What engine

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What engine

Wat would be the best engine to put in my 92 acura integra GS? Does anyone know the specs on the stock engine of a GS?

Oh yea it needs to be something cheap

posted by  supermancyan

Yea the best engine would be the one out of the 1999 GS-R or if you don't mind premium gas go with the Type-R's. The stock 92 came with a 1.8 liter and had 130hp @ 6,000rpm, and 120Ft-Lbs of torque @ 5,000rpm. :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Thx for that info wat price am i looking at for a good engine

posted by  supermancyan

Really depends, do you want a new or used one?

posted by  99integra

id like to get a decent used one, the one i have has 152k on it but it seems to run fine the thing is my fans arent working rite so the engine gets almost to the red sometimes on the heat guage, can i put a turbo in it or does it have one already, The engine space is really tight so im woundering wat i can do if theres no room

posted by  supermancyan

You can pick up one at a junkyard for about 400 to 700 depending on the condition, you can turbocharge them, and if you do that you'll be paying premium so you might as well find a type-r motor to get more performance for the buck

posted by  99integra

If I was you I'd grab up a newer B18b1 with lower miles and go the turbo route. No need in spending an extravagant amount of money for 30-40hp more over a B18b series for a b18c1/c3. If you want to stay N/A...well, spend a lot more money and get the B18c1/c3 and make less power. If you look hard enough you might be able to find a B20z and turbo that.

posted by  thunderbird1100

thx guys i need as much info as i can about my car so wat ever you guys can tell me will be greatly appreciated, Does the engine come stock with a Turbo?

posted by  supermancyan

Nope, it comes runnin a high comp ratio

posted by  99integra

No it does not come stock turbo (no Honda does in the past..well, decades we get here). The B18A/B and B20B/Z are low compression engines in comparison to the B18C series. Which suit them much better for turbos than the B18C series,.

ok i have another question, here lately my fans that cool the motor arent working rite and my car can get really hot sometimes. The fans will come on sometimes but most of the time the only way i can cool my car down is to be gaining speed, i was woundering if anyone knew how to fix this problem by my self and my step dad so as not to pay anything

posted by  supermancyan

i say b20. its cheap and its good.

posted by  silvia_star

could be electrical, or something stuck. not a good idea to let the temps get outta hand like that.

posted by  importluva

IT happens on a lot of older Hondas. It's nothing to really worry about, just the thermostat acting up. Been like that on my Accord for 50k miles. Is high when at idle but when accelerating it goes down.

your fan belt could be sliping but if not thats all i could think of, im not much for honda

posted by  rstifle3000

you could always just do ls/vtec

posted by  black_plague

Your Message