Got it

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Got it

Finally with hard earned money I got a 1994 3000gt SL for $2500(I owned the indian owner) and its $2000 off what kelly blue book would have priced. Starting to gather info and parts to fix her up. Ill give a 1-2 week update and pictures. :smoke:

posted by  nightroad

Congrats on the car, got any pics, other than your sig? :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

I left the car at the guys place cause DMV's closed today and tomorrow(holiday). So Ill probably get some pictures sometime this week.

posted by  nightroad

nice job on the buy - even though im not an import driving, it will be interesting to see that car when your done with it. For the love of god, don't make it rice-a-roni....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Thanks and no way it will not turn into a rice-a-roni. Im restoring with about 80-95% to its original. Only thing Id change is a new grill at the bottom front so the radiator doesnt get ruined by flying debri, better air filter, and a new tranny when this one goes bad. But I wont be sure until I start taking pieces apart.

posted by  nightroad

The 3000GT is my favorite car. I slightly prefer the VR4, but would take any of the three any day of the week. How many miles on it and is it automatic or manual?

Other than that, congrats! It's an amazing price and good luck customizing it. What are the plans?

EDIT: Just to clarify, by favorite I mean if I could have one car within my budget, it'd definetely be the 3000GT.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I prefer the vr4 but with my low budget i need to buy the parts and tools so..
Im restoring with about 80-95% to its original. Only thing Id change is a new grill at the bottom front so the radiator doesnt get ruined by flying debri, better air filter, and a new tranny when this one goes bad.
Once I earn a bigger budget and have my own car shop, I will sandblast the whole car, then paint job- either put a black paint or a maroon(with a lil more red). If possible convert it to a vr4(really high budget) engine, manual, and 4wheel drive. Ill keep the exterior shape the same(not have a big spoiler) except put a grill at the bottom front bumper.

posted by  nightroad

Your Message