ebay springs

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  ebay springs

I have an '03 Mitsubishi Galant and want to do a few little upgrades. I would like first to lower it with some ebay coilover springs. Will i need to adjust camber or alignment with my galant? I of course am going to get a cold air intake and exhast seeing as this is a four banger. What should i do with it to get a noticable hp gain, like maybe 20-30 that wont kill my wallet?

posted by  bebopin64

I smell rice. Intake and Exhaust will give you around 15. If you want performance, go for racing headers, port and polish, intake, and I would work on the underdrive pulley and motor mounts give you a more crisp feel (the hard ones). I dont understand why the traditional mods on a "4-banger" are intake and exhaust. Exhaust you dont need to change for a while.

posted by  newyorker

you always have to get a big bore exhast with a 4 banger so you can pretend like you have displacement because your engine sounds louder.

posted by  bebopin64

Your right, just like neon guy wanted to do right alex? Did you ever do that? I can't remember only remember you wanting to do it.

posted by  Pythias

Yep, a Cold Air Intake and an Exhaust are just RICE. Absolutely NO power, ALL looks. If you want power, why don't you just get some LED's into the vents? Now THEN you fly. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Coilover springs do work from what I was told. I remember asking a question about these and ChrisV mentioned some racers (don't remember exactly, sorry) using them. After you do the lowering, you will need to do the alignment but that's nothing new as lowering usually brings about alignment.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

:laughing: :laughing: :clap: :clap:

I remember that thread you asked if you had to get your alignment done every...2-3 months because alex told you that. He was wrong, but i can see how someone could misunderstand that.:thumbs:

posted by  95civicdima

Not necessarily. If you want a 3 inch exhaust, its useless. They are used for turbo cars, because with the stock motor you need pressure when the exhaust is working. (at least i heard sometihng like that). A 3 inch in a non turbo car will either do very little, nothing, or actually reduce performance.

posted by  newyorker

Wow you know my name. I think I was looking for a 2.5 from my stock 2.25 and that would have helped. I went to modernperformance.com and the 3 inch exhaust they said is turbo only, but the non turbo ones are all 2.5

posted by  newyorker

They do give power, but not the kind of power he wants. An intake is the first mod to do. I would stick with the stock exhaust unless its in bad shape. Port and polish costs anywehre from 200-500 for the head and intake mantifold, and gives a big gain. The key for making first power gains is opening up the restrictions.

posted by  newyorker

They WILL throw off your alignment. Depending how you drive and where you drive, you might actually have to adjust it every once in a while.

posted by  newyorker

Really? Now wait re-read what you just said. For 20-30 hp an Intake and Exhaust won't do it? Are you sure about that? I think not. On a basically stock motor they don't add much but it will only be about one mroe modification away from the 30hp. how much do intakes add? 5-15 on mostly stock motors. And up to 30hp for better intakes and or modded cars. Exhaust? around 5-15 as well. So lets say they add 10hp each. Well hey there thats all he wanted isn't it? You are just arguing to argue aren't you? I Can back up my statements can you? And suppose these mods only added 5 hp each well hes halfway there. Catback exhausts add much more around 15-30hp on a mostly stock motor. Again you are either simply proving your ignorance here, or arguing for the sake of arguing. :thumbs:

posted by  Pythias

So technically on my car if I get an Iceman Intake and a Performance 3 inch exhaust, youre saying I will be at 170 horsepower? Not likely.

posted by  newyorker

Re-read my post you nitwit, then when you have read it ALL then maybe you will see what I am saying.

posted by  Pythias

:stupid: not only is what you said stupid, it shows you didn't bother to read through Pythias' post.:banghead:

posted by  elchango36

CAI and exhaust are always a great place to start because the stock exhaust and intake on most cars is very restrictive. The car needs to breathe well to make good power.

posted by  OombaIsBack

wow, ok guys DONT BUY A THRRE INCH PIPE UNLESS YOU HAVE A TURBO!!! urgent bulitne, more breathing room ===== less power, or negative power gains, whatch out!!

newyokr,er stop pretending you no what your talking about and go buy some more stupid looking LED's. or just get sum neons for under your car, i heard they improve performance!

posted by  ride3k

Thank you, Someone had the extra minute it took to read the whole post.

