Turbo vs. supercharger

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Turbo vs. supercharger

if you had a 97 honda civic dx, would you put turbo or a supercharger on it?

posted by  Rocko790165

Dont think that they have superchargers for them.

posted by  newyorker

Neither, I would do a motor swap first to a B18b series THEN turbo it.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I agree with both of them. They don't make superchargers for honda's, not even the accords :ohcrap: . You could get one and put it on but it would be customly done and cost you more than the price of a turbo which you would get better gains from anyway

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

You guys need to call Jackson Racing (http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=33370) and give them the news. They've been making supercharger kits for Hondas for years. And what makes you think you'll get "better gains" from a turbo? I can't wait to hear the factual answer.

posted by  vwhobo

Like hobo said, many Hondas have supercharger kits available for them. Jackson Racing has one for the every model Integra from 94-01, 02-04 RSX-S, just about every Civic and CRX (including the Si models and SOHC models) and the 97-01 Prelude.

Other companies make supercharger kits for the NSX, including Basch Boost (know a guy using one) and Comptech (which also makes a kit for the 98-02 Accord V6, 00-05 S2000, 02-04 RSX-S, and 3.2TL/CL Type-S).

So there are plenty of superchargers available for Hondas. IT really depends on the application whic way would be better (turbo/supercharger). Just about everyone who has an NSX, TL-S/CL-S, Accord V6 or S2000 goes with a Supercharger, while most people with Civics, CRXs or Integras go with Turbochargers. I've seen about 50/50 on the H22 preludes. The JR supercharger makes decent power o nthe H22a4 on the Prelude, but cant get as high in power as some turbo setups (but when you get that high, you have to get into redoing all the internals).

posted by  thunderbird1100

Who said that?

It wouldn't be worth putting in a turbo/supercharger into a 106hp engine...I'd do an engine swap first...

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message