Eclipse price?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Eclipse price?

I found a 1997 gsx with 320hp for $7800. its got 55k miles, power everything, 18in rims. all it needs is aome larger injectors. the car is in over all good shape. is it just me or is this a very cheap price?

posted by  farmboy108

Am I missing something or is there a lack of information here? The GSX came with 210 hp (I think). What exactly did he do to gain the other 110hp? I would be worried if he did some serious work to it since you don't know how well he did it. Also depends on who drove it. A teen would likely abuse it.

All things considered, the actual GSX is probably sellable for $7,000-7,500 range so the price he is offering (considering it's somehow modded) is pretty fair and perhaps slightly cheap, but nothing too exceptional if he really wants to get rid of it.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

That price is VERY cheap, a '97 GSX with 55K original miles would go for $10,000-$12,000 around here (unless it's an AT, in which case that's about right). Adding another 110hp to a GSX is not rocket science, an exhaust system, fuel pump upgrade, intake, bigger turbo (more boost), larger injectors, and an AFC and you can easily be pushing those figures.

posted by  Bino

For $20 a bleeder valve from home depot can add alot of power to a DSM. Besides, when a car is modded that doesnt make it worth more.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Seems really cheap. Did he give you proof that it has 320 horsepower, or was it just words.

posted by  newyorker

It doesn't according to blue book value. But to the right customer it does.

posted by  Bino

That is a good price considering that this car is modded to get that 110 hp cause most of them around my area with that much power would go for at least 5k more. Make sure you check it out fully and bring someone with you if you don't know much about it.

posted by  Spanky2324

they guy who has it has it on paper that it made 320 hp...the car was driven by a teenager for the past 10k miles...it seems to be too cheap to me

posted by  farmboy108

Your Message