96 Teg LS bs 05 Cooper

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  96 Teg LS bs 05 Cooper

So this guy that i know wants to race me on his dads mini cooper ( lol ya i know) Now i am not sure if it's reg Cooper or Cooper S. I do know thats it'a and 05 Cooper Conv which means it weighs more than my integra. The cooper is manual but he sucks at driving it, but we wont take that into consideration. I that the integra can beat the reg Cooper but i dunno about the type S. Tell me what u think would win an auto 96 integra LS or 05 mini Copper S manual. I want u to think as if the manual was driven by a proffesional even though it wont be. Yes i do know that if we decide to race we will do it at a very safe place or prob even the track. Ty for input

posted by  V-Tec

Cooper - yes
Cooper S - no

The regular Cooper convertible is a slug.

posted by  thunderbird1100

:stupid:

posted by  torinoman80

posted by  Pythias

posted by  PontiacFan27

posted by  nsupra27

Good on you for deciding to do it in a safe, designated area. Saved me the trouble of getting irritated.

posted by  hondaman

isn't the cooper S turbocharged and has like around 40-50 more horses than the reg Cooper? Meaning that it would be Cooper NO Cooper S yes

posted by  V-Tec

YES you can beat the Cooper NO you can't beat the Cooper S. That's what it meant!

The Cooper S is supercharged not turbocharged. Although the NEW ones will be turboed.

you think it would be close. The reason i wanna know is just like i said he isn't a good driver with manual... He isn't even good reg driver lol

posted by  V-Tec

Dude the only problem I have is goin from a stop to first because it still takes me time to find the point where the clutch grabs :doh:

posted by  99integra

ya but what i am saying is that he hasn't raced before on manual or shifted fast yet so he will probably shift late or early...

posted by  V-Tec

It's called the friction point Steven. :laughing:

posted by  torinoman80

Whatever the **** its called shut up :laughing:

posted by  99integra

You should have no problem.

Just trying to boost your intelligence a little. :orglaugh:

posted by  torinoman80

update: We did race on a long ass straight piece of road in the middle of no where... We raced for about 1 mile.I did beat him out but it was about by 1-2 car lenghts. ohh yeah and he had the Cooper S. We were gonna go to the track but we both knew a road where there are never any cars so we raced there.

posted by  V-Tec

So you had the road blocked off, a gaurd rail on both sides, EMT's and an ambulance standing by, a tree to make sure nobody left early and timing beams to see who actually got to the end first and by how much.. If you did you were on a sanctioned racetrack. If you didn't, you're a stupid punk street racer (which is an oxymoron in itself) not to mention a criminal. Good on ya, you make us all so proud.

posted by  vwhobo

ohh dont act like u have never broken a law in your life... But we did have somone stand 1.5miles in front of where we started to see if there was any traffic coming...If there was he would just call us and as soon as we hear the phone ring we would slow down. So yeah it wasn't like track racing... but it also wasn't like reg street racing.

posted by  V-Tec

Yes because I'm sure that this friend of yours had TWO Phones to be able to call BOTH of you simulataneously, I mean SH*T by the time he had to press the button and the signals picked it up and yor phones rang it prolly only would have been like 20 seconds wasted, needless to say thats WAY more than enough time huh? OR did he have one phone and he was just going to call one of you and of course both of you would have heard it over the sound of two engines, No doubt about that. Stfu you idiot.

posted by  Pythias

No u ****ing Moron it's called walkie talkie phones from nextel. ****ing idiot

posted by  V-Tec

Yes Walkie Talkies

posted by  Pythias

Whats even more stupid is him racing without even having his license.
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=17447
According to that you wont have your license for another month.
Unless I'm mistaken and I'm deeply sorry if I am but thats was pretty stupid dude....how long you been driving?

posted by  Wattsy

Oh shit sorry guys didnt mean to resurect an old thread....my bad. :ohcrap: :doh:

posted by  Wattsy

He's probably on his restricted right now....and don't worry about resurrecting old threads...most of us do it, and as long as it isn't for a stupid reason, nobody will flame you...unless they are in a bad mood :laughing:

BTW V-Tec, I'll be the first to congratulate you...A hella lot safer than most street races :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Well in the Us i have been driving for a while but i would sometimes go to Europe for the summer and i would drive there....so bassically a year i have been driving with my parents legally in the US but outside of the US u can tack on another six months. And yes u are right i dont get my license for 3 weeks.

posted by  V-Tec

ohh yeah and u do know that they are used as phones but have walkie talkie capabilities

posted by  V-Tec

Ahh ok sorry V-Tec. My bad. Just make sure you don't do anthin stupid. :hi: :thumbs:

posted by  Wattsy

Your Message