posted by  Pythias

I read your whole post. But youre forgetting one thing. His car isnt really a popular tuner car, so some of the parts might be hard to find, and if you can find them, they might be custom made, and therefore might cost more. He doesnt want to break his budget. Port and polish basically costs the same for most cars.

posted by  newyorker

I do have a cold air intake on my car...it adds a little bit more power but I was going for the better gas mileage (not sure yet cuz its only been in for 100km) It gives a nice sound when its floored though(kinda like a BMW at high rev :)) anyway it doesn't add as much as I'd like but what can I expect for $40. Don't want to mod the engine big either because I don't think I'll have the car for long(looking to get a CRX instead)

posted by  Golddragoner

A ford Fiesta isn't a popular tuning car. This car simply isn't that main stream. By no means if you take a minute to google it you won't find anything. They make parts for MANY cars and this is a mitsubishi import at that. Basically what your going off is opinion I'm sure you haven't even looked it up. :thumbs: Keep that tap dancing going. :sleep:

posted by  Pythias

So leave it alone. Save that money aside for the CRX

posted by  newyorker

Looks live ive been proven wrong....again:banghead:

posted by  newyorker

if i lower my car 2-3" will i need a camber kit or any kind of kit for that matter? will i simply need to do some adjustments?

posted by  bebopin64

depends on how you lower it, and if u get the camber kit with the shocks (some companies do that, sell them as a set for a lil bit cheaper, but i cant recall any off hand)

and newyorker, i see you neglect to back up your reasoning for not getting a 3" exhaust system? are you to busy smooking the "hooka" or just that retarded?

posted by  ride3k

I actually bought a hooka of my own

MPx 3" Turbo Exhaust
For Turbocharged
neon's only.

Dynomax 2.5"
Cat Back Exhaust (doesnt say anytihng about turbo.)

http://modernperformance.com/dcx/95-99_exhausts-headers.shtml

Hop off my nuts

posted by  newyorker

Hate to say but you're wrong on that account. The XR2i makes an ideal budget track blaster and there are alot of support for the CVH or ZETEC engine.

posted by  fudge

XR2, yes. RS turbo, yes. Boy racers in their 1.1 - 1.3 OHV Fiesta made to look like an XR or RSt....No lol:clap:

posted by  Cliffy

hmmm a galant? 30 horsepower - why not throw on a stock eclipse turbo?
maybe just a nitrous kit- your motor should be able to handle a 50 shot wet kit with nothing more then a fuel pressure regulator, air fuel gauge, new plugs, and MAYBE a fuel pump-
...and then you dont have to listen to that DAMN exhaust when you are trying to talk to your girl:thumbs:

posted by  3geclipse13087

and you SO dont want to get the cheap coilovers from ebay...
if their is one place you dont want to cut corners on it is def. your suspension :doh: .. i have read horror stories about people losing controll of their rear ends on the highway do to POT HOLLS....go with skunk2, or a tein or eibach spring.!:laughing:

... you are retarded, ok, b/c a company markets there exhaust as a turbo only, does not mean it wont increase power on non turbod models. if you gunna turbo a car, you neeeeeed a 3in exhaust, a 2.5 might work, but a 3in is rele the only way to get the hp out of your turbo. you dont know what your talking about, just shut the hell up, jesus

also, if you read the damn info on the trubo exhaust, you can tell that that specific exhaust was designed to BOLT ON to a turbo car, with a sepcific turbo, probably b/c they designed it around they way that particualr trubo setup works, thus if you tried to install it on a non-turbo, you would miss maybe some connection sumwhere, making it no longer a direct bolt on

EDIT: hey look, a 3in exhaust

Dynomax Dodge Exhaust System - Dodge Pick Up Full Size

Dodge Exhaust Fits: 2004 - 2004 Dodge Pick Up Full Size Exhaust System
Brand: Dynomax Exhaust System
Part #: Dynomax 19370

Description: Ultra Flo Kit; Exhaust System; 3" System; Includes Intermediate Pipe; Ultra Flo Muffler Welded; Tail Pipe; Clamps;

Price: $260.10

oh and look, another one!

