How do i remove door panels for new speakers?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  How do i remove door panels for new speakers?

I got new speakers for my front doors. Pioneers very sweet ass speakers and i hope to get them installed soon. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice or show me a some GOOD links to places that explain in detail with pictures of video how to uninstall the stock speakers and install new ones on a 1995 Honda Civic Ex Coupe. Thanks for any feedback

posted by  95civicdima

Step 1: Take them off

posted by  PontiacFan27

lol i know but it's not as simple as done there are ways to do em and i don't wanna be all retarded and **** the door panels up so i'm asking for advice

posted by  95civicdima

It's pretty simple, if it's anything like my 90 Accord was you just have to find all the small covers that cover screws up, unscrew everything (there might be some on the bottom of the door too), remove all the "snaps" and ifnally remove the door handle assembly and then you should be able to lift off the whole door panel enough to get easy access to the speakers. If in doubt, go to a autozone or somewhere and look/get a 92-95 Civic guide and it will have more details on where to exactly find the screws and how to remove the door panel.

posted by  thunderbird1100

i was hoping for more specific's and maybe a detailed guide. I appreciate all feedback thanks again

posted by  95civicdima

One question. Why do you own a car that you plan on doing stuff to yourself yet you don't have a Hayne's Manual?

posted by  PontiacFan27

because i've never hurd of a hayne's manual. I do have an owners manual and some other little booklet. I don't think either of them tell me how to take a door panel off.

posted by  95civicdima

Hayne's manual is one of the most useful things a non-professionally trained DUI car owner can buy. Go to autozone and pick one up. It'll tell you how to do everything you need to know in your car.

posted by  PontiacFan27

You mean DIY? :laughing:

I have the Haynes Data Book CD, but it's only for cars from like 1986-1997...and has a lot of information...firing order, common problems with the model, and stuff, but no limits, like hp, torque, speed, 0-60, etc :doh:...I just got another program, but I have no clue how to use it...called Workshop DeskManager V2.5 Plus...

posted by  chris_knows

Are they really that good for the Driving Under the Influence owner? What about the Do It Yourself owners? :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Chiltons Manual

thats a good one

posted by  Stem

:orglaugh: Yeah I don't know what I was thinking.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Ok so i got a hold of one the 2003 version...and well it didn't help. If i wanted to know the exact ignition timing and shit like that yea it helps but not to take a door panel off. Care to give me some more advice on how to remove it?

posted by  95civicdima

Unscrew everything that can be unscrewed, unclip the window winder if it's got one, then pull. It may feel like it shouldn't be pulled, but they're just little clips holding it in.

posted by  windsonian

I understand all of that man not my first time installing speakers for the front. First time was on a 99 cavalier. I just wanna know EXACTLY where and what so i don't have to look. If no one knows then no one knows it's cool

posted by  95civicdima

Well I don't think you will get that info here.

posted by  Pythias

All this time you spent looking for the specific places to unscrew things you couldve had it done by now. Laziness really doesnt pay.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I appreciate your comments man...but your negativity isn't appreciated...installed yesterday...wanna see pictures? There were only 3 screws i really needed to know to find. I appreciate all the help and advice everyone gave. Thanks everyone (by the way i'm more of a do it yourself guy it was fun and it sounds crisp and great.)

posted by  95civicdima

Here are the pictures of the speakers out of the box. Basically all you see is them. If you REALLY REALLY must see that i installed them in the car i guess i can show you... it's a hastle so unless there is a huge disbelief let me know i'll get the pictures.

posted by  95civicdima

Don't know much about speakers, but they look pretty nice :thumbs: :clap:

posted by  chris_knows

For some reason everyone is running out and getting bottom of the line Pioneer TS-G series speakers (first 99integra now him). ACK, come on people, spend a little more to get a GOOD sound if you're going to UPGRADE from stock speakers.

Here's how the Pioneer coaxial line plays out...

Bottom Line = TS-G
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4075_64850142, 00.html

Mid-Range = TS-A
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4075_189562749 ,00.html

High End = TS-D
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4075_191756456 ,00.html

Personally though I like the sound of the TS-A series better than the TS-D simply because they offer more mid-range sound, it sounds more "complete". The TS-G series sounds just like any other $30 budget speaker, IMO.

