man... how i whish i had my own ride

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  man... how i whish i had my own ride

im 16 and its okay for me to drive already, and my parents are suppose to get me a ride, but they would always say later or next week or next year, but i want 1 now! im losing my patience already, all my friends got some wheels already, this sucks
for now my dad just lends me his mitsubishi l200 pickup, it sucks cus its a diesel, but i do have fun with it though cus me and my buddies would sometimes go cruising around after school but ya
is it bad on a pickup truck to make it do powerslides out of the corners? is it bad on the suspension? and is it bad to rev high on a diesel? cus i do it alot when my dad is not around
but how i wish that my parents get me some wheels
even if it were a honda ek9, it would be cool cus i really want a RWD sports car, japan made though cus i dont want any euro cars(to expensive to fix)
over here we get both JDM and USDM cars but everyone here prefers USDM though most of the time cus they are better built especially the engines they got more power, i dont know why people in the U.S want JDM, there not that good, but when it comes to cars and engines that you cant get from the U.S. then JDM is the say to go

but can some1 here give me some advice?
how can i ask my parents to get me a set wheels right now? im tired of waiting

posted by  Xdriver

Hmmm first you should introduce yourself, I can relate with u because I wanted a car for ages but if you really want a car why don't you get a job and work for money to buy a car? As for powersliding with ya dads pickup I wouldnt recommend it. That's my advice, it should be interesting to see what others reply because I'm one of the nice people. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Well where are you located?

posted by  Metzger

What is wrong with people?! You don't go powersliding anyone's vehicle other than yours without their permission, and you don't have it(or you would do it around your dad). What's worse, I bet you do it on the streets don't you? Parking lots count too. You idiot. If you don't stop now, one of these days one of these power slides is gonna go wrong, and you're gonna be really sorry you were acting like a complete moron. And about your parents, no matter how much you think you do, you don't deserve a car from them. Noone deserves to have a car bought for them at 16, or any age for that matter. Get a job, be productive, but your own ride. mmkay? And quit whining to us about your parents not buying you a car, we don't want to hear it.

posted by  jedimario

Don't be a pansy and ask your parents for a ****ing car and go out and do what everyone does when they want a car...GET A JOB! i can't stand it when people whine about their parents not giving them cars...grow up

posted by  95civicdima

Um, no they're not. Your supposed to get your own ride. That way you could respect it because you know what it took to get it. Trust me, I went to a preppy rich High School where my peer's parents bought them bimers and benzs. It seemed that those that had jobs, and had not so luxorious rides lasted longer with thier rides then the rich kids (2 bimmers and 1 benz totaled). You'll have the same respect for your ride as you do now for your dads. Work your ass off like the rest of us and then buy a car. SACRIFICE a little.

Um, in case you didn't know , the EK9 is FWD, not RWD (btw, its also a compact economy car, not a sports car). :doh:

Where do you live? Because here in the States, they're both expensive.

Um ,can you prove that?? perhaps some figures could help your argument.

If youre so tired of waiting, get a F*ing JOB :cussing:

posted by  elchango36

Yeah, as everyone said, just get a job...My parents would buy me car though, IF I can get into university with a scholarship!!...And nothing fancy, probably an RSX or something...:ohcrap:

So I'm planning on starting to save up when I turn 16...

What's wrong with a diesel? I prefer them, because they have more power, and get better mileage. Also what year is the L200?

posted by  chris_knows

I'm adding one more vote to the get a job idea. What kind of spoiled little bitch expects there parents to buy them a car? I did, and I never got it from them. Served me right. I had to get a job.

posted by  PontiacFan27

id also say get a job. When i got my first car my parents bought it for me but i was working and had to pay them back every penny of it there is nothing worng with working :thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

I have to agree with the others. Get a job. Why would your parents buy you a car just because you graduated? Or when you turned 16? You turned 16 because you walked this earth for 16 years absorbing knowledge. Have these 16 years been a waste have you not learned that they are not obligated to buy you a car? If you are going to get anywhere in life, get your own god dammed car. I'm still paying mine off, 14,000 to go and im damn proud i got so much of it paid off.

