Rotors

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Rotors

whats up guys, im buying new cross drilled rotors for my car and i was wondering where I could get intructionals on how to change them.

thx

posted by  ToshoRcing

Haynes Manual. You should be able to get one at AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, etc... for around $15.

posted by  nsupra27

Google (http://google.com) is your friend

posted by  NizmoFreak

i tried google ...so that doesnt help me.

posted by  ToshoRcing

I heard you shouldn't go for cross-drilled rotors, and they tend to warp a lot...same with titanium :thumbs:

posted by  chris_knows

Really? How about providing us with some supporting documentation to back this semi-statement up. Or is this more... well you know? :doh:

Do they have car parts stores in Chicago? Then go visit one and purchase a manual.

posted by  vwhobo

Unless you're using period-correct brake pads that release gasses when hot, cross-drilled rotors don't improve performance.

If rotor holes actually are drilled instead of cast (this includes most cross-drilled aftermarket rotors), the rotors are prone to cracks, and ultimately failure around the drilled holes

BTW I didn't write it, but copied it out of a book...

Most properly made cross-drilled rotors are done by higher-end manufacturers...

Is that not true?

posted by  chris_knows

Read the post in question and the post above. Except for the subject matter (rotors) you're talking about two completely different things. Not once did you address warpage... Or titanium rotors. The tap dance may work with other 15 year olds, but not with me.

Can you support your initial statement with reputable sources, or not? My bet is not.

posted by  vwhobo

That quote was from David Vespremi...he's pretty respectable if you ask me...

I was mistaken about warpage in cross-drilled rotors, but I knew that they weren't good (at least most after-market ones)

And I didn't mean titanium rotors would warp, I meant that they were not good...

posted by  chris_knows

As odd as it may sound to you, words mean things. Read the quoted post above and then compare it to the one that started this exchange. Do they convey even remotely the same message? NO! Have you ever heard the old adage "a little knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge at all"? Right now you're pretty f*cking dangerous. Think back to that flurry of PM's we exchanged last week. Remember me telling you that those who know can readily identify those who don't know? Remember me telling you how hard it is to repair the damage done by those who pretend to know and give out sh*t information? You're guilty on both counts bucko.

Think, type, submit.

posted by  vwhobo

My message conveyed a similar message though...after-market cross-drilled rotors are very often not the best way to go...and titanium is not good for rotors either...

But I see how that could be taken the wrong way :ohcrap:

posted by  chris_knows

i bought the cross drilled ones becauce i thought they are better than regular ones...so now you are saying they suck.

posted by  ToshoRcing

I guess I shouldn't really be listened to on this, but from what I read...most are not drilled properly...check if yours are cast or drilled...

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message