integra vs. civic

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  integra vs. civic

im looking for my first car i want it to be an import cause they are supported heavily by the aftermarket, also their cheap,and reliable ive found two cars i want to buy one is a white 1996 Acura Integra 5spd, sunroof, alpine cd player and the other one is a purple 1997 Honda Civic Dx 5spd, cd changer 100000 miles which one should i get thats better variety of parts and would be easier to make into a clean looking show car.

posted by  Rocko790165

...integra allll thhheeeee wayyyy, dont make it a show car either, youll end up just ricing it out.. :thumbs: but def get the integra, unless your a homo and like the color purple ??? NOT THAT THERS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT.

posted by  Stem

well if a got the civic i was gonna hide it in a garage over the winter save up and get it painted dark blue in the spring

posted by  Rocko790165

I'd go with the Integra. Faster and looks better IMO.

posted by  nsupra27

Yep, go with the integra, especially since the civic is a dx.

posted by  Vlad

C'mon dude...INTEGRA!!!! B18 vs. D15??? theres really nothing to discuss.

posted by  elchango36

Bot hcars are built o nthe same platform, but the Integra will easily trash the Civic DX. The B18 engine has so many options to upgrade on.

posted by  thunderbird1100

ok then what are some inexpensive mods that add lots of hp and is turbo worth it or would it be better to swap engines for like a Integra Type-R B18C(R) also what is the biggest amount of hp you could gain with a turbo kit for less then 4000.

posted by  Rocko790165

Congratulations you get the one millionth Integra vs. civic thread award. :thumbs:

J/k :laughing: , Integra baby. :hi: :smoke:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Dont swap in the B18C5 unless you plan on staying N/A and wasting a lot of money. The B18B series is an excellent engine and is TURBO READY. Look at the FMAX kit, Greddy kit...heck just look here...

www.turbo-kits.com

I'd go with the Integra fo sho, but the color purple seems pretty pimp if you ask me :2cents:

posted by  99integra

On a civic? :laughing:

I'd go with the Integra. How many miles on the Integra?

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

http://www.nopinationals.com/2002/carshow/honda/civic9600/Civic%20Purple%20 1.jpg I like it :hi:

posted by  99integra

Thats a friggin show car! Unless I'm mistaken he's looking for a street car. IMO purple does not look good on stock civics. :thumbs:

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

I'd say unless the Civic has a bag of diamonds in the trunk, go with the integra.

posted by  hondaman

i dont know how many miles the acura has on it it didnt say and maybe the civc has a bag of diamonds in the back :hi: but probably not, and ive heard that having turbo on your engine hurts it if its not properly cooled i know about intercoolers but is there another way to cool an engine quickley.

posted by  Rocko790165

Any forced induction will cause more stress on the engine. The cooler the air is/more of it, the more power it will create and the more heat it will create in turn.

i understand that thats why you can have the engine produce more hp by keeping it cooler i also heard that turbo ruins engines easily from some people is this true cause then wouldnt it be better to just swap engines.

posted by  Rocko790165

OT...

There's no reason that street cars need to be stock. I've had many purple street cars that were also custom cars.

posted by  ChrisV

Any forced induction will cause greater stress on any motor. But a high revving B18C5 (might I add is about $4000+) also has lot of stress on the engine with the insanely high compression and high revving. Sure if you can ruin an engine quickly if you slap on a turbo kit to say an 11:1 CR S2000 and not bother to change out the stock internals and boost it to 18psi. It's all about application. If you make a correct application a turbo will last shorter than your engine will, typically stock turbo cars need the turbo rebuilt after 100k or so miles. So a forced induction engine can last long if you have the right application and tune it properly. Not to mention you can actually save money and make a lot more power with a turbo B18b over the N/A B18C5 swap.

I'd take the Teggy, faster, and sexier (even if riced) IMO :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

OT?

True True... Ok I stand corrected but I would not get a purple civic IMO

posted by  Sgt. Pepper

its not a bright purple its a purple blue i went to tirerack.com and put some black rims on it which was what i was on gonna do was black and dark amethyst is what they call it i put some 17" ASA AR1 on it and it looked pimp but the acura would be faster :banghead:

posted by  Rocko790165

Dont ruin a Integra, get a Civic for the "show"*cough RICE cough* crap.

posted by  PontiacFan27

as you can see the integra is the better choice...but if you want a good car.... i'd say go for a ford mustang... faster and with a little modding will beat the shit outta stupid ricers any day

posted by  21Bravo

as you can see the civic is the better choice...but if you want a good car... i'd say go for a mistubishi exclipse GSX... faster and with a little modding will beat the shit outta stupid american muscle any day

posted by  Godlaus

DSMs are good at two things, they are cheap to modify and they break constantly. "Stupid" American cars have great aftermarket, F-body or mustang.

posted by  importluva

Stupid ricers...

I like the Ford Mustang, but holy damn you are ignorant.

posted by  hondaman

no such thing

posted by  Stem

Actually, nitrous is usually the most inexpensive way to add major horsepower to a car. On a lot of small four bangers a $600 nitrous kit can add 50 horsepower to the wheels at the touch of a button. Much better than a $500 cat-back that adds maybe 5-15 horsepower ( on smaller N/A I4 cars).

i would never use nitrious and the integra has 124000 miles on it and im sorry if i seem ignorant im just wanting to learn as much as i can thanks, i was also thinking of engine swapping for a type-R engine and then turbocharging

posted by  Rocko790165

That's not cheap nor smart. The ITR engine is meant to be kept N/A. IT has an extremely high compression ratio and the only forced induction that anyplace has tried to do it other than nitrous was a supercharger which severly damages the engine and still costs WAY more than your B18B just getting turboed. You haver to understand the waste of time it is to get the B18C5 Type-R engine, the engine alone is over $4000 and only has 197hp, for a thousand less you can turbocharge your B18B and get close to 250 crank hp. For the same price you could even swap in an newer B18B with lower mileage and turbo that!

so it would be better to just replace it with a newer version of the b18b and turbo that and what is better and adds more power at lower RPMs cold air intake or short ram intake

posted by  Rocko790165

A new B18B would be a much better/cheaper idea and is a perfect platform for turbocharging.

Cold Air intake adds more power than a short ram, although at low rpms, im not sure... why would you care about low rpms for performance mods?

because i want more accelartion so that the turbo will kick in faster making the car quicker

posted by  Rocko790165

If you want the turbo to kick in faster then get a smaller one.

posted by  fudge

Your Message