can a civic run...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  can a civic run...

can a civic run 13 seconds flat with ls vtec with b16 tranny? everything else stock except the ls vtec with b16 tranny.

posted by  silvia_star

No. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Highly doubtful.

posted by  hondaman

if u push it down a cliff it sure as hell can.......

posted by  Inygknok

IF you got an 88-95 Civic base/DX/CX it will probably do high 14s at best with just a stock LS/VTEC (155hp or so). Anything higher than those generation civics you're looking into the flat 15/low 15s.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Try 16s

posted by  PontiacFan27

Do you even know what an LS/VTEC is? How can you run 16s in a car that weighs 2100lbs with ~155hp? Maybe you cant drive at all? Get this, the 99-00Si will run low 15s with 160hp and weighs 2600lbs. A 2100lb car with nearly the same power runs a lot slower, is your deduction...

hey... it happens....

posted by  Inygknok

Civics between the years of 88-95 didn't have much horsepower, least being 62, and most being 125, with like 106 ft-lbs torque.

posted by  nsupra27

What does that have to do with anything?

Well you said a Civic VTEC has about 155hp between 88-95.

posted by  nsupra27

No I did not...READ THE ENTIRE POST AND COMPREHEND IT.

The whole thread is about LS/VTEC swaps in Civics. I was talking about a LS/VTEC in a 88-95 Civic base/CX/DX model. The LS/VTEC (aka Frankenstein motor) puts out around 155-160hp. An LS/VTEC motor is a B18 LS bottom end and a (usually) B16a1 head.

If you roll it down a hill yes. Maybe with some SERIOUS weight reduction.

posted by  420amodder

I thought the Frankenstein motor was the B20 VTEC :confused:

posted by  fudge

The term Frankenstein motor can be used loosely. Some people tihnk it can be any B series (non VTEC engine's) block mated with any B series DOHC VTEC head. The only blocks are the B18A/B series and B20B/Z series that dont come with VTEC in the engine. The most common one just happens to be a B18 block and B16a1 head.

Your Message