big time question about my integra

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  big time question about my integra

ok so i just got my car on the halloween, its a 1992 Acura Integra, we bought it and it has 152k miles, everone tells me its a good buy but i have a few questions. Is it ok to run this car with this many miles on it when i say run i mean dog it? and then theres another questionk, the first day i really drove my car when i let of the gas it kinda like jumped or something and i was woundering if that was bad? and then one more. Today when i was driving on interstate the engine started getting real hot but then as soon as i stopped at a stoplight and started going again it cooled back down to where it is supposed to be so im woundering if thats bad too?

posted by  supermancyan

well i cant answer those question but i will congratulate u on buying and the same car that i did on the same day lol I bought the 96 Ls on halloween this year.

posted by  V-Tec

Congrats on the new car. As far as all your questions, it all depends. I'm guessing it's an auto with stock transmission. Depending on the how it was taken care of, I wouldn't get too aggressive with it as you run a chance of breaking your transmission and paying 500-700 for a new one. Other than that, you can probably have some fun with it.

I'm not sure what you're refering to in question 2. I'm guessing you let go of the gas just as it was switching gears and you felt the jolt. This is no big deal for a car with 152k miles, but if I'm correct, it means your trans isn't mint, as expected.

Question 3 sounds real weird to me, are you sure the gauge is correct? I've never heard of that problem before.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

congratz on the new car.

1) if it was taken care of properly, u can have some fun with it. if the engine was recently rebuilt (like wat happened with my supra), then it should be fine.

2) if its a manual transmission, then it tends to happen on older trannies. just go a bit softer when letting go of the clutch and gas.

3) ive seen that happen. it could be a wide number of things.

A) worn out thermostat
B) water leak (check all the hoses, damn good idea in old cars)
C) cracked radiator (could be a hella small crack and still leak)
D) water pump gone bad (bearings in it wear out)
E) clogged up cooling system (just flush it out properly and if it's just that, you'll be fine)
F) someone did work on the engine itself, most surely the head and something was done wrong (worst case scenario, being the head gasket).

posted by  Inygknok

Sure its not the other way around? That your engine gets cooler when you drive and gets hotter when you sit? Cause then it would be that you need coolant or your radiator is cracked.

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

nah, it sometimes does get hotter while u drive and cooler when u sit. some sort of bipolarism. happened to my moms corolla and it was a thin but long crack on the top of the radiator.

posted by  Inygknok

thanks guys for your imput ill check everything out, i think the engine started getting hot as i was sitting at the light and as soon as i started going it cooled down really fast so ill check the coolant today after school i think its doing wat gonnadie4thegov said by the way where i said it jumped alittle well its an automatic so i think it was in the middle of changing gears and it kinda happend cause of that

sorry but i had to ask would it being a 4 door have anything to effect the performance of the car

posted by  supermancyan

Maybe your air dam fell off?

posted by  420amodder

No just would make it a little heavier.

posted by  420amodder

air dam?

posted by  Inygknok

Your Message