ok, this is pissing me off

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  ok, this is pissing me off

ok, i know ive said im looking into getting a 2g eclipse, which i am, but more and more recently ive been looking at the evo8 or 7. i know i cant get either of those as cheap as i can find a talon or eclipse, but my dad has told me that if i hold out till graduation (summer 07) he will help me buy a near new evo8, mostly b/c he thinks it is a nice car and likes the rally car idea/platform that the evo has. ok, now here is my question, if you were in my situation, would you rather have a 2g eclipse this summer, with little to no moeny to spend on it till next winter, or wait till two summers from now, and have a nicer, newer evo to take to college, with little worries of breaking down or anything else that could go wrong in an almost 10yr old car?

and dont bash me for asking your opinon, i want to see what you guys think, b/c i can not make up my mind, so just keep the flames down plz =P

posted by  ride3k

I think you'd stoop lower than FieroKid and Newyorker COMBINED if you didn't hold out for that Evo. :laughing:

Seriously though, wait, if you don't, in two years, you'll be kicking yourself.

posted by  jedimario

:stupid:

posted by  Pythias

rofl, i was thinking that, bout regretting it, but eh, i rele do like the look of the 2g eclipse/talon and the moding and resources is ginourmous. i havent looked into the evo modding department, but im shure it is just as, if not bigger. ugh, stupid descions, i think ill hold out. thanks guys

posted by  ride3k

They both have the same engine (4G63), and the Evo has even more tuning potential (Go to google and look up AMS evos).

Buy a beater for now (having a car is of enormous help), and hold out for the evo.

posted by  Godlaus

I say wait 2 more years...It won't be easy, but it will be worth it...:2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

go for the evo. The only thing I don't like about the evo is that it runs off premium instead of regular, but other than that its a solid car.

posted by  salimander13

they do have the same engine? surprised me, thanks for that, and ya i know about the AMS evo's, and they are pretty amazing. And i do have a car now, not a beater, but a 3kgt not in the best shape. hmm, so i will hold out then, its final, and hey, my car still beats out 90% of the cars in my schools lot, and thats all i can even worry about now, lol.

posted by  ride3k

As opposed to the eclipse? All turbo gasoline cars run off of premium.

Most definitely hold out for the evo.

posted by  Godlaus

Since you already have a car, definately hold out. Also, I don't know your dad, but is he trustable? Financially as well? Cause I mean, two years later "sorry son, changed my mind" :mrgreen:

posted by  Mathew

So you decided to wait? I think that's a good decison. You're very lucky he's going to get you a car in the first place and it won't kill you to wait a bit.

posted by  SmileLines

Wait... YOU ALREADY HAVE A CAR???? C'mon dude, gimme a break. This isn't rocket science!!! Wait it out. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

Got a car and is getting a newer one for graduation.... got agree with you man, hold out use the 3k till then and save your money

posted by  Coffin Type R

Your Message