2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Ralliart

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Ralliart

Finally Mitsubishi does what we have all wanted back for so long, an AWD Turbo Eclipse. :clap:
400hp AWD turbo 4g63, sexy and powerful. :mrgreen:

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051103.001
http://www.fast-autos.net/mitsubishi/mitsubishieclipseralliart.html

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3427/2007raeclipse6gg.jpg

posted by  nsupra27

Those cars are so damn sexy.

posted by  SlipKnoT

I saw that car at SEMA and totally wrote it off until I noticed a 4G63 peaking out from the engine bay. It had carbon wheels at SEMA as well, it was using the drivetrain from an EVO, 6spd, AWD, whole deal. It was a midly modded engine, making an estimated 400hp. I'd very seriously consider purchasing that vehicle if they ever produced it.... but it still weighs way too much.

posted by  Bino

Oh dear Lord, I've soiled myself :laughing: jk...But still a very fine car :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

:banghead: :banghead: wow that thing will haul some major ass but i just hate the way it looks

posted by  mx3_monster

Obviously this won't see production. Just a fun vehicle. The new 4th generation Eclipse will continue to disappoint. Nice to see someone knows what to do in the Mitsubishi disivision to get buyers back to the performance model Eclipse. Something that has been lacked ever since the 2nd gen went away (IMO).

Although, I cant imagine how much that Eclipse weighs. Must be tipping the scales CLOSE to 3700lbs with that AWD drivetrain and all the mods! Heck the V6 FWD model is well over 3500lb already! If they were to put that into production and kept the engine stock (286hp) it would compete with Evo sales too much (obviously it would be priced right at Evo IX level). I wish Mitsubishi went this way (just like old times) with the new 4th gen...

Base RS/GS get the 2.4L DOHC I4 with 162hp and is FWD, no MORE than 3000lbs (RS - $18k, GS - $20k).

Keep the GT moniker if need-be or back to GST/GSX but if not have a 250-260hp 4g63T FWD GT model and a 250-260hp 4g63T AWD GT model, and for the FWD version keep it under 3100lbs and the AWD version under 3300lbs (FWD GT - $22,500, AWD GT -$24,500).

Oh well, the Eclipse continues to grow in porkiness and torque to ONLY the front wheels :oops:

posted by  thunderbird1100

I hope this would be released in the UK. The Lancer Evolution's is getting really long in the tooth in being Mitsubishi's flagship car.

posted by  fudge

400hp on a 4g63.... i know its a great idea, but im not so sure on a daily driver that weighs that much....

would be great for competitions, but not that much on the streets.

at least some ppl in mitsubishi are still getting good ideas that some day might come out in the market and help the company grow more.

posted by  Inygknok

Wow...I'm gonna need a towl... :laughing:

posted by  DSMDriver

What kind of cracked out logic are you using for that statement? You want a really heavy car for track use?

posted by  Bino

in the leagues they would be allowed to lighten it up heavily, specially since they've got the money for it. plus, now in super gt the car being used must at least have been made 5 copies in production to actually be allowed to be used.

they could very well make it lighter and have a nice car to compete with. plus, there have been many heavy cars being used for track use.

now where did YOUR cracked up logic go?

posted by  Inygknok

It would be good for more professional level competitions, not amateur competitions...One's where people dont mind as much ripping out their entire interior and sound deadening.

My cracked out logic still comes from the place where you want to start with an overweight car for track use. Given that the power potential of the drivetrain is nearly identicle between that car and a 1G-2G GSX, but the GSX is going to start out a minimum of 500 lbs lighter, and they are still pretty heavy cars. If you absolutely gutted that car, you'd still weigh more than a stock weight GSX (I've never seen anybody pull 500+ pounds out of a Mitsubishi).

Don't get me wrong, I think that concept is awesome (I'd roll it :thumbs: ), but it's closer to having a 3000GT VR4 with a 4cyl. I don't care what you say, I don't think (my opinion) that car would ever be a great track car. I'm not saying you couldn't turn it into a track car, I'm just saying that racing isn't an ideal application for this car.

So, my cracked out logic stayed right here on planet earth where mass doesn't much care for changing directions.

posted by  Bino

I'll be first in line. This things probably gonna cost a fortune.

posted by  PontiacFan27

It's just a show vehicle, not a production vehicle.

Do you work at Mitsubishi?

posted by  PontiacFan27

Do you understand the concept of the SEMA show? Plus, you don't have to work at mitsubishi to figure out they wont produce a vehicle that would compete within their own brand name while already they are in severe financial trouble :banghead:

I agree, the chances of that vehicle being produced is very slim. But, there's always a chance. There's also a chance it could be a Ralliart retrofit like the Syclone/Typhoons done for GMC by PAS. But, yeah, the chances of Mitsubishi producing a vehicle that is in pretty direct competition with their flagship EVO is pretty unlikely (especially given their financial status). But, we can all dream.

posted by  Bino

Ralliart hasn't done anything in a while. Its possible theyll release it in small numbers.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Maybe you dont understand the fact Mitsubishi is on the brink of bankruptcy right now. Why would they even THINK of releasing a low volume vehicle (something they havent done in MANY MANY years) that will ultimately cost more to R&D and sell than the profit coming in for it. THINK first :banghead:

Only companies in good terms would have the right mind to come out with low volume vehicles, such as Honda (NSX, S2000, Insight, FCX, Hybrids). In which I believe all of those Hondas less the S2000 have netted Honda with negative profits.

Your Message