Powerslide in you parent's pickup huh? Why don't you let me powerslide in your car when you get it? Oops i nicked the guard rail while drifting around the corner, scraped your bumper against the guy i was racing with. Oops. How would you like that?

posted by  aerith

Get a Job and cut that hair you damb hippe.

posted by  x1/9-rally

I think he scared him away :laughing:

And why does it say he has 1 post, if he also introduced himself? :screwy:

posted by  chris_knows

Go save some money like I did and get a car. Thats what everyone does, a car wont just drop out of the sky into your driveway.

posted by  newyorker

If your parents really loved you they would get you a car, sorry to break it to ya but your probably adopted or the middle son so they dont really care about you that much, i know it hurts...time heals all wounds :mrgreen:

p.s get a hair cut and get a real job, get it togather like your big brother bob........... :mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

You related?

posted by  newyorker

well... getting a job is not an option cus over here the jobs that i can do here without being a high school graduate is working as a vendor or a cashier etc. and the people who do that here are all in the poor class, and i live in a 3rd world country were pay sucks, and im from a high class family and i go to a high class school were everyone is rich, you know what i mean?
my parents dont get me a care yet cus they are too busy to look, and they keep on forgetting and the truck that i use is kinda old yet durable, and i never crashed or messed up yet, and my dad barely uses it cus he has a couple of other trucks and cars that he likes to use like his mitsubishi strada
and i wouldnt be doing powerslides if it were dangerous, i always check the intersection before doing it
and USDM is better on a few conditions, like quality and stuff
is it bad to high rev a diesel?
and i did introduce myself
im from the philippines
its much different here than in the U.S.
i know the ek9 is an economic care, but has lots of potential though for drag racing, over here we like to use these kinda cars for drag racing cus there easier to get modified from the machine shop
the l200 is a 1992 model double cab
and i drive the way i drive cus im more comfortable with it, there are no speed laws or anything, so its all good and i wouldnt be driving crazy like that if i knew it was not safe, ive been driving since i was 11, i know what im doing

posted by  Xdriver

Well that's not broken-up I'm trying to learn the language English, that's 6000LE English. Although, they may speak English over there, I think I heard that once. And if he was in one of these "high-class" families, he'd know English better than that anyway. So I don't believe you. But even if it is true, you should still get a job and quit whining to us, driving in that fashion on public streets is idiotic if you've been driving for millions of years, no matter what the laws are, and if if it's just absolutely impossible for you to get a job, you should at least do some research so you can tell your parents what you have in mind. They'll be alot happier to look at 2 or 3 cars than hundreds. So shut up and go whine somewhere else. Better yet, take that last bit of advice. Comon, you have internet access, right?

posted by  jedimario

Hahahaha. That's got to hurt.

Look dud most of us have been there, but to tell you the truth you would be alot happier and appreciate your car even more when you buy your own. :smoke:

posted by  speeder

I know I do. I love my neon even tho its not the best but I just love having my own car, being able to get where I want, plus only about 30 people in my school have cars...out of 2500

posted by  newyorker

Your parents are too busy to look for cars for you? Why don't you go around and look for cars, and when you find them, have them come, and buy it for you...Although if you get a part-time job (so you could still go to school)...then you would buy it yourself, and wouldn't try any of that 2F2F stuff, like power sliding, and jumping broken bridges, and hiding under trucks :laughing: :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

Sounds like you're just full of yourself. Getting a job would hurt your rich boy image? Rich to you is dirt poor to us in the states, so get over it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Just because you are from a "rich" family, it doesnt mean your parents are going to buy you a car. You can't get a job, because you are rich? You know why your country is still a third world country? Because there is people like you. Don't be so damn arrogant, it doesnt matter whos rich or whos not, still people. A job's a job, if people will look down on you because you are working , then they deserve to live in a third world country. You are growing up, you can't stay sitting around for your whole life. If you don't get a job, your country's economy is going to stay in the crapper for a while, because its filled with people like you who are taught these ridiculous social status crap.

posted by  aerith

My mommy and daddy make 20 american dollars a year combined, I'm too good to have a job :orglaugh:

posted by  PontiacFan27

That was kinda mean..

posted by  jedimario

:stupid:

posted by  aerith

I also agree it was kinda, but it was a joke, come on, lighten up...

:wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Well I've got a friend from the Phillipines, and it's not that bad at all form what he tells me.

posted by  jedimario

I doubt it is, a tropical island, with beautiful women, but still...it's a joke/
http://www.glenelgscuba.com.au/travelpics/phillipines.jpghttp://203.151.217 .75/thairath1/2548/hotissue/hotnews/may/missuniverse/gallery/fittings_2/ima ges/phillipines.jpg :drool:

posted by  chris_knows

:hi: :wink2:

posted by  newyorker

Are you goin straight now? :laughing:

posted by  Pythias

I only paid for 1/2 of my car. But for the 1/2 that i paid i worked to make it. i have had a job since i was 15. people are often jealous that i have such nice things and the fact that i paid for most of it makes me feel better b/c my hard work paid off. :thumbs:

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

lintik pare! masyadong tikalon naman!
anong hambal sa iyo kanina! mag hambal sa iyong parente na gusto na gusto mo mag bakal ng salakyan!
translation
damn friend! you are so arrogent!
what did i tell you a while ago! ask your parents that you really really want a car and to just buy you one!

i know this guy, he is my batchmate(same year) as me, he likes to joyride all the time, i know cus i go sometimes cus im bored
ya he is really rich, but i he is not responsible though
he is one of the most wreckless and most show offy(cant find a word) person when it comes to driving!

posted by  machspeed

A) How the **** did you survive to be 16 with that grammar and spelling? Guess you expect Mommy and Daddy to do everything for you. I bet that his Mommy still wipes his ass for him too.

B) Get a job. Yes, I got my first car bought for me...early graduation present, a '91 sundance. Whee. But now, after two years of working, I am driving a brand new car, something within my budget - 2005 SX 2.0

C) Whine and bitch some more. Take the bus you ****er. You haven't had a bus ride until it takes an hour or more to get school, and that's in the summer, try winter bus riding with no heaters, and getting stuck. You won't get sympathy out of me.

D) Get your head on straight, life does NOT come on a silver platter.

posted by  dodgerforlife

No, I' don't. I thought you really wanted a car. I thought you wanted a car bad.

Ah, there it is. GET A JOB!!!

What trying you to say???? Your parents don't care? No one else cares! GET A JOB!

If your so stinkin' rich, why don't you drive the Benz to school. Oh, maybe you don't have one. I C. :thumbs:

The best "cares" for DRAG racing are RWD. FWD has its limits.

posted by  elchango36

Can a mod check their IPs, because I two people who know each other, joining at the same time...

posted by  chris_knows

im not new ive been here for a couple of months, i told this guy about this place, we go to the same internet cafe, we see each other a lot

posted by  machspeed

I feel bad for you. :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

yep and im gonna need to deal with him tomorrow at school, sucks for me! He likes to stick on you like a fly over poop

posted by  machspeed

Get a swatter, and hit him in the head. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

My apologies, didn't see when you had joined...but you've seriously known him for a while, without inflicting harm on him? :laughing:

Are you only friends with him because he buys you nice stuff? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

:orglaugh: :orglaugh:
That would do it for me. I think at some point I would resort to

posted by  newyorker

hhahahah this is a funny thread, im reading this and cracking up.

posted by  Stem

i threw a chair at him back in grade 3, i forgot why though

posted by  machspeed

lol. crazy Phillipinos..

posted by  jedimario

we are not crazy, we just like to have fun, haha

posted by  machspeed

So youre whoring here to tell usa bout it? Why not make a post and contribute to the thread.

posted by  newyorker

i cant say much my mom bought me my first car it was a 77 mustang but the only reason why is because i sold my ktm dirt bike that i bought with my own money to help her out with the morgage

posted by  84gprix

I believe a congratulations is in order :laughing: :clap:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message