WRX STI swap

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  WRX STI swap

waddup, i have put over 80k miles on my 02' subaru WRX it so far. I was thinking that a costly tune up will definatly be needed sometime soon. But with all the cost of doing that i am considering . If you have any knowledge about this kind of swap that would be very helpful. including labor costs and other mods that would be necessary; maybe a new ecu, or turbo timers or what not. here's a pic of my car, looks okay for now, but i want to have a rubber burning beast.[IMG]

posted by  joediddy

Take the link down :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

holy shit, how the hell did u already get that much mileage on that car?

posted by  Inygknok

Sure, you can swap in the engine, but what about the tranny, the AWD system? The AWD system found in the WRX is archaic compared to the AWD system in the STi.

posted by  aerith

We have a Ford Focus at work with 145,000miles on it and that's a 2003 car :thumbs:

Oh...and NO advertising! :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

yeah i dirve alot during the summers and back home from school during breaks. so yeah i have alot of miles for a 02'. but yeah. i think a whole engine and tranny package would work nice. thanks for the advice.

posted by  joediddy

80k on a 2002 isnt bad at all.

Think of it this way, it's probably almost 4 years old now, so that's 20k miles a year. That's definatley not unheard of. I put about 16,000-17,000 miles a year on my Accord, and have just started to take long frequent trips (Baton Rouge to Atlanta, probably about 5-6 times a year).

My girlfriend's father put on 130k miles on a 1994 Galant in a matter of 4 years (somewhat frequent trips from Atlanta to LA).

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message