What's next for my civic?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What's next for my civic?

So i was sitting and counting a few days ago how much i make my expenses and how much i can save up for my car... After i get my tints done... i dunno what i should do. I don't really want performance or anything... So i figured in about 3-4 months i'll have a little over 300 and if i start pulling in more money on the other way i make money (repairs for people) then i can make over that. So any advice on what i should do? something fun... maybe rims..any advice?

posted by  95civicdima

If you don't want performance, go with the rims. They make a huge difference in how much better your car will look. I just find it annoying when people put on rims + low profile tires and the car is sitting inches above the tires. If you add rims, lower it also, unless the tires are already close to the wheel well, it looks way better like that.

posted by  Vlad

I'm guessing those are around 13" tires...so you could probably step up to 15"...rims are a nice idea for what to do if you don't want performance...

IMO, I would recommend something simple, not the 100 spoke-type...something similar to this:

http://www.essentialstyling.com/rear%20wheel%20close%20up%20small.jpg
Of course not necessarilly (sp?) from Porsche, but you can get the idea...:thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Naw, get some sick 500 spoke gold rims and some .002 inch profile white wall tires, thatd be sick!!

posted by  PontiacFan27

I know, I know. Spend your money on a full page ad in Rice-O-Rific magazine explaining why people can't use the correct word... WHEELS. If you only buy the rims, how are you going to attach them to your car? :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

With duct tape of course. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Dude get a huge exhaust tip for your civic, like this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/innova/8623dbb6.jpg

:orglaugh:

posted by  GreekWarrior

roflmfao thats the best picture ive ever seen

posted by  Stem

I think dark wheels would look best on a black Civic.

How about retrimming the interior?

posted by  fudge

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

That's great :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Sure is! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  torinoman80

They are already 15" THE PICTURES ARE ****ING FUNNY AS SHIT... So lets make a list:
Wheels (not just the rims)
Interior (seating and such)
Muffler(a big one..just not that big...)
keep it comen poeples

posted by  95civicdima

Get it detailed?

posted by  newyorker

What about vtec dawg? :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

It's Honda...all Honda's have V-Tech :laughing: JK

posted by  chris_knows

Not all...my moms HX dindt have one...but it did have a one speed tranny...CVT :hi:

posted by  newyorker

Do you have a big, bright red tattoo on your forehead that says MORON? If not, you should. What do you thing CVT stands for Twinkie? If you said anything other than Constantly Variable Transmission... Well it wouldn't surprise me if you said something else. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Yes I "thing" that it does have only one speed. Better yet I know so because when I drove it I had foot to the gas from 0-75 and there wasnt a single shift. The RPM didnt go over 4500 a single second.

1-speed cvt w/OD

A continuously variable transmission (CVT - also known as electronic CVT or eCVT) eliminates the gearing, and the shifting between gears, of a traditional transmission. Power from the engine is transmitted by a drive belt system connecting two conical pulleys. As the driver operates the throttle, the belts slide up and down the pulleys, creating a continuously variable gear ratio that is proper for the moment. The operation is seamless, with no upshifts or downshifts.

posted by  newyorker

Your text book answer just proved you wrong. The key words are "continuously variable gear ratio". That in terms you can understand equals "lots of speeds", not just one. MORON!

posted by  vwhobo

Definetly has a v-tec in it! Thanks though

posted by  95civicdima

And it also says 1-Speed :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Really, where is that? Link me to it.

posted by  vwhobo

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/features.jsp;jsessionid=P3P3B5RAJVUCZLAZGJK JXKY?destURL=features.jsp&year=1997&makeid=18&modelid=214&myid=2010&superTr im=&acode=USA70HOC021B0&logtype=7&aff=latimes

Transmissions
5-speed manual w/OD Standard
1-speed cvt w/OD Optional
Says it right there. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Cars.com is not a valid sight for research. Give us a collective break. Show me some Honda literature that calls it a one-speed. Better yet, read these and tell us where they're called one-speeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuously_variable_transmission

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt.htm

posted by  vwhobo

Notice I said ":laughing: JK" :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Obviously not. :laughing:

posted by  torinoman80

Minor fix
Continuosly Variable Transmission.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Thank you. I was so pissed at the little twit when I typed that I obviously wasn't paying attention.

posted by  vwhobo

If anything, CVTs are million-speeds. 1 speed im guessing is just the simple way cars.com chose to classify it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Wow! I've heard of these transmissions before, but never knew how much it worked or anything about it in detail. Is it rare or I'm just unfamiliar with it?

Also, for pure curiosity, what's the generalization on them? How often do they break down compared to regular automatic/manual transmissions? Because it sounds as if they are more comfortable than the regular transmissions.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Here's some information on them:thumbs:

HowStuffWorks (http://auto.howstuffworks.com/cvt.htm)

posted by  chris_knows

Forgot about good old-fashioned howstuffworks.com I think I just learned a ton. Thanks Chris!

By the way, no offense Alex, but if I understood that correctly, Hobo is definetely correct. If a car only has one speed, it will never be able to drive in all conditions (either go slow only or go fast only and not be able to go up hills, etc). This transmission just makes the switch in between "gears" so smooth, that you don't notice.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

You're welcome. If you were actually reading the posts, you'd see I offered those links YESTERDAY.

posted by  vwhobo

CVTs are in a class of their own. I wouldn't even say that they "shift." They are truly fascinating however.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message