1994 but still want to make it a tiger

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  1994 but still want to make it a tiger

I have a 1994 eclipse that is only a SOHC GS. i want to but a venom chip in it and i was wondering if there where any that wold add more than a 25% increese in horsepower. i know its really stupid but im even considering putting a turbine on it. i dont have enough to afford a DOHC so im hoping that if i run a compression test on it and it dose decent i can pull this off... any seggestions on chips and turbos for a SOHC 1.8L ?

posted by  Core-Downhill

:orglaugh: :orglaugh:

Good luck. I'd get a 4G63 turbo swap. Its pricey, but thats the best motor to work with in an Eclipse.

And if by "turbine" you mean the turbonator, dont waste your time.

posted by  PontiacFan27

turbonator is bullshit so is that stupid chip, my friend bought a turbonator its like a little fan .......... so gay

posted by  ToshoRcing

i just looked that up and it looks like itll be a challange... engen mounts and compuer set up will be a bitch if i try to fit that DOHC in my car wont it? i dont exactally have a shop to work out of although i love to do everythnig myself... i bought my car last year at 16 for about 2k i saved from working the farm for two years and right now im just kinda looking for cheep horspower.
any other suggestions? :ohcrap:

posted by  Core-Downhill

It's not expensive at all compared to other engines in other cars you have to swap. The engine itself is dirt cheap, imported from japan with 40-60k miles on it'll cost MAYBE $1400-$1500 WITH tranny, ecu, everything he would need.

posted by  thunderbird1100

can you give me some kinda link or site where i could find that engen and trany?

posted by  Core-Downhill

just type in jdm engines in google or some other search engine and you will get plenty of sites :thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

I was referring to it being expensive compared to what his post made seem like his spending budget was. Im sure hed need it installed, so labor would make it pricey.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Import shops around here charge no more than a grand (some $750-$800) for 4g63T swaps into DSMs, because they are pretty damn easy to do. It's not like this is going to be a $5000 affair, probably can make it under $2500 quite easily.

He said he was thinking of turboing it, so obviously he was willing to spend some money. And doing the 4g63T swap is actually about the same price...plus, it seems he is interested in the swap, afterall, he said THIS:

Which, here you go Core...

http://www.nippon-motors.com/Performance%20Engines.htm
http://www.japandomesticmotor.com/
http://www.importpowerhouse.com/JDM_motors.htm

posted by  thunderbird1100

Before you go into using big words like "engine" and "cheap" and "computer" maybe you should first finish basic English before tackling those toughys :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Sometimes known as toughies. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

:doh: I was wondering if I spelt it right

posted by  99integra

Sometimes know as spelled.

SPELT, noun: hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe for livestock feed

posted by  vwhobo

**** it I quit :doh:

posted by  99integra

****, sometimes known as f*ck. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Smart ass :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Alrighty thanks guys it helps alot im just tired of being underpowered. i dont "race" other people i just enjoy driving cars and knowing i have control over them.. when i was 2 i pulled my dads 66 el camino out of gear and almost killed my mom when she was preg with my little brother... then when i was 4 i worked the jack when my dad was putting a new engen in a chev luv. he sais he was in the engen bay in such a way that if i lowered the engen jack to much i would have pinched his arms and legs... my dads owned 89 cars in his life and i can give you a list a pic of every one... all he did was buy them fix them up and sell them i was to do the same but my knowledge on cars isent that great. my dad has taught me as much as he can but now he livees far away. he used to race on a dirt track in sheridan wyoming and won driver of the year in 1998 i think it was... no out his car class (which was street stock) but all models.. which wwas awesoem beause now i have his trophie... well i dont want to give a biography on m life but basicall i like the imports and i love to race downhill by myself
Ricky (16)
1994 mitsubishi eclipse SOHC 1.8L
1986 buick grand national
1969 chev pick up (restoring)
P.S. he dident sign the titeles in his name when he bought them he just left them blank and ade the person he sold it to sign them so he adveraged about 7 cars a year when i thin kthe limit is 5

posted by  Core-Downhill

i know this is a double post i suck at life, but i was browsing that 4G63 engen and it makes it sound like it has to be an AWD my eclipse is only the GS so its FF... would this engen work with the tranie i have now? :ohcrap: :banghead:

posted by  Core-Downhill

Comes with transmission. And im not sure but i think you can mate it with RWD parts.

posted by  aerith

so your saying i would have to find a AWD version of my car (GSX) rob and swap the 2 rear ends?

posted by  Core-Downhill

can any one help me out on this one im not reall sure how i would go about this if i have to toataly swap out the whole drive train then it wont be worth it would it? im looking for results but my original post was just asking about a turbo and a chip

posted by  Core-Downhill

no the 4g63 engine is not only all wheel drive they also use it for the gs-t which is front wheel, ok first off is the 4g67 motor a JDM motor or is it a USDM motor like the 420A that is put in all of the DSM'S? If it is a USDM motor then you will most likely run into a lot of problems trying to swap it out for a JDM 4g63 because everything is on the opposite side of the motor, since it is a 1.8liter you will probably have problems putting in the 2.4liter which is what the 4g63 is and do not forget that gsx's and gs-t's are not dsm's(Diamond star motors) Now you could swap in the 420A motor 2.0liter DOHC nowhere near as much HP as the 2.4 seeing as how the 2.0l's are n/a and obviously you will need a new transmission seeing as how the one you have will not fit.

posted by  mx3_monster

Your Message