Alright man honestly you are becoming a little bit anoying. I have those exact TS-G's your showed for my back speakers. I'm no dumbass i didn't buy the first thing i saw was good. I did my research i found out retail prices i found reviews peoples opinions and so and so on. I got the opinions from my brother (he knows his cars definelty) i asked my grandfather (someone who's been working in this field for over 45 years) and i've gone on and on to other people who are very educated in this field. They all told me basically the same thing. PIONEER MAKES GREAT REPLACEMENT STOCK SPEAKERS! My budget was 40 bucks dude. I definetly made it too. I didn't need top of the line speakers nor did i really want any. These speakers sound crisp and great. Not the greatest bass out of the lot but hey it met my needs. I did buy these speakers off of ebay. Front ones cost me exactly 16.95 with shipping and everything and back's were 17.89 with shipping and everything. So for those prices i definetly got really good quality speakers. Also dude if you are going to knock someone down about what they did and then say IMO try not to be such a dick about it. No offense to you man but it really just starting to bug me about you.

posted by  95civicdima

Thanks man i turned em on and sat in the car for 15 minutes LOVED IT! :mrgreen:

posted by  95civicdima

If you dont like my gut check style of showing a bad decision then that's for you to deal with, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to give my opinion and spread facts when need-be. Obviously the two people you spoke to didn't know much about Car Audio. It's not my fault you talked to people or believed people who made up stuff about car audio (talk to any REAL audio nut, none will say "pioneer speakers make great stock replacements"). No serious person that's a LITTLE into car audio would recommened bottom of the line TS-G Pioneer's. There are MANY MANY MANY other better speakers out there. I don't care what people review on a speaker, if it's bad it's bad. They have "reviewers" that give good marks to budget Audiobahn crap. Do me a favor, go to a Car Audio forum, and if you dont get treated the same way, let me know. Tell them what you bought and see how many "wow, what a maroon" remarks you get. I have been in Car Audio long enough to have heard most of EVERYTHING out on the market, you dont need to tell me how something sounds, or a dumb kid that made a "review" on a webpage about an Audiobahn speaker. I can easily decipher that myself.

YOU think it sounds good because you've probably heard nothing better in your life. Trust me, I was the same when I FIRST got into car audio, I thought my Pioneer TS-A speakers were the shit (even had a little four channel amp going to them, most people dont even BOTHER to get an amp, much less some people TRY and power aftermarket speakers with a STOCK head unit, dumb dumb dumb!, completely defeats the purpose of "upgrading" the sound, you lose out on what the aftermarket speakers can REALLY achieve). Boy did I get get a real wake-up call when I heard stuff that sounded 5x better and was actually CHEAPER in some cases. I basically felt I bought the worst sounding speakers on the market. Something is only "Great" or "good" in car audio if you can compare it to everything else "in its class", something which obviously you have not done. When buying car audio products a lot of the times it's like buying a car, you dont go only buy what people recommend but you take the speakers out for a "test drive". You dont just drive one car buy it and say "this is an excellent car" if you haven't driven its competition. That's just how it works.

I have nothing personal against anybody on here, well, maybe one idiot or two...But believe me when I say I'm not bashing YOU, just the decision and speaker of choice.

BTW- It doesnt have a lot of bass because it's not supposed to. It's supposed to handle high end frequencies along with mid range and mid-bass frequencies. You need a DEDICATED bass driver (Subwoofer) to get TRUE bass. Something that is 8" or LARGER. A 6" speaker may play 30hz tones, but at around 65dB's (barely audible) and very muddy sounding. Play that same 30hz tone on a 10" woofer and see the difference.

There should be some civic forums for that matter. If you cant get the Haynes manual, the forums will help you. Just look for the Sound and Audio section.

