blue headlights for new 06 tiburon???

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  blue headlights for new 06 tiburon???

Hi, i just got a 06 huyndai tiburon and im intreseted in putting blue lights (zenon?) lights into the car, since i love blue lights. My old car had some light blue ones i got from autozone, and i dont know if i can go there and get the same thing for my new car; or a nicer, brighter kind. Can someone please help me out, and maybe show me the different kinds of headlights there are, and what they do, if they'll fit, and if their legal in southern califorina? Thanks to whoever helps!!!!!!

posted by  shaka zulu

We had a discussion recently, and real xenon lights cost $500, and the fake ones don't do a good job...In the end, Sylvania Silverstars were best, for like $20/bulb or something, but they work best, for their price...

posted by  chris_knows

blue is bad for illumination and strains the eyes much more than yellow. Stick with normal lights.

posted by  importluva

but im not going to be looking into them :)

i just want to know the different types of lights, and how much they cosr, and if there would be a problem putting them in. Im settled on blueish white, so ... where can i get them, what types are there??? im really not good at car stuff. And also how much would it cost to put a racing wheel in. Like the small wheels that look nice and stuff. The car comes with a nice wheel, but im just intrested. thanx :ticking:

posted by  shaka zulu

Ofcourse not, but everything they shine on, ie the road, will be blue. Thats bad for your eyes.

posted by  importluva

well my other car had the blue/white lights and i liked em, and they didnt hurt my eyes, or i dont think they did. I just want to know where to get them and how much they cost, and the different kinds available

posted by  shaka zulu

I wouldn't do it if I was you. The racing steering wheels aren't too expensive and not too hard to install, but none of them contain airbags. Not only is this less safe than stock, but it will also raise your insurance. :2cents:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

i never thought about that... good point. but what about the lights? Wont anyone tell me about the lights and stuff? :(

posted by  shaka zulu

I'm telling you...the best one's to get (brightness) are Sylvania Silverstars

http://www.jayswebspace.com/images/saturn/SS2.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

but will they fit in my aforementioned car? And whats the price and where can i get it? Autozone?

posted by  shaka zulu

If you trust eBay...you can get them there pretty cheap:
Silverstars (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sylvania-Silverstar-High-Performance-Haloge n-H1-ST-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8010988080QQrdZ1QQsspage nameZWD1V)

Or Autozone might have them too...

As far as I'm aware, they should fit your car, but I'm not 100% sure :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

From that site, here is the direct quote:

SYLVANIA's SilverStar halogen headlights are the whitest, brightest, sharpest. They burn cleaner and crisper, with a white-hot intensity that you are sure to notice a difference . SilverStar headlights are the only halogens that capture the high performance look.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, those are very bright white bulbs where he wants blue (Xenon) bulbs. From what I know, Silverstar bulbs are just very bright bulbs that make it slightly better to see, but they won't provide blue light.

What I would do is go to Autozone or PepBoys and ask with a worker. He/she should tell you correctly. I never really looked into this as it doesn't interest me, but I heard that you have to be slightly careful since if the bulb you get is too powerful, it can melt your wires, but I'm not sure how true this is. :2cents:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Silvania Silverstars are great. I plan to put them in mine once the current bulbs die. Or at least one, anyway. Don't want to go around with two bulbs of different intensities.

posted by  hondaman

finaly someone sees what im getting at :smoke:

uc i want really blue bulbs. my cars white and i think it'll go well. So ill stop by at autozone and hope they can help me. If my wires melt, that is part of my warranty?

posted by  shaka zulu

Hahahahahahaha.... NO

posted by  Bino

Your Message