Need Your Opinion!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Need Your Opinion!

Hi, insted of putting on a hedache of crap on my car in your opinion what do you think i can add or change to give me the most power in one modification. Like changing pistons or cams insted of changing intkae exaust then blah blah blah. something to add like 50hp without having to modify 1,000 things. Thanks!

posted by  Kris

What do you drive?

posted by  elchango36

pretty sure it's a 90 300zx auto. (his other thread)

posted by  V-Tec

50 shot of nitrous.

posted by  nsupra27

Manual transmission swap to start before you do anything. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

I've read that changing your cams was a good way to gain power...but a turbocharger would give you more...there's so many things, until you give us a budget...

posted by  chris_knows

Here's the problem. He wants an easy, no fuss 50hp. The thing is that that kind of power doesn't come easily. Even if he goes the quickest and simplest route, a plate nitrous system, he'll still be complaining about having to fill the bottle, running lines or the fact that he can't use it all the time.

Besides, 50hp on a Hot Wheels car is hard to do. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

It could be easy if he takes it to a mechanic to do...and 50 horsepower isn't that hard for a Hot Wheels car, just drop in a Yugo 45A engine :hi: :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Agreed, but if he was going to pay somebody to do it, what difference does it make how much work is involved? As for the Yugo engine theory, that'd work but you might have to beef the suspension as well...

posted by  vwhobo

Why not new headers, full headerback exhaust system, dual filter intake system (the one that you can stick 2 filters on the end of one intake pipe), changing the cam gears, and perhaps port and polishing could give him those needed ponies.
EDIT: and an ignition system.

posted by  newyorker

1. You don't know what kind of car this is being done to, so how do you know how much power this would add? Besides...

2. You'd be lucky to pick up that much power on most engines with that work. Also...

3. Read how many modifications are involved in your "suggestion". If you were taking the time to read his post (Have you heard this before? You bet you have.), you'd be aware that he want's something simple with few steps to accomplish. Your list isn't even close.

posted by  vwhobo

polishing and porting is by no means a quick job
it may be easy enough to do once you have the intake and exhaust off ,but its hours and hours of work
i polished and ported the intake and exhaust on my 454 jet boat
yeah it sounded awsome and ran great
for about 1 week till i blew the bottom end
altho it was a fun week
boat was doing 80 mph with 5 adults on board
you have to remember when beefing things up, what you increase in the top end you need to beef up or atleast freshen up the bottom end
they say those import bottom ends are indestructable
but i for one dont believe that crap!!
just my opinion take it as you wish

posted by  windman

I'd have to second the nitrous theory. A nice dry shot system should be easy to install, and you only use the power when you need it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Hello, thanks for teh replies sorry i didint input enough information i am driving a 1990 300zx NA automatic. It is all stock except for an air filter and mufflers, which dont really do anything. I can spend around 1,000 bucks on something. Is there an alternative way other than an engine swap? Also i like the transmission idea, i found a few manual transmission on ebay for a very cheap price, but only the transmission comes with it, so what else do i need i know i will need to hook up a clutch system and all of that how much do you think it would cost me if a transmission is around 400-600 dollars which has 30-60K miles on it? Thanks

posted by  Kris

N-i-t-r-o-u-s, its been said

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message