Mirror window tint

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mirror window tint

well i bought a type R aftermarket spoiler for $200 with paint and shipping. So far i bought tailights and the spoler...i have one visual mod left that i wanna do then move on to performance. I wanna get a window tint on all windows except the front window. I was thinking of just limo tints but i really do like mirror tins (reflective tint) I was wondering what u guys think of em

posted by  V-Tec

I think they are pretty cool :thumbs:

Illegal here :banghead:
Tho they do allow silver reflective tint :screwy:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

ya it's illigal to have front side windows tinted in illinois but i dont care. F*cking bs Illinois is one of only 4 states to not allow any window tints on front side of the car. I know a lot of people that have em and no one ever got a ticket for one

posted by  V-Tec

And I have known many people to go 150-170 on route 8 and not wreck, doesn't mean it won't happend/isn't likely... all it takes for the window tint is one dick cop :Pp or one ticket maybe... :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

yes i know but i didn't ask if i should tint the front side windows or not...i asked opinion on mirror window tints... DO u guys like it or not and which do u like more mirror or limo?

posted by  V-Tec

I wouldn't recommend it either, but if you really want it, I can't stop you...I'd go with the limo tints, it looks nicer IMO :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

I would go with black tint

posted by  bigdaveangell

Uncle Ben is on line 1, he wants to know if you can help him with some product development...

posted by  Bino

Just so you know, you're much more likely to get pulled over with a limo/mirror tint than without one.

posted by  torinoman80

you're more likely to get pulled over if you're speeding then if you're not. Not for tint.

As for my opinion on tint, don't get the reflective tint, it looks gaudy. Stick to the limo tint.

posted by  dodgerforlife

How is that statement in any way directed at me?

posted by  Bino

My bad, I clicked quote, instead of reply. I'll edit.

posted by  torinoman80

I've been pulled over before for having too dark of a tint. The cop told us that he pulled us over because he couldn't see through the tint.

posted by  torinoman80

What an ass!

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

I've had the same thing happen (just purchased the vehicle, hadn't got around to removing the tint yet). There's legal limits on the darkness of vehicle windows for a reason. Being a police officer is a dangerous enough job. They don't need to worry about somebody rolling their window down and having a gun pointed at them.

Laws are there for a reason, some of them seem irrelevant, but most of them have a real purpose.

posted by  Bino

They could do that without the tint.

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

But you would see the gun before you were standing right next to the window... I mean seriously, hit on the ON button on the old cranium there.

posted by  Bino

Not necessarily....driver could have the gun in the door pocket....cop wouldn't see that....

Around here, we can have tint as dark as we want on the rears, nothing on the front. They do make mention that dark tint may jepordize a officer's safety, but I've never heard of anyone getting pulled over for that.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yes, and the driver could just blow the car up when the officer gets close to the vehicle, they can't avoid EVERY potential danger. If the driver had the gun in the corner pocket, the officer is going to see him/her reach for/pull the gun. That, or the officer would immediately be suspicious of the very strange position the drivers arm was in (in order to hold the gun out of sight and still pointed in the right direction). One way or the other, the officer can actually see into the front driver/passenger compartment.

Seriously, you see the obvious reason why limo tint is illegal on the front windows. Stop playing devil's-advocate with this utterly retarded reasoning.

posted by  Bino

LOL ok I stand corrected by you and my police friends.

They say that they worry as well about the passenger so tint is a key factor. :thumbs:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

Whoa buddy, did I tell him to get front window tint? No. I know limo tint is illegal on front windows, hell, around here, any degree of tint is illegal.

posted by  dodgerforlife

You may like the look of the chrome/refective tint but most dont hold up great and the warrenty you may get from the local shop may not include the reflective. With all the cool new stuff guys are doing you may find custom tinter in your area. Make sure they use name brand stuff. Cool But most of all check the LAW. They are the ones that issue tickets and most shops will tell ya if you ask. They won;t all OFFer the info- They are there to tint windows. So check your brand and law.

posted by  protintman

Your Message