Corsa Dodge Exhaust System
Corsa Exhaust System Fits: 1996 - 2002 Dodge Viper Exhaust System
Brand: Corsa

Part Number: 14122

Description: 3.0" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Exhaust System, Dual 4" Rear Exit Polished Stainless Steel Tips, Bolt On, Balance Tube Reduces Interior Resonance, Adjustable Rear Hanger, Lifetime Manufacturers Warranty

Price: $1,492.37

and as i recall, niether of those two cars are stock turbo's, hmm, and both description sya direxct bolt on, hmmmmmmmm

posted by  ride3k

Hmm one is a truck, and another is a performance/supercar.

posted by  newyorker

whats your point dipshit? you said 3in pipes were only for turbo cars, didnt say anything about what type fo car it was, go get your facts straight

posted by  ride3k

A car is not a truck. The viper is nowhere close to a Galant. Youre taking it and using my wording to relate to cars that dont have ANY association with what I meant. I got all of my facts straight.

posted by  newyorker

ya, except i didnt twist any of youre words, you said...

and i said that you are a reatard, that 3in does not reduce power, showed you 2 types of exhaust for 2 different cars, both of which gain hp with the bigger exhaust

so i want to know why you think that a 3in exhaust loses power, and give me actual proof, not a link to a site that sells turbo exhaust systems

posted by  ride3k

3 inch exhaust does good in higher power cars like the ones you mentioned. In his car, it wouldnt do much but make a lot of noise.

posted by  newyorker

but thats not what you said, jesus christ do you even read what you type? plus, it will still add some type of hp, if it is an improvement in size over what he has now, its like trying to breathe in normally, then trying to breathe out thorrugh a damn straw, if you make the exhale straw bigger, you can breathe easier, and you can have mor breathe, hence less energy used trying to breath, meaning more energy to do everything else. it is logic, dont even need to know anything about cars, jsut straight up logic

posted by  ride3k

True but id rather NOT hear what shes saying. I dont choose my women because they are good talkers...

posted by  bebopin64

OK now instead of a straw, take say a toilet roll tube and exhale through it rapidly. Do you feel feel like coughing?

Can I also suggest that an increase in power at higher revs (e.g. because of a low impedance exhaust) may not necessarily be desirable if it sacrifices power at low and midrange and increases your fuel consumption..

posted by  Wally

He's right it isn't what you said.

posted by  Pythias

OK i didnt say it right but thats what i meant to say

posted by  newyorker

Sure you did. :banghead:

posted by  elchango36

Yea I DID:thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

next time, clarify first, were not psychich and your not very intelligent so the two combos dont work, type what you think and mean, and nothing else

posted by  ride3k

:clap:

i went ahead and got cold air and exhast and i got a huge gain. I wasnt expecting to get much increase so what i got seemed huge.

posted by  bebopin64

You planning on dyno'ing her soon? :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

i will dyno it soon. as soon as my sponsor's check comes and i get a turbo.

posted by  bebopin64

I smell BS? What car is this? And what did it have installed before you got sponsored.

posted by  newyorker

Not sure of the car, but I'm guessing she was stock prior to the turbo...

posted by  chris_knows

no turbo yet. I got sponsored by a one of my dads old partner's law firm. im getting 11000 from him. my stock galant wouldnt fetch a sponsorship from anybody unless there was this much history.

posted by  bebopin64

getting sponsorshipes is easier than pie, just talk talk talk. Esspecially if the company is in any way car related, small sponsors are easy to get (under 15k)

posted by  ride3k

takes a decent sales pitch thats all.

posted by  bebopin64

I personally meant carsponsorships.com
I tried with them, and they called me back, but I guess my Neon didnt appeal to them much(haters). Getting sponsored by some other firm is acceptable I guess. I thought he did it through a big corporation, and with the galant, so I had my doubts.

posted by  newyorker

Question, I am a total noob to this sponsorship stuff, what happens? They get to put stuff all over your car with their names and logo's and they pay you for it? If so maybe my Mustang would catch their eye :hi: Seems like a good way to make good money but please elaborate and explain to me about sponsorships of cars.

posted by  Pythias

Maybe you can do it. Il try around the local speed shops.

posted by  newyorker

is the picin your sig of your neon? you should easily be able to get a sponsorship with that.

posted by  bebopin64

basiclly thry pay you a sum of money to brand your car with thier name, hand out flyers, and tell em "blah blah good company"

it a really good deal esspecially if you can get into autoshows and you have a nice looking car

posted by  ride3k

That isn't his car.

