels. The asking price was 6400 and i believe without taxes and all i got it down to $5009.

posted by  V-Tec

Goddamnit, who the **** cares? Drop the ****ing shit.
Now I know why no one liked you before, and was asked to leave.

posted by  nsupra27

Again, showing how little you know and making an ass out of yourself for assuming. Who was the first person with a fan club on this forum? Me. Who was asked by many people the times he left on his own to come back?. Me. Where was I ever asked to leave the forum? Don't know, that's another fact you'll have to dig up. Who cares? I do. If you make a statement with no support you are a spewer of bullsh*t. How does it feel to be an SOB?

posted by  vwhobo

People asked you back to this place?

posted by  PontiacFan27

It's true. Although he flames all of us. In between the words or phrases of insults; there is wisdom and knowledge. And most of the people here is happy hes back, and that includes me; btw Welcome back hobo.

Almost forgot; congrats on your car V-tec.

posted by  aerith

Yes, and if you don't like me being here don't let the door hit you in the ass. Why don't you go figure out what constitutes "rice" and leave me alone.

posted by  vwhobo

Thank you dear, your check is in the mail. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Vwhobo isn't like many other people, he'll help you ONLY if you have proven/shown that you atleast tried or are still trying to look for whatever information you need. He doesn't like to spoon feed people (which in the long run is a good thing) because then you'll never learn when on your own. So in other words, he's pretty much thinking ahead for everyone who asks for help by not just giving you the answer... usually.

posted by  car_crazy89

Your check is also on the way. :hi:

posted by  vwhobo

Don't need no check, your recognition and/or respect is worth more Hobo :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

That's your call. You just blew $1,000. But I respect you for it. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Lets just say the noobs'll get used to how he spreads his knowledge soon enough

posted by  99integra

Damn $1,000?!?! Who needs respect when you got money :laughing: j/k.

posted by  car_crazy89

Say that like you own this forum. No, I aint leavin, so tough shit. Get all angered up when I say something you don't agree with, its officially now what I am here for.

I guess the members of ricecop, riceboypage, anti-rice, or any other ricer hating forum which together adds up to a shitload of people aren't enough to broaden the original meaning. Oh wait, I forgot, meanings of words cant change in your small minded world. I guess in that case you will understand

rennes fast do wilis ye haue liht pat pe mirkenes o ded our-take pe noht

posted by  PontiacFan27

I don't own this forum but I certainly have tenure. I really don't care if you go or stay because either way you're still an insignificant moron who has now stated that his purpose for being on this forum to make one person angry. That is harrasment and possibly stalking. I wonder how long it'll take before you just disappear and go be annoying somewhere else. But that begs the question, who cares?

BTW, nice ricer Fireturd in your sig. How well does that body cladding and spoiler work at 40 mph?

posted by  vwhobo

here is new link http://www.motorsourceinc.com/detail.aspx?iid=782397 This is the place i bought it from and it also has more pics...

posted by  V-Tec

I love you and all Hobo (not in a gay 'i wanna have a good time' way, but in a respectful way) and am not saying your wrong about anything your saying but do you really gotta bring down the 'Bird? They are nice cars, even if everything on it isn't functional :oops:

posted by  car_crazy89

Oh, you mean the ones that came on it from the factory, smart guy?

posted by  PontiacFan27

Damn. Can I hear CLEAN!!!

posted by  420amodder

Yeah, the ones that serve no purpose except to make it look cool. Just for your info I owned my first T/A before you were born. Double white, blue chickens, honeycombs, 400, TH400, 12". Now do I get to end my post by calling you dumb guy?

posted by  vwhobo

Agreed.

posted by  Pythias

Chalk one up for the vwhobo fan club.

posted by  Godlaus

No fan club just agreeing with what he said. I also find it more and more funny that alot of these idiots who don't like how vwhobo treats them show next to no intelligence. Alot of them are showing more and more of their true colors in each post, yes he is mostly s smart ass but he gives us much great factual information and can back it up, he is mostly only a smartass to those people who desereve it, then when they reply they just prove his point more.

BTW I didn't know you were still here Mr. 17-year-old know it all, I have been under the hood for blah blah blah. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

That's because he thinks his posts out, unlinke 99% of every poster on these forums.

Did I strike a chord with you?

posted by  Godlaus

Forget the 69k miles on it! It looks like it's brand new from the factory in '95/'96! Damn good find.

