modifying my lude little help please...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  modifying my lude little help please...

ya my car is old... 1989 to be precise. its not ancient but it is old. just old enough for half the parts that i need to modify it are no longer made. so i would appreciate any tips on how to modify a 1989 honda prelude S. your helpful hints would be greatly appreciated
-jazzy

posted by  Black_Majik123

i assume from the lack of posts that no one can think of a way to modify an 89 so... hm... what type of engines do you think i could put in it?

Not that nobody wants to help you on it, but nobody knows exactly what you want? Power, style, handling, etc...

Also your budget was not specified...

I'll PM you a link I came across that might interest, and would be considered advertising, due to the redundant rules of helping somebody without showing what they need :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

CAI, headers, cat-back exhaust.

check on cardomain.com or ebay

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

ah yes good point. allow me to be specific. since the parts for my car are for the most part no longer manufactured i would like info pretaining to what type of engine will fit in my car for the greatest possible ammount of horsepower. also i would like to tune my suspension to best accomidate mountain passes. and finally i would like tips as to how to turn my car from an automatic to a manual. as far as budget goes i dont exactly have a limit but i dont want to spend more than about $10,000.

well if u have 10k my best advice to u would be buy like an integra GSR or maybe a 97-01 lude. Then from there u can just mod it.... seems like u wanna do an engine swap and u want to swap to manual trans... I think it would be a better choice to just buy one of those two cars there with a manual transmission... :2cents:

posted by  V-Tec

With a 10k budget v-tech is right...just get a newer car and start from there

i believe i changed my name to v-tec a while ago but watever

posted by  V-Tec

lol good point but i would prefer to mod the one i have... its my first car plus i have quite the score to settle with this car before i try to get a new one... (i guess you could call this foolish pride...) on top of that this 10,000 is the last im going to be able to come up with for a while (at least 4 years since im going to college) and if i get a new car stock its not good enough for the guys i have a beef with...

Why not just get a B18 engine, in place of the B20 (I think) that you have now...and then get a turbocharger, and for switching from automatic to stick, look around...I wasn't able to find anything on google, but check out your library or look some more on the internet...
At least that's what I'd do
:2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

I think an H22A swap is in order :2cents:

Check this link out for info on production honda engines, http://www.streettuners.com/curve/engine/engine_specs.html

posted by  PontiacFan27

hm... actually that was the engine i thought about getting but i cant find one anywhere (ive looked in all the scrap yards in my state) concidering the fact that its a new engine the scrap yards may not be the best place to look so any advice?

Ebay or a Honda forum.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Definatley Ebay is my favorite. and yes the H22a is the best way, my brother has an all motor H22a Accord(4dr). its VERY fast, i can barley handle it. Being that the Prelude is lighter than my brothers 4dr accord it will be a good motor for it. i heard it wasnt to hard to swap it in to your Gen prelude. good luck.

heres a good one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-HONDA-PRELUDE-H23A-BLUETOP-ENGINE-TRANS- H22-H22A4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQitemZ8024793349QQrdZ1

posted by  NizmoFreak

really?! whod you hear that from? do you know where to find kits for it? if so let me know... i just got done searching for the past few days and ya it turned up a bunch of nothing...

didn't know the h mattered that much..but sorry dude...didn't notice or really care that you changed it...actually if i remember right i was on the side telling you to keep it b/c what other people say or do should matter to you...especially when its something as dumb as a username :smoke:

thanx for the sites they helped alot. i have two more questions though (this may seem silly but i've never installed an engine b4) do the mounts come with the engine (h22a)and if so will they fit? will the mounts for my old engine fit the new?

look in the classified in this forum. there is an h22 for sale in there! :mrgreen:

posted by  glagon1979

Your Message