posted by  newyorker

I appreciate the fact that you said you are not intentionally trying to back me but dude the people i went to were in no way shape or form new to speakers. They have great knowledge in this field. I never bought these speakers to out perform someone else. I bought em just for my own enjoyment. Trust me when i say i've hurd great speakers and i've hurd horrible speakers. For example Great speakers "Nissan_Atlima" has a great system For example horrible speakers "ME!" my old stock speakers were in such bad condition. I still don't understand why you can't support me and say hey man you got a good deal congrats on getting what you wanted. I was looking for greatness just a replacment and for the money i seriously dout i could've gotten better shit. Like i said earlier i mean no offense

posted by  95civicdima

When I got my sub, I was just amazed. I thought that with my replacement jensens i was getting some bass. I was getting no LOWS at all. Now I need to replace all of the Jensens because they are starting to blow. Will never buy them again. Gonna get nice pioneers from eBay

posted by  newyorker

Alright so now that i respect your opinion Thunder mind telling me if this is worth getting? I personally think it's a really piece of hardware. I can't find too much on it besdies the fact that a japnese company makes it. Mind giving me your opinion bro?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-8-Car-Audio-Subwoofers-Subs-BoomBox-Speakers_W0QQit emZ5836916212QQcategoryZ18802QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

posted by  95civicdima

Absolute trash, stock speakers will put out cleaner bass... It sounds like those "Roadmaster" sub they sell at walmart.

If you're going to get a decent sounding bass driver, I suggest something like this...

If you want DECENT sounding clean bass you NEED to spend at least $250-$300 (amp, box, 2 subs).

Subs: $89
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5743.html

Clif Designs makes really good Sound Quality drivers, and this is STEAL for 2 of them.

Box: $39
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1747.html

Amp: $99
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2119

Total : $227 + shipping

And hey if you want a single sub setup, even cheaper...

Sub: $59
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3004.html

This driver has incredible Sound Quality, the PR's from Memphis are the best woofers IMO for under $100. Great price on those.

Box: $19
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2018.html

Amp: $84
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2553

Total: $162

Yea few people told me the concept was good just the actual subs weren't Everything else in the box is good except the actual subs. Well if you don't mind... ON A REALLY TIGHT budget you know any websites or any stores that sell DECENT (i don't need the best) for an affordable price? Keep in mind that i do it ALL myself. So i don't really wanna have some complicated mumblejumble

posted by  95civicdima

$162 is painfully low in price for a half-way decent sub setup, INCLUDING box and amp in that price. I suggest you stop wasting money on trashy stuff and save a little until you get enough to get something decent. $162 isn't THAT much money. A lot of people would KILL for a $162 ENTIRE sub setup. Especially one with a MEMPHIS PR driver in it.

My shit was way more
Pioneer TS-W306C/DVC in a vented enclosure - $140
SONY XPLOD XM-2200GTX 1200 watt amplifier - $140
Installation - $100
Grand total - $380

posted by  newyorker

Sony = crap. And the Memphis sub is 10x better than that Pioneer SUB. Pioneer isn't known for making great subwoofers...their top of the line "SPL-5000" is good for getting loud, but everything else is pretty "bland" in sound quality and output compared to other drivers. That Profile amp is even better than the Sony amp...

That may be so, but I still think it sounds good. My friends and Nissan_Altimas mutual friends said that my sub sounds a lot better than his 12" COMP kicker

posted by  newyorker

That's because anything sounds better than a Kicker, especially their bottom COMP series line.

Kicker is KNOWN for getting loud but having poor sound quality. The L5 and L7 are heavily criticized for having poor sound quality, but, they do get loud. Memphis is known for building dedicated sound quality drivers. Including the famous MOJO.

But anyways, a Pioneer 106 ( i think it is) sub is really slotted between the COMP sub and the COMP VR sub from Kicker. It's easily better than the COMP, but not as good as the COMP VR.

Newest COMP -
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/images/normal/05c124.jpg

Newest COMP VR -
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/images/normal/05cvr124.jpg

Newest L5 -
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/images/normal/05s12l52.jpg

Newest L7 -
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/images/normal/04s12l74.jpg

Newest SOLO X-
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/images/normal/04s12x.jpg

That's Kicker's entire lineup from least to most expensive.

Nonetheless I like my system except for the speakers. It sounds nice but the speakers are trash and are putting out static and distort

posted by  newyorker

i love my alpine type-r speakers. i know they are not the best in the world but they sound damn nice. i've heard alot of systems get static when turned up but mine stays nice and crisp and clear. And i don't even have an amp hooked up to any of my speakers b/c i have the pioneer 80-mp headunit. it pushes enough power to my speakers to make em sound great. :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

Put an amp to them and you'll see what you're missing out on. My friend had 5x7 Alpine Type-R speakers and when he added an amp t othem it was like night and day. Sounded SO much better. And his HU was giving them probably a good 20rms.

Your Message