2F2F Eclipse

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2F2F Eclipse

Greetings,

I found this on ebay and would like opinions (not interested in buying, just curious what people think).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-Eclipse-Movie-Star-2-FAST-2-FURIOUS-THE-U LTIMATE_W0QQitemZ4598426004QQcategoryZ6352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think that it's a great deal. It has very low mileage, manual, and very impressive in the power department (turbo, etc). Also, the paintjob looks great! What do you all think?

PS. I hope this is not considered advertising. I have no interest in others buying it.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Wow, somebody should be put in jail for defacing such a wonderful car (a low mileage factory turbo DSM at that). I wouldn't be seen driving down the street in it.

It's overstated, gaudy, and amazingly weighed down by all the crap in it.

posted by  Bino

ugly they should have left the stock motor alone and have not put the turbo on it and the paint job is horrific

posted by  mx3_monster

It's pretty nice looking...I wouldn't like to drive it, but I still would, kind of like the VW Beetle, I'd only drive it for the hell of driving it, and being desperate :laughing:

That paint job is pretty nice, it would be a bitch to paint...

"NOS" type nitrous oxide, and the interior is nice, along with the sound system...it's like a show car, with power...

I'd take it if I had the money, anyone want to spot me $21,000? :laughing:

It's all personal preference...the guy liked it so he made it for his own enjoyment...

:2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

That's a 4G63, it rolled out of the factory with a turbocharger.

posted by  Bino

it may be ugly but everyone has their own style and things that they like on their ride, i don't think he cared what everyone thought when he got it painted like that, but yeah we all have our opinions on things

posted by  dsmracersv98

Crap. You gota be blind not to know thats not a car from the movie. i saw the behind the scenes. There are 3 cars identical in a movie.
1 is used as a frame to be put on the cameracar and driven around
second is a backup car
last is a hero car. None of them make it out of the set.
Plus the car in the movie was a convertible, with chrome wheels, and a differnet paint.
What a turd, and he says its a "Movie Star"...yea and my neon is a twin turbo beast :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Holy crap. How many times did you watch that movie? I watched up till the part where the R34 was taken out of commission and i decided it was bull crap and just stopped. I only watched it to see how else did they wreck the image of cars. Because of that movie, thousands of ricers in Vancouver start racing each other just because they have "NOS." I've smoked countless ricers in a 1508kg car. Bastards think they are fast just because they a 1 foot wing.

posted by  aerith

Ugly as hell. I'd rather get a stock GSX.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Love the paint. I realize how hard that is to do, as I've done a lot of custom paint jobs (including similar stuff on race cars). The only really cheesy thing I've seen so far is teh overspray in the doorjambs. The design should have been wrapped into the jambs. It's just a level of deatail that separates decent work from top work.

posted by  ChrisV

I actually really like that

posted by  99integra

Your starting to type like 6000LE again, oh and REREAD the description, of course you prolly didn't in the first place. He said it made a JAUNT, as in a short entry, in the movie, you really think someone with this car would claim it to be the eclipse that starred throughout the movie? DON'T THINK SO. Remember that scene where all the cars are rushing out of the garages? Yeah go back anbd re-watch that part.

Before you call BS on someone take the time to READ the full description, even if it takes 5 minutes out of your busy schedule. Or don't post at all.

posted by  Pythias

Who cares if it was in that movie. That makes we like it even less.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Ok, good for you. I think it looks pretty nice. All the work to have everything customized in it and not a flaw throughout it? Sure wouldn't be a daily driver but thats besides the point. I think it looks very original. Not many kids driving around that have the Looks AND the Speed. :2cents:

posted by  Pythias

That car doesn't have looks. Its ruined. I wanna buy it just to paint it back to black and undress the engine.

posted by  PontiacFan27

If someone can change the paint color to make it back to it's compromised, mass produced blandness, then it can't possibly be "ruined" can it?

But why bother changing that one back to stock when there are thousands of stock, identical, mass produced compromise versions on the market? Like you would have bought a stock one anyhow.

If it were a rare, one-off car that was actually valuable in stock condition, and had been modified to the point it couldn't be returned to stock, that might be "ruined."

Opinion or not, it's really narrowminded and uneducated.

posted by  ChrisV

You forgot to mention that the spyder eclipse with those horrific chrome wheels was a 2000 not a 98. Otherwise I'll take that 98 and strip it down and sell whatever I could to turn it back into the beautiful stock look it once was.

posted by  Spanky2324

Again, what would be the point when there are literally thousands of stock ones out there already? It's not a rare car that needs restoration!

That's just silly. You'd thik we were discussing a '63 Ferrari Lusso, a car that is actually rare and beautiful in stock form...

posted by  ChrisV

A real thinking man's car that one :laughing:

posted by  Wally

Hey hey the 97-99 does have a beautiful stock look thank you. I love the front of that car but the Lusso is also beautiful.

posted by  Spanky2324

I don't think he called it ugly...he just said it's not rare enough that it can't be bought in stock form.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

If you people keep ruining them there wont be any left.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Are we talking about cars, or endangered panda's? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Who the **** is you people? Are you a complete and utter pile of steaming asswaste? Who here has ruined an eclipse? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

You people encourage it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Us people dont encourage anything. All you do is instigate needles arguments.

posted by  newyorker

You're back to being Oomba, welcome back. You display little one-line sentences with opinions that are not backed by any reasons. If you want to be taken serious and not like a 14 year old girl, state why you believe what you do.

On a side-note, it is impossible to run out of stock versions of an average car since there will be also be plenty, no matter how many are "ruined."

posted by  Nissan_Altima

:clap:

posted by  newyorker

Well anyways back to the point, I think i would buy it. I like everything about it but the paint job. Nothing against the color, but im just not feeling the design.

posted by  Walt

Wait Pontiac really is Oomba?

posted by  99integra

Only so many were produced. There is not a never ending supply.

posted by  PontiacFan27

And not all of them will be turned to the "Tuner" format. Youre back to being the Oomba you were.

posted by  newyorker

Certainly passes himself off as one. :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

i would buy that car and jus go get it painted jet black. But i alos wouldnt buy it, b/c i see no point in buying a car that allready has so much done to it, thats 75% of the fun in cars, modding it and making it all your own.

posted by  ride3k

So dont buy it :2cents: . Youre very hypocritical.

So you want it.

So you dont want it.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND! :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

wow you are retarded, what i ment to show was the reasons i would buy it, it ebing a nice car, fast, good looking mods, but i have qualms about the paint job. But i dotn want to buy it b/c i would rather spend the money on either my car i have now and md it out, or get another car that i can customize and make my own. Im not actually considering buying it you friggen tard.

posted by  ride3k

Kinda hard, seeing how it ended yesterday at 5:18 :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

He probbably did buy it to replace the POS 3000

posted by  newyorker

No you just couldnt be smart enough to word your ideas properly. Keep trying there Twinky. :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

wow, ok newyorker, i think i just mioght drive cross country and race you just to see how slow your neon is, lol my 3k a POS? oh, and you got issues, come up with new insults, twink is getting old.

posted by  ride3k

Its Twinky.
Twink is a term for gay. I might just call you that from now on.
P.S. come here and prove it Sir. Twink :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

Your Message