Nissan Rulz

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Nissan Rulz

Nissan is awsome for immports, admit it, and Chris V don't say im closed minded.

posted by  rstifle3000

the only way I'd say that is if you said "only buy Nissans. Everything else is a POS." Because I'd have to poiint out how retarded that was. But the statement you actually made wasn't a hateful statement.

Apparently there are a lot of people that don't understand the term "Closed Minded."

Now, if you said "Skylines are awesome because they have big V8s," and then argued when it was pointed out they didn't, THEN you'd be a moron. But you're not doing that.

posted by  ChrisV

Nissan is okay, not my favorite company as a whole. Here's my breakdown of each of their vehicles...

Sentra - Definatly not one of the better econo-cars. Doesn't rank up there IMO with the Civic, Corolla or Focus. The SE-R model is decent, but is dismal in sales and has horrible torque steer. They should of went with a smaller engine. Prcing is right though as its a few grand cheaper than most other sport compacts in it's segment.

Altima - My second favorite family car. Plenty of power, okay handling, good enough interior and attractive exterior. Plus, now they have the pretty cool SE-R model. Although pointless in my mind for the money ($30k!), still pretty cool.

Maxima - Definatley nice looking inside and out. Plenty of power, handling isn't that great. Ranks up there among full-sizers in my mind.

350Z - It has defiinatley lost its appeal. While it does have a good amount of power and handles pretty well there are now just better choices out there that are even cheaper (See Mustang GT), time for a redesign, more power and better handling please.

Frontier - This is my favorite in the light duty segment. PLENTY of horsepower AND torque from the 4.0L V6 and a much roomier interior than the outgoing model. I can actually fit in the back now of the crew cab model. The Tacoma does get a close second in the light duty line in my mind.

Titan - Deifnatley my favorite 1/2 ton pickup. The 5.6L DOHC is the strongest motor of the segment if you drive all 1/2 tons. This truck picked up where the Tundra has dropped off, Power. The pricing is very affordable (can get the V8 in the $19k model) and the interior is nice. The exterior is definatley the best looking in my view of the 1/2 tons. This was easily my favorite 1/2 ton after driving all 1/2 tons. I think they should expand the lineup though, include even cheaper models with the 4.0L V6 265hp/284tq, for around $17k. Try and pickup some of the government/commerical market with that.

Xterra/Pathfinder/Armada - All great redesigns (or brand new vehicle - Armada) recently. I like all three and place very high in their segments in my mind. The Armada is caveronous.

Murano - Just a cool niche looking wagon, the FX model is really kick ass though.

Quest - Nissan's worst vehicle in my view. It is extremely trouble prone and has had some pretty massive recalls, repeatedly. It also cant compete with the best model in the segment, the Odyssey, although the interior is nice, the exterior leaves something to be desired.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I don't need to admit anything. They don't have anything over Mazda or Toyota as far as imports are concerned. The Maxima, Sentra, and Altima are all respectable automobiles, but there's nothing actually special about them. I don't care for the 350Z at all, I would never own one. The only thing from that whole company that I truly like is the Infinity G35, which is basically a refined 350Z w/o the boy-racer look built in.

posted by  Bino

chris, you are a retard. you suck u close minded bastard. skylines dont have big V8s u animal killing red neck! u suck! u dont know anything! HAHAHA I 0WN J00 r0x0rs!

kinda like that chrisv?

posted by  Inygknok

Yeah, just like that, you inbred POS... ;) :fu: :orglaugh:

posted by  ChrisV

There alright, I wouldn't say that Nissan is the best but they most assuredly know their stuff...

You do realize he already knew that, right?

posted by  hondaman

I <3 Nissan, theres other things I would buy instead of their vehicles, though.

posted by  PontiacFan27

you do realise that he already knew that Chris already knew that, right?

posted by  windsonian

You do realise that this is confusing me right?

I don't think Nissan's too bad, I (Well my parents) have a 2003 Sentra...not my favourite, but then again an econocar...

The Skylines--mainly GT-R --are my favourites from Nissan, and cars in general.

The Maxima is pretty nice, and meant for luxury IMO, and the Altima seems to have some problems (personal experience)

Overall Nissan is not too bad for its imports, like the soon to come (hopefully) Skyline :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

Skylines and Silvias are what springs to my mind the moment I hear the word Nissan.

posted by  fudge

you all do realize that we scared that rifle guy away from his own thread, right?

posted by  Inygknok

I do now. :thumbs:

posted by  hondaman

No offence but most u guys missed the point of the tread, i didn't ask if they where you favorate or the best, i said the where good :banghead:

posted by  rstifle3000

You gave your opinion, we gave ours. K? :thumbs:

posted by  67Coronet383

well we've owned two pathfinders and except a mechanic screwing up one the are the most dependable cars we've ever owned, also we owned the
Maxima GLE 01 and it's nice, leather seats, seat warmers, four cup holders, overdrive gear, good brakes, and pretty much anything else you could get on a good car, we got it for 10k because it had 180,000 miles on it. but i personaly thing the Armada is a little big.

posted by  rstifle3000

Your Message