lighten it up

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  lighten it up

hey, does anyone know where i can find lighter parts for the 3kGT? like doorpanels, hatch, hood? and also does anyone know how to completely remove the two back seats? thanks

posted by  ride3k

The bottom of the back seat should just come out with a nice tug (at least thats how it is in the neon). Then there should be some bolts there that you unscrew. Take note that with the removal of the backseat, it might get kinda noisy in the cabin.

posted by  newyorker

*cough*its not a neon*cough* the cabin and trunk are allready combined, taking the seats off is to but ill try jus ripping them out

posted by  ride3k

*Cough*I like my neon over a 3000*cough*
Give it a try see what happens. If its bolted in, then its not like ur gona break anything. Unless oyur car is VERY fragile.

posted by  newyorker

LMFAO :orglaugh: :orglaugh: :banghead: :banghead:

You would wouldnt you? An understyled unreliable underpowered econo shitbox over the beatiful 3000GT. Hahahahahaha

posted by  PontiacFan27

lol, never said neons were bad (first car i rember ever being driven in) i was just saying the cabin is allready connected to the trunk so removing the seats wouldnt change noise

posted by  ride3k

Carbon fibre--for the hood at least...but be careful because it scratches easily, and fades in the sun...

I know I had a book on how to modify cars, and there was an entire section on weight...I'll post it if I can find it :doh: :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Personal preference. So what? :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Found the book...took me a while to type it up, and pictures didn't work so here goes:

To be continued...

posted by  chris_knows

Continued...

Hope it helps :thumbs:

There's some more on static weight, unsprung weight, and centre of gravity, just ask if you want it :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message