Mitsubishi FTO

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mitsubishi FTO

Hear anything about these cars? Came across one online and fell in love. Almost looks like the older celica body styling to me. Any input would be great, and if you'd know any sites of where I could purchase one here in the states, it would be much appreciated. More specificially I'm looking at the GPX.

posted by  Metzger

I'm not sure if you can get one here in North America. Getting cars in yourself is a tough job. You have to take the case to court, because the DMV is not going to allow this car on the road. If you have money to afford this car; you might as well bring in an Evo or GT-R. But just to tell you; if you are planning to go through with your plan, its going to cost you big bucks. There are no FTO's in North America so i can't comment on it. But it looks like a pretty good car. Although i find it kind of weird how they made a 2.0L V6.

posted by  aerith

Older Lancers had 1.6L V6s, and MX-3s had 1.8Ls V6s. How about the Ferrari 208 GT4 with the 2.0L V8.

posted by  PontiacFan27

i didnt say they don't exist. I just find it weird to find one in a 7 year old car.

posted by  aerith

I'd love to have the car...does it resemble a Supra to anyody else?...I guess more like a Celica though...Don't really know too much about the car though :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

People do weird things. I find it unusual that they would even bother with a V6 in their sport compacts. It seems like just now the japanese are warming up to higher displacement engines for them.

posted by  PontiacFan27

There's one for sale 1 mile down the road for me. They are asking £6000 for it.

posted by  fudge

Which cars are sports compacts? G35? TL? IS350? Those are Sports Sedans. Sports compacts are like TSX, IS250 (debatable). I would hardly call a G35, TL a sports compact; they have more interior room then the Cadillac CTS; maybe not in numbers, but it sure feels like it. The space is better utilized.

posted by  aerith

Do they have as much empty space as PontiacFan27 does between his ears?

posted by  vwhobo

i remember a couple years back when i first saw he fto, i fell in love instantly... i just thought it was funny how small of a v6 it is... but ohwell, not a big deal to me...
http://www.f1wire.com/mitsubishi/fto/2000/00de3a_1.jpg
BEAUTIFUL

posted by  mazda6man

Yeah, we get 'em over here. I reckon they look sweet from the front, but something about the back end looks ... I dunno, but I don't really like it. Never driven one, or researched, so couldn't tell you performance wise.

posted by  windsonian

Every manufactuer keeps upping the displacement year by year. Just the japanese manufacturers (really Honda) doesnt need that much displacement like the American vendors do to make a lot of power.

3.5L SOHC V6 - 300hp 260tq
3.2L SOHC V6 - 270hp 238tq
3.0L SOHC V6 - 255hp 220tq
2.4L DOHC I4 - 220hp 170tq
2.0L DOHC I4 - 220hp 155tq

All Honda engines. Who needs a GM sized 3.8L V6 in the TSX when the 2.4L I4 makes more power :thumbs:

posted by  thunderbird1100

I've never really liked the FTO. We have them over here but I think most of them are grey imports :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

And I now know to never listen to you again because you're so biased.

posted by  PontiacFan27

It would have deserved better if it had AWD.

posted by  fudge

I like the FTO. I wouldnt say it was a celica body type tho I'm not sure what it is. I wish they produced them over here. :heh:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

Here is one for sale..... I LOVE THESE CARS!!!!!

http://www.turbovisions.wizaweb.com/catalog/item/1862037/2081086.htm

posted by  Rockn-A-T88

Your Message