posted by  speeder

I just love the new one...and if it comes with that 450hp engine :drool:

Just try saying no to that:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/skyline6.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

I'll take an R32

posted by  PontiacFan27

Why is there advertising in your sig??
BTW pontiacfan, why R32? Why not the 33 or 34?

posted by  newyorker

The R32 in my opinion looks better as far as looks go. The new GTR has an interesting look to it but with that 450hp engine who cares if it has a porcelian dragon as a hood ornament.

posted by  Spanky2324

R34 by far the best looking SKYLINE in my opinion...

posted by  nissanTFsx

R32 Forever, closely followed by the R34.

posted by  GreekWarrior

I like it, but I just made a thread about it only 2 or 3 days back :laughing: . Cant go wrong with 450HP for 70k. Plus the timeless "Skyline" name. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

What do you mean by 450hp for 70k? That's next to nothing for that money. You could have 3 cars well over 500hp for 70k. And thats talking mostly have the cars worked on at shops not your own labor.

posted by  Pythias

505 for 65k :hi:

I prefer the looks of the R32.

posted by  PontiacFan27

And what 3 500 horsepower cars can you get for 70k? Its just the fact that its a Skyline also :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

Is that not one and the same thing? :laughing: . Well Pythias said u can get 1500 horsepower for 70k, so im waiting on that theory

posted by  newyorker

We have ourselves someone who learned about cars from the Fast and Furious I see. "because its a skyline," lame.

Corvette Z06 for one.

posted by  PontiacFan27

i think pythas ment that you could have 3 seperate cars at over 500hp with a combined cost of 70k or less...

posted by  pik_d

500 horsepower each?

posted by  newyorker

I did not :oops: . :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

what does that say to you? it seems to say to me 3 seperate cars over 500hp, grand total 70k.

i remember one of the older members saying that they setup an autocrossing foxbody for around $5,000 with a crazy amount of power (dont remember claimed figures), so i do NOT doubt that it can be done, even with the work being at shops.

posted by  pik_d

Im sure you can just get either 3 300ZX TTs or 3000GT^ VR4s and stick em with some mods totalling under 70k

posted by  newyorker

exactly... so when you said "Cant go wrong with 450HP for 70k.", that really wasnt a well thought out statement... :hi:

posted by  pik_d

Oh wait I forgot I'm a honda boy now, NSX over any GTR! :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Honda buy huh? Does your car have V-TAK? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Exaclty I do not know how you didn't understand that 6000le

posted by  Pythias

You could have alot of cars with over 500 hp for 70k, modified. Not in stock form where its reliable and easy to drive in the real world.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Mystical japanese writing on the fuel cover too. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I was simply pointing out 70k for a 450hp car is not that great. Even so if it is realiable, I wonder what most people would take, A handful of faster cars, that don't necessarily have to be unreliable. Or one 450hp car, supposedly reliable, even though it hasn't hit the roads yet.

posted by  Pythias

A car from the factory is going to be more reliable than a modified car. It'd be nice to have a fast car that will last on the road rather than a handful of fast cars that wont.

posted by  PontiacFan27

So your saying that no modified car can be reliable for a handul of miles? I for one disagree with you, as I'm sure there are others that will.

posted by  Pythias

While its true that they dont last AS long, its certainly not that they will just turn to junk

posted by  newyorker

New Skyline's pretty cool, but like the others, I'd take an R32. By the way, have any Skylines been sold through Nissan in America ever? Just curious.

posted by  moostang104314

If a car is modified that much where it sees that much power? Yes. Cars modifed that much arent intended for street use. You'd have to upgrade all moving parts for the car to be able to reliably handle all of the power, especially if the car already has seen alot of road time.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message