posted by  Pythias

Well then here's the next question, does anyone know of any decent legitimate sites or places to try to get a sponsor for a basically stock car? lol

posted by  Pythias

there are the schemes like carsponsorships.com but they rarely work. your better off setting up a folder and explaining clearly how sponsorships work and ask for one and mail it to every company you can think of.

posted by  bebopin64

thats probabaly the best idea, but ya, carsponsorship is the lazy mans way of having any type of chance

posted by  ride3k

Nop its not mine. Mine has tints, hood vynils, DEPO euro headlights with 5000k HID bulbs, sound system by JVC, Jensen, SONY XPLOD, nad Pioneer.

posted by  newyorker

junk, junk, junk, and more junk. i wouldn't be bragging about that stuff, especially jensen.

posted by  glagon1979

My jensens sound better than my friends Pioneer TS-A, my pioneer hits better than his Kicker comp12, and my headunit is just fine. Shut your trap. Lets see some pictures of your car with your super sound system.:fu:

posted by  newyorker

ive done the math on it and I've figured out it costs about 6-8g's to trick out a car n/a style. If I get more sponsors (I'm trying) and reach my $25k goal I am thinking of getting a new car and tricking that one out. I am leaning towards a 300zx. What do you think a good show car would be? I doubt that my sponsors will mind if I transfer the sponsorship from a galant to a sports car.

posted by  bebopin64

Look ace, your story is full of holes. If you were in fact "sponsored", you wouldn't be worried about buying cheap ass junk off of eBay. Just take your Hot Wheels car and paint it with your mommy's finger nail polish. That should win some shows.:banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Ok dipshit, if you had paid attention you would realize that at the time I started this thread I was not sponsored, I was simply trying with no hope of succeeding. I'm not insecure enough to lie to make a bunch of strangers whom I will never meet think I'm cool because I'm sponsored.:banghead:

posted by  bebopin64

Okay douche bag, there is nothing in this thread to indicate that. That fact and lack of information aside, I still find it highly unlikely that anybody would "sponsor" someone who doesn't even have their shit together enough to know what kind of car they're going to use as a basis for modifying.

Before you fire off another indignant and ignorant response, realise that I'm one of the guys who write checks to bozos like you. Well, not like you, to people who need some extra $$$ to show a car, who own a car and who know what they're doing.

posted by  vwhobo

No...just no...not going to bother.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Dude whatever I don't care whether you believe me can you just answer my question.

posted by  bebopin64

LOL, did anyone else give their Matchbox cars "custom" paint jobs when they were little??? :laughing:

posted by  elchango36

back in the day when fast and furious first came out I loved his eclipse so much i painted all my cas green with black.

posted by  bebopin64

But you know they do :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

in time my friend, in time. and im not trying to be all hard and prove myself to you or anyone else on here. i know what i got and how im gonna use it. oh and just so you know, im not one to get $2K in stereo equipment and then go brag. i dont want to be heard comming from 4 blocks away. a system is for you and you only, not everyone else.

edit: just so you know, i dont have a digital camera, so i guess you will be left in the dark for a long time, kay dipsh*t

posted by  glagon1979

That or you just cant back anything you say. Im not proving anything, im simply telling you to stop being a cockblocker and hatin peoples shit. My system was not 2k. Il even sum it for you
HU=free from big bro
HU mounting eqpt., harness, etc.etc.=$40
All around speakers=$80
Speaker installation=$65
AMP=$100
SUB enclosed=$140
Installation of amp/sub=$100
To me that=$525
Before you go and talk, why not think. i play my system for me, but when needed, I CAN light up the neighborhood with some trance.

posted by  newyorker

i guess we will never know, will we? like i said i know what i have. im sorry i dont have all the little toys that everyone has these days. i dont have a camera, scanner,or a computer at home. id rather spend my money on cars, buying and selling and building my pavement pounder. also somewhere in between all that, i have to provide for a 6 month old daughter and a fiance. i have rent, electric, phone, car insurance for 2 cars, gas, etc. you wouldn't know about all that cause you still live with mommy and daddy. so in closing, STFU

posted by  glagon1979

Yes, being 17, I do live at home. Is there something wrong with that?

posted by  newyorker

Your Message