Type R badge

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Type R badge

Well the time has come to get some more power out of my integra, after saving for many months I've finally decided to buy a Type R badge for my car. I found a great deal in japan the other day and I'm going to import it over night from there, I can't wait!

Anyway my question is where to mount the badge? I heard mounting it in different places yeilds different power gains, someone told me that the closer to the engine you put it the more power you get, so I'm thinking of mounting it in the middle of my bonnet.

Would this be a wise choice? What are your suggestions?

Oh and don't worry about traction, I plan to get a drift wing soon.

PS. I am ofcourse joking, don't take this serious I'm just bored. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

I heard that too, just put the badge over the Honda badge, it'll add weight for traction, and it's one of the best places for power...But if you're willing to get another one, you could put it on the trunk, and you've got an AWD Integra :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Don't you guys know anything? You have to get the cheap stickers so you can just stick them all over the car. I knew a guy that stuck like 30 of them on his hood and instantly got 743 hp. You can even stick them on your wheels and instantly get more traction. Stickers are the why to go IMO.

posted by  x1/9-rally

I wasn't aware that cars have bonnets :screwy:
Would he mean "hood"?

posted by  jedimario

Yeah, but in Australia, they call 'hoods' 'bonnets'...Those crazy Aussies :laughing::joking:

posted by  chris_knows

Actually, I think it would look best here:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/phot00251cf8888888888888 8882jv.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/phot00251cf8888888888888 8882jvs.gif

It'll improve aerodynamics, and handling there, and braking improve :hi:

:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

If you put it half on your hood and half on driver side fender, thats where you get the most gains. I was thinking about doing that to my T/A as well.

posted by  PontiacFan27

True, IIRC, the larger the sticker the more power it gives. For example, the Screaming Chicken hood decal the Trans Am had was worth 75 of it's horsepower at full throttle.

posted by  ChrisV

Dude what are you thinking.
TypeR is so yesterday.
Get like a Giant Sticker that says your cars name.
Like Cavalier in big whtie letters and put it that top of the windshield.
I saw some Cavalier rolling like that the other day.
If you want to get serious get an under body kit at night it will look like a ufo and be almost as fast. My friend probe got a 100hp gain out of under glows alone not to mention all the extra traction

posted by  Aondor

Plus those crazy hand painted brake calipers.... that increases your stopping power. Geez you guys always thing about power and speed, never thinking about handling performance...

posted by  Voda48

actually, it is not widely known, but it adds even more hp if you misspell the name of the car. such is the case of the "bad ass camero" i saw the other day... giant letters on the back window...

posted by  dodger65

Haha thanks guys, I'm getting window wiper spoilers as well, more traction will help. Good to see chrisV getting into it. :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Got the high performance seat covers and battery covers to boot? They can give some serious power

posted by  Coffin Type R

You're so dumb. Handling and braking are completely different things.

NOW FOR HANDLING, cutting the springs yield the best handling.

posted by  PontiacFan27

What about heating them to lower it :laughing: :hi:

posted by  99integra

I just got insight put some like neone sticks on yoru wipers to make them glowy! THen you won't even need headlights.
You guys are forgetting the most powerful thing availabe fake dual exhaust

posted by  Aondor

With coffee can exhaust tips...then it's like dropping in 4 turbos, and 2 superchargers :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

pssh come on you guys... what u really need is some of those plastic spinnerz (hub caps)from walmart...

posted by  V-Tec

no way the way to go is a LED exhaust tip

posted by  mx3_monster

Good idea, so then not only will poeple be able to hear my coffee can at night they'll also be able to see it!

posted by  GreekWarrior

Maybe if you had the type-r badge plus a GTR badge you would gain so much power that the chasis would start to twist :laughing:

posted by  Spanky2324

Do they make " Vtec V8 Rotory" badges?

posted by  GreekWarrior

Jesus talk about whoring :roll:

posted by  99integra

I'd get NOS stickers too but you might want to make sure your floorboards are secure, and you're piston rings are new so me and the mad scientist dont have to rip apart the block to replace them.

posted by  PontiacFan27

and of course a huge APC sticker across your windshield :thumbs:

posted by  mx3_monster

my list of mods for your car:

paint the hood black to give extra aerodynamics and weight reduction
paint your calipers blue at front red at back (reason for this is so that the front brakes dont overheat as quickly)
LEDs all over
A nismo sticker at the front
a ralliart sticker at the rear
an RE Amemiya sticker on the door panels
and a Rotang Clan sticker instead of the honda badge at front
oh and V8 killer as your plate number

posted by  ahoo

Your Message