Sr20det...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Sr20det...

anybody knows what kinda Spark plugs are used on a Black Top SR20DET motor?

is it hard to install a short throw shifter on a 240 w/ SR20?

do u guys know where the oil filter is located on an SR20? and what kinda oil filter is used on an SR20?

thnx yall...

posted by  nissanTFsx

Quote:anybody knows what kinda Spark plugs are used on a Black Top SR20DET motor?

is it hard to install a short throw shifter on a 240 w/ SR20?

do u guys know where the oil filter is located on an SR20? and what kinda oil filter is used on an SR20?

Factory plugs should be NGK brand but don't recall the number

Installing a short throw shifter should not be difficult

The oil filter should be found on the passenger side of the engine topside near the rear right along the intake where it mounts to the head at an angle and the nissan filter should be 15208-31u00. That is the part # if I recall correctly

Hope I was helpful

posted by  gawlevi

Sorry double post (can delete this one)

posted by  Golddragoner

As for the spark plugs...where I live there is no other brand than NGK here...so I would assume that since NGK is by far the most common and probably the cheapest brand it would be the best choice to put in...If you go to an auto parts store you can just ask the salesman which ones you need, they will get them for you. Iridium spark plugs are really good(I have them). They actually do increase power and torque a little bit

For the oil filter just look for something sticking out thats round. Shouldn't be too hard

for the short throw shifter...doesn't it come with instructions to install them?

posted by  Golddragoner

the oil filter does not just stick out - it is a bit hard to see and a bit difficult to get to.
But like I said is located on the passenger topside of the engine near the rear where the intake manifold attatches to the cylinder head.

posted by  gawlevi

-NGK Iridium IX Plugs I have one link where you can buy so go find better prices with this.http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/misc_tune.html

-havent played with many shifters yet so good luck on that.

-oil filter link http://www.websorcerer.com/GeekOut/
located on the rear engine where intake manifold is attatched to the cylinder head.

posted by  nightroad

Your Message