which car?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  which car?

i am looking into getting a knew car, and i cant decide between a nissan 350z, an acura rsx, or a 99 eclipse gsx. i do not know much about the rsx's potential for power, so could ya help me out with that? my brother has a trans am ws6 that basicly fly's and im looking for a real fast car to be able to keep up with him or beat him.

posted by  Guns_10

Out of all three of those, I would say the 350z, its the fastest, and looks the best IMO. :thumbs:

posted by  nsupra27

I'd also go with the 350Z if you can get any of those. Faster, RWD, and damn sexy sounding as well. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

out of those the 350z is an easy choice... All those cars arent even in the same price range...

posted by  V-Tec

:stupid:

posted by  torinoman80

The 350Z, then the RSX, then the Eclipse...But if you have the option for a 350Z, why would you think of the other 2? :screwy:

posted by  chris_knows

Fixed

posted by  PontiacFan27

No...the RSX and Eclipse stand pretty close together in my books...Don't know why, but for some reason I'm partial to the RSX...

posted by  chris_knows

Rather have torque steer, slower launches, and a more difficulty adding boost i guess.

posted by  PontiacFan27

OR maybe he perfers a better handling car?

The RSX-S doesn't have an issue with torque steer, I can tell you have never driven one. It does have some pesky wheel-hop on launch though. But at any rate, the RSX-S and GSX both have very similiar 1/4 mile times, and I agree the GSX is more hp/dollar in the mod area.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Okay, you are all over the damn place. That's like comparing a Titan to a Sienna to a Pilot. What exactly do you want? What's your price range?

Basically...It handles better, and looks better IMO

posted by  chris_knows

RWD

'nuff said

posted by  importluva

AWD + boost... 'nuff said. I'd go with the GSX. I'd never own an RSX or a 350Z. But, if I ever buy a new car it'll be an Infinity G35 Coupe, which is based on the same platform as the 350Z... the G35 just isn't ugly.

posted by  Bino

I'd go with the 350Z, without a shadow of a doubt.....future Jap Classic there :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Yep, the Z wins.

posted by  Vlad

I would say go for the Eclipse. I highly doubt this guy cares about handling and it's also the only stock turbocharged car on the list.

posted by  fudge

I forgot you gotta have torque before you can have torque steer. And the RSX and GSX handle about the same, .84 or so. I'd much rather have AWD and stock turbo though.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Anyone who has driven a GSX and a RSX-S (05-06) can tell you the RSX-S does handle better and has a better steering feel (more feedback). Needless to say the GSX doesn't handle bad, just not as good as the RSX-S (skidpad numbers measure grip...not how well a car handles when tossed into turns). Why would you want a lot of torque in a FWD (do you enjoy torque steer?), a high revving I4 with lots of horsepower and not as much torque is ideal for a sporty FWD'er for the track.

Compare a brand new GSX against a brand new RSX-S and I'm sure the GSX will handle better.

posted by  nsupra27

There is no such thing as a brand new GSX, they ceased production as of 1999.

posted by  Bino

:stupid:
Kind of hard to do considering they havent made a "brand new" GSX since 1999, and the last production "brand new" RSX-S was 2006... :laughing:

I think what he is saying is that if they were both brand new at the same time, and then comparing them. Havent you people ever heard of "theoretically?"

posted by  PontiacFan27

I've heard of theoretical... and I've heard of a level playing field. I'm not gonna lie to you... this one ain't. The '99 GSX has the same suspension as a '95 GSX. The RSX is an entire generation of cars ahead of the GSX.

posted by  Bino

"Theoretically" that's just stupid. Because you can assume anything...

The RSX-S and GSX were never sold side by side...

Your Message