wat sould i do to my civic

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  wat sould i do to my civic

hey i got a 96 civic cx hatchback and was wondering wat sould i do..im plaing to get a swap in later years.

posted by  sky88

I'd suggest swapping the engine first...but if you don't want to, depends on your budget...how about a new exhaust?

posted by  chris_knows

Engine swap. The CX has 106 horsepower and 103 torque, and thats not a good engine to start with at all IMO. I would do a B16a or B18 swap before you start anything, because if you get an intake, headers, port and polish.etc.etc. it might not fit for the next engine you get (intake, headers...not port and polish that will just be winded money). My suggestion. Save the bucks now, and get that swap first, and that alone will give you a good base to start from.

posted by  newyorker

Save for the swap, but in the meantime if you HAVE to do mods, work on the suspension and wheels/tires. DON'T waste money on the D series.

posted by  thunderbird1100

yah i was think to save for the B18C1 swap.

posted by  sky88

K24 :thumbs:

posted by  Bino

Waste of money, B18B2 = better sdtarting point and for a HELLUVA lot cheaper.

That's a more expensive swap than the B18C1!

Bad idea, unless you have endless cash flow and are willing to be without a vehicle for a long time. Swapping in the newer K series motors isn't at all easy to the older Civics...

Drive it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

well isnt the b18b1 weaker then the b18c1?
and how is the c1 a waste of money?

posted by  sky88

Your Message