3000gt

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  3000gt

I have a couple questions about a 1994 Mitsubisihi 3000gt 5 speed. What kind of common problems would show up from regular driving if the mileage is above 100,000? Is the engine and transmission easy to maintain? Would $4,800 for a 1994 SL model be a good price from a dealer? I would have more questions but I wont until I either buy one I found or get a full report on it which cost $15. Thanks for the response.

posted by  nightroad

honestaly you might want to check out the oil and water pump. usually around 150,000 they need to be changed... if they are bad and you dont replace them the berings could go out in your engen and its screwed...

posted by  Core-Downhill

.........................WOW.........................

posted by  99integra

Whats an engen? Is that anything like an engine? Do you even know what you're talking about? What bearings? Like the muffler bearing? Dont forget to check to make sure it has plenty of headlight fluid while you're making sure the engen is alright.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Yeaaaaa umm I'm sure that you have to change your tires, belts, tune up, etc... if you have 150k miles on your car you jackass :screwy:

posted by  99integra

I recently just had a 3000GT and I loved it. It had just broke 100,000 miles when I sold it, and I was having no real major problems with it. One main problem I heard about was the tranny's not holding up, but I never encountered that problem. I ran the GT kind of hard, but it's all good. Just check your normal problems with cars that have that kind of mileage. I had a pretty reliable one.. I hope you do too :thumbs:

posted by  Metzger

yup, auto tranny's give out at about 100k to 120k mile range, then keep breaking (if you rebuild instead of buy new) about every 30K miles or so. Other than that, no real problems

EDIT: im almopst at 150k miles now, stupid tranny... have to fix it soon

posted by  ride3k

Your Message