Holy crap, it does look brand new. Good find. If you get nicer wheels for it, and maybe a small spoiler, it would look awesome. Seriously; it looks like its a 97-99 model. They even have the Acura Keychain that was given to the owner 10 years ago. And it looks like its in good condition. How did the original owner get 69k miles on it and still maintain such a spotless interior?

posted by  aerith

ya lol i didn't know the keychain was there until i got home to look through the manual and then i was like sweet. I am prettu sure that this was like this guys weekend car... Ya likei said spoiler i want Type R, and the wheels might not get em too soon cause thats big $ for a visual mod. I dont have too much money to spend until i find a winter job. I mean i have like 1800 but that has to include insurance..

posted by  V-Tec

How old are you then, smartass?

What year you talking about then? My guess is 72.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Would u guys stop ****ing filling this whole thread with u guys arguing. U wanna argue get on aim or msn or pm each other and do it there!

posted by  V-Tec

They gave me an umbrella and free anti-theft wheel nuts when i bought my car. They wouldnt give me the damn keychain too. Cheap bastards. lol.

posted by  aerith

Did I strike a chord with you?[/QUOTE]

Nope I just find it funny how even after how you were proven very wrong you just simply don't reply back to it. :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

Looks like I did strike a chord

Well, the main reason I didn't reply to that thread was;

1. It was buried by the time I got back on this forum.

2. The lingenfelter is not the fastest street-legal car. Just the fastest LS1 corvette with an asterisk by it's record. Just like Bonds.

3. Sick 88 jumped in, when it was between you and me, and picked a fight over something that was aimed at you.

However, if you want to take it up again, revive the thread, but I know that I'm right, as do multiple others. If you want to reargue it, you have to take the initiative. You're on CF 24/7, and I'm on on from around 6 till 7. So that gives you 23 hours to decide what you want to do.

posted by  Godlaus

Forget appearance mods first. Start with performance.

A good set of 16"/17" wheels/tires is a great start. A good set of springs and shocks as well.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=FFFFFF&image=http:// memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/2162000-2162999/2162415_3_full.j pg
Real nice 17" wheels from ADR.

I'd couple a set of 17x7 or 17x7.5's with either 215/45 or 225/40 rubber.

Good looking multi-spoke wheels.
http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=9957

Simplier 5-spoke wheels
http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=1231

Wrapped in Neo-Gens...
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?sw=false&cs=215& pc=40217&rd=17&ar=45

OR my personal favorite - 712's...
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?c=2&sw=false&cs= 215&pc=33147&rd=17&ar=45

How about some good springs/shocks?
http://www.optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=T-ILK202
Really good spring/shock setup. Adjustible shocks/struts.

lol that was stupid to say, because someone else put their two cent's in you think he jumped in an argument betwene me and you? lol you really are an ignorant kid who still doesn't realize what he does and does not know. He jumped it and called you out for being a yougn 17 year old admitting to, I forget what, something like learning something from some real mechanics? that's why you did not bring it back up, you didn't want to be up for being called a stupid hypocrit, which is infact exactly what you are. The other reason I'm guessing is that you realize you are wrong, and it is the fastest street legal car. And yes I am on the forums more than you because I go through many old posts learning things. Unlike you who most likely just looks at some new ones and makes a comment here or there, NOT trying to learn anything as it seems so far. :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

You're 17...

posted by  PontiacFan27

So what if he's 17, you're 27 and I could of sworn you werent a day older than 16 when you starting posting on here... Oh wait, the "you appear younger" comments isn't good yet?

Do you have a problem with me being 19?

Nice completely ignoring the quote. You know the one, where he talks shit about the other godlaus being 17, when he is 17 himself? Its, how do you say, hypocritical. Like if you were to call someone a dumbass.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Wowwwwww

Wow you are beginning to amaze me.... read my post and comprehend....

He jumped it and called you out for being a young 17 year old admitting to, I forget what, something like learning something from some real mechanics?

Read through this some maybe you will understand... I am very aware of my age....

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=16918&page=1

Get it now? :banghead:

posted by  Pythias

Wow, to completely ignore/right over your head my point...

I've been called a hypocrite once on these forums (although it was misused). So why not it be misused once again.

Dumbass.

:mrgreen:

Thats not hypocritical, thats uninformed :mrgreen:

posted by  PontiacFan27

*Raises hand* I was the first one! :mrgreen: ...Wait thats not something I should be putting out in the open... lmfao :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

Ya i like those double spoke rims and those Neo Gens. That car domain pic looks like Greekwariors doesn't it?

posted by  V-Tec

You're right it wasn't hypobritical, the term was misused. :thumbs:

Of course. When I say somethign aimed at you, and someone else responds to it, that's getting in the way of an argument between me and you. Perhaps you need to read my post "comprehend".

I have no problem being 17. I've never said that I was otherwise. The premise that I was young was part of that flame. Moron.

