my celica wont start

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  my celica wont start

i have this 1990 toyota celica st and it has not been ran in about a year and i tried to start it and nothing. so i put a new battery in it and still nothing except a clicking sound! i tried to bump start it and nothing happened. i am not sure if it is the starter, or maybe the starter cyllinoid. i was just hoping someone could give me some advice, or maybe a website that might help, i dont know i just need to get it startde and dont want to take it to a shop if i dont have to. Pinky

posted by  theycallmepinky

Solenoid.

It's your starter.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Really? Are you sure? I've been through this with you before, but I guess you didn't learn anything. Read the post. He still gets nothing when attempting to bump start the car. So tell me Dick Tracy, how does the solenoid and/or starter come into play during a bump start? You don't have enough information or knowledge to make any kind of educated judgement.

Put on your thinking cap, it better be good. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

fuel pump maybe :2cents:

posted by  mx3_monster

might even be just a fuse.

posted by  Inygknok

Dude, i have the same thing. It is the solenoid. The gears aren't aligning. I just tap the starter with a rock while having someone turn the key and eventually it starts.

posted by  GR4VD1GRB1LL

Your Message