advice on buying a car

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  advice on buying a car

I am going to buy a car soon from a private seller, but I'm not sure what I want to get... I want a good looking car, could be models from '90 to '00 that looks hot, i'm willing to bodykit it, but looking for a cheap base model that i can build off of. Any ideas on what I should get? My budget is like $5,000 and under 100k miles, any idea of a car I could get around there?

posted by  Chopsui

Looks hott, what about speed? Sports car? You were still very general. You always have the V6 Mustangs Camaros and Firebirds. They make bodykits for most of them.

posted by  Pythias

I don't really care about speed as long as it gets to 75+ mph, i'm being very general because I want a wide variety of suggestions, and thanks for your input. I'm lookin more for something in the import scene, I have a job and I wanted to slowly upgrade it myself. so what are some good base models to build from?

suggestions like rsx, civic, accord, etc

posted by  Chopsui

Try looking for an 240sx the S13 I think is the one up to 91?

posted by  99integra

Did you think about an eclipse

posted by  IwantaSti

Don't body kit an Eclipse.

posted by  Bino

get a 300zx. :orglaugh:

posted by  nightroad

DSM's and 240sx are both good cars to start out with cause they have alot of aftermarket support. You didn't mention if this was going to first car or if you prefer RWD,FWD, or AWD. If its your first car and you don't know a lot about cars I'd go with the 240sx cause their not as tight as a DSM so the 240sx will be alittle easier to work on IMO.

posted by  x1/9-rally

i think accord is best and fill all your needs

posted by  omaish

I'd go with a Civic DX or a first gen Talon DL.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message