Why didn't I bring it back up? Well, if you paid attention to my previous post, you'll find out why. However, if you truly want to revive a thread that you created just for me, bump it back up.

1. I have a video of a street-legal viper running 8s. I have a video of a street-legal corvette running 8s. Your source even states this LS1 as "the fastest tuner corvette". Thats saying nothing, other than that it's the fastest corvette back then. And I'm sure the new LS6 and 7 models are faster when you stick drag radials on them.

You're in the wrong place to learn, kiddo. And you know that, too. If you truly wanted to learn, you'd be reading a textbook, or raiding howstuffworks.com. Not on a soap opera car forum where the main argument at hand is a dick swinging contest

I've been around long enough to post new replies to your "Old threads". I've learned plenty, and I know plenty. I also work on cars, for a change. Which is more than the magazine junky I'm replying to can say.

I'm still trying to figure out what you're trying to prove. You are 17, meaning you don't have as much experience in everything as others older than you, and you talk like you're a 15 year old with a book by Orson Scott Card under your arm.

But I think I get it, you're so eager to try and flame you, you didn't realize that that was pontiacfan replying to you instead of me.
-------------------------------------
You really want to start this flame war over again? Revive that thread. But it's going to require your initiative. I don't need to prove myself correct, but apparently, you do.

Try me.

posted by  Godlaus

And perhaps you need to go back to middle-school because it seems thats where you belong.

Really? I doubt it, chances are your brain caught up with your ego for a moment and you discovered something smart to say right here.

Your right is was created for you... to show you how ignorant you are.

Yes tuner, but can you buy any of those modded viper's or covrvette's specially made like that? Prolly not, the lingenfelter corvette you can buy. There is a difference there.

Well... incase you are uninformed oh knowledgeable one, there was a time when this forum was mroe information than soap opera's...

Really? Thats kinda what I was thinking when you posted about why Mustang Cobra's are 4 grand more than GT's

And you showed much knowledge, especially since you claim you work on motors....

290? try 215 hp and 285 torque, unless your talking about a Cobra, which would have been stupid as well. I never mentioned buying a Cobra, only a GT.

:screwy:

But I think I get it, you're so eager to try and flame you, you didn't realize that that was pontiacfan replying to you instead of me.[/QUOTE]

Yes even though I quoted him and replied to him, I definitely didn't realize that... :screwy:
-------------------------------------
You really want to start this flame war over again? Revive that thread. But it's going to require your initiative. I don't need to prove myself correct, but apparently, you do.

Try me.[/QUOTE]

Although I am done arguing with you about points I have already proven, to someone who is clearly to dumb to comprehend them. Have a nice day :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

I know some of the words I use are a little big for you, and my dialect is a little over your comprehension, so I'm going to give you a reference for each underlined SAT word I use. :thumbs:
--------------------

I like how you base this statement off of nothing or something that I've already proven you wrong on.

Where do I belong? Well, unlike the maladroits (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=maladroit) (you) that disease this planet, I belong somewhere that matters. I belong on a university campus, a pre-med textbook on the passenger seat, with my right hand on the shift knob of an Eclipse GST. I intend to do something with my life, besides stay on car forums all day long.

Bzzzt. Try again. I was right on both statements.

I didn't ask you any questions, so shut your mouth, or do as I instructed in my statement that you quoted

I'm sorry, my mistake. I have a video of a stock Hennessy 1000TT running a 8.9 on drag slicks.

And you aren't here to learn.

Spend 10 minutes on howstuffworks or in a textbook, as compared to 10 minutes on car forums. You'll see a dramatic difference. You're not here to learn, and if you really are, then you're in the wrong place. Your predilections (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=predilection) are all wrong

By the way, you're typing is getting fairly inept (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=inept). Are you sure I haven't struck a chord with you?

Read my post again and point out to me where I asked why Cobras cost 4 grand more. Your facade (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=facade) here on CF seems just to flame me for something you don't comprehend or understand.

Did I say I've worked on every motor on the face of the planet? You'll have to excuse me, as I believe I was coherent (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=coherent) enough to make you understand that I get my hands grimy, instead of just flipping pages to SuperStreet (http://www.superstreetonline.com/)

You'll have to excuse my ineptitude (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ineptitude) for not knowing every single car's horsepower rating

Yet your claim only makes a shred of sense when it's aimed at me. Perhaps you should edit it?

Good, then you (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=asswipe) won't respond to my post, correct?
----------------------------
This is turning into nothing more than a dickswinging contest. So drop it, and don't reply to this post. Or do you want to contradict